Are they hand reading and replying? I filled this out earlier this morning and have not had any response.
    The posting from Zinio's CMO said it will take up to 48 hours from registration with the form.
    03-20-12 06:48 PM
    This app is a bad port of the android version imo. Back button missing from a lot of pages, poor resolution and in the help section it even refers to it as the android version of zinio.
    03-20-12 07:02 PM
    I like others on here ordered maxim to try out the app and was frustrated and that I was not able to actually see the magazine on my playbook.

After a few hours of troubleshooting last night I emailed them about my situation. I got a response to my email about 10 hours later, similar to the ones already posted.

I called the 1888 number and to my surprise I got an agent right away. Although they said there was a bit of a delay refunding PayPal purchases there was no problem getting a refund.

I feel better in some ways that I didn't just throw away $10.

Hopefully someone straitens out this whole pg-13 rating thing. (personally I believe RIM has a rating system in place for a reason) if everything has to be pg-13 why have a rating system?!

On a side note, I am really surprised at the 'android' references in the help file. When I submitted my app RIM asked me to correct the 'B' in PlayBook. (I had put "Playbook" in my help file)

I look forward to trying out this app again in a few weeks when things have been sorted out.
    03-20-12 07:05 PM
    nobody's whining.

Its just that we waited all this time and NOTHING works.
    Now that I can relate to. This is the one app I've been anxiously waiting for, and now that I've actually gotten to install it, I get Error #2124 trying to open anything. That's rather offputting. Pretty deplorable.
    03-20-12 07:12 PM
    nobody's whining.

Its just that we waited all this time and NOTHING works.
    App works perfectly for me. No issues whatsoever.

I'm very happy with it.

DG
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    03-20-12 07:17 PM
    Now that I can relate to. This is the one app I've been anxiously waiting for, and now that I've actually gotten to install it, I get Error #2124 trying to open anything. That's rather offputting. Pretty deplorable.

i "tweeted" them about an error 2124 on the Esquire magazine and they got my email address over DM. I then received an email askin which issue of which magazine i would like as a replacement.

havent heard back yet, but we'll see how it goes. It looks like theyre listening and TRYING to make it right, which is second best to having it working right in the first place
    03-20-12 07:21 PM
    Anyone else getting an "Error #2124" error with this app? I've uninstalled it, reinstalled it, restarted my PlayBook and still get this error when trying to view the free issue of Esquire I downloaded.
    I too have this error, and am wondering if it has something to do with the fact that I had Zinio CS put Esquire into my account. (I tried for Maxim for my free issue not realizing that it does not work on PB). I also should note that I can not get it to work on-line either (esquire). Wondering if this is something to do with location (i'm in Canada)
    03-20-12 07:27 PM
    i "tweeted" them about an error 2124 on the Esquire magazine and they got my email address over DM. I then received an email askin which issue of which magazine i would like as a replacement.

havent heard back yet, but we'll see how it goes. It looks like theyre listening and TRYING to make it right, which is second best to having it working right in the first place
    OK, apparently the issue is with the freebie. (Maybe I should have downloaded Elle instead?). No biggie -- I really didn't want to read Esquire anyway. So I grabbed an issue of Cycle World (with that bithcin' V-4 Aprillia on the cover), and it works. The app actually isn't half bad.
    03-20-12 07:47 PM
    I took get this Error #2124 on the latest Esquire magazine. I also had an email today that said I get a welcome bonus of a free Esquire Magazine and Elle Magazine, but they don't show up in my library. Anyone know where the heck I find them? I'd like to try this out, but with one magazine that won't open, another that won't completely download, and the other 'freebies' missing, it's getting a bit frustrating
    jemunt likes this.
    03-20-12 07:48 PM
    Same error here. Woonder how apps are put out there with these types of issues? It would have been better to wait another month and have the bugs squashed/smoother experience. Bah...passing on this for now.
    03-20-12 08:00 PM
    I want to say that Elle did work for me. As Elle was downloading, Esquire seemed to be re-downloading as well. I still ended up getting that 2124 error though.
    03-20-12 08:07 PM
    How the fcuk does this app gets released. Doesn't any one in RIM try out basic functionality...like if it works at all. Pathetic stuff from Rim. This signifies the culture of failure in RIM. What could have been a great comeback turns out to be huge disappointment....
    03-20-12 08:09 PM
    I keep getting Error # 1009
    I'm getting Error 1009 too, can't even download Automobile or Motor Trend. They show up in my library but download won't start.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app, rebooting the Playbook, restarting the magazine download, nothing works. Emailed Zinio today and I'll post once I hear back from them.
    03-20-12 08:09 PM
    The email said $5 credit, what happened to the $25 that was touted?
    03-20-12 08:19 PM
    Okay I am going to be writing RIM a message tomorrow explaining the process of Quality Assurance... This fiasco of an app release may be a matter of rush and poor communication. RIM knows better than to limit to PG-13, likewise Zinio should have some decent developers... Something brokw in communication.

(Warning adult comment) amyway, I'm drunk and need to get laid. Maybe I should puff the magic dragon first! That advice comes from Maxim d
    03-20-12 08:43 PM
    I downloaded the Zinio app, created an account, and made my first purchase. However, I received an error code 1009 another magazine will not download. I have contacted Zinio, but wonder if anyone else is experiencing problems or has successfully downloaded?
    03-20-12 09:01 PM
    Okay I am going to be writing RIM a message tomorrow explaining the process of Quality Assurance... This fiasco of an app release may be a matter of rush and poor communication. RIM knows better than to limit to PG-13, likewise Zinio should have some decent developers... Something brokw in communication.

(Warning adult comment) amyway, I'm drunk and need to get laid. Maybe I should puff the magic dragon first! That advice comes from Maxim d
    Can you let us know where you will be emailing your message. I also want to email RIM regarding their PG-13 crap; might be helpful if everyone does so on mass so that RIM recognizes that this is a concern.

Gotta love the Professional Playbook; you could be professional enough to run a multi-billion dollar company yet not professional enough to read something beyond PG-13. Makes sense to me <-- sarcasm.
    03-20-12 09:34 PM
    I really want to buy some magazines but you guys are putting me off.

RIM and zinio better get on this fast or their reports is going to go down the drain and nobody will want to buy any magazines.
    03-20-12 09:57 PM
    RIM...please censor my Web browser as I have the ability to surf pr0n on it.

Even better that the PB supports flash on pr0n sites.
    harshalbid271 and tommyv like this.
    03-20-12 10:07 PM
    Did you not read the posts?
    Some of us have purchased magazines using Zinio on our Playbook only to find out that the publication can not actually be VIEWED on the Playbook. There was no indication of this when making the purchase.
    This is the response I got today:

Thank you for contacting Zinio Customer Support.

RIM, similar to Apple and Android is strict on what content they consider acceptable for the audience using their device. RIM restricts any content rated PG-13 or R for their devices and until they eliminate these restrictions, Zinio cannot provide this content for the Playbook. I'm sorry for any inconvenience, if you would like a refund for your purchase, please reply and we are happy to process that within 2 business days.

These publications continue to be accessible through the online or offline readers available for flash-compatible devices. You can download the free software for your Mac, PC here.

At this time we apologize that our listing incorrectly shows the RIM platform for this title and is available in the Zinio App's SHOP section -- we are making changes to correct this going forward. In the future you can check which publications are compatible with your device by going to the shop on your device. When logging into Zinio - The World&#39;s Largest Newsstand, each title lists the platforms that it's compatible with.
    Siiid likes this.
    03-20-12 11:18 PM
    Thank you RIM for protecting me from the women who wear barely nothing. Why would they filter out the adult stuff like maxim and when you type Japanese in app world you get apps of japanese girls in bikinis. Hahahhahaha so lame
    03-20-12 11:22 PM
    Why do idiots in app world, give it five stars when in some comments they havent even read a magazine.
    FFS this isnt a five star app, 3 maybe 4 (though thats pushing it imo), but there are at least a dozen comments with 5 stars saying what a great app will see what its like when I have downloaded a magazine.
    Sheesh.
    harshalbid271 likes this.
    03-21-12 01:29 AM
    I'm so confused with this PG 13 thing. Surely if the PB was a device that kids are using in school, then yes there should be a rating restriction. However, if someone wants to purchase a magazine, then surely we have the right to read it? Also, how come in App world they have content ratings of "adult, 18+" ? Yes fair enough I don't think there are many apps in that category, but at least it is there.

I deleted Zinio as I was getting frustrated with the error messages and poor selection of relevant magazines. Here is a crazy idea for you Zinio....not all women want to read trashy gossip magazines and would rather read intellectual content! There is no Times Educational supplement (other devices have it), and Psychologies is only in Russian or French. Where is the English version? *sigh*.
    Someone give me a shout when things improve with this app and I will start again.
    03-21-12 01:34 AM
    I think RIM haven't considered different age restrictions of in-app purchases.
    As Zinio seems to be able to recognize the app version, a solution could be releasing a second Zinio version which is marked with an AppWorld mature rating.
    Edit: Then again, it works in the video store app (or doesn't it? I don't have access to it), so it seems even more strange.
    Last edited by Rjinswand; 03-21-12 at 01:56 AM.
    03-21-12 01:51 AM
    I'm happy to see that RIM, Apple and Google only children who buy their products. Silly me for thinking that I'm an adult and have the ability to think for myself and make my own decisions.
    Now we know the real reason behind the naming the tablet as 'BlackBerry PlayBook'. Shouldn't we at least get a box of Crayola Crayons to accompany our BlackBerry PlayBooks? For the world's first professional-grade tablet I an starting to wonder if they meant kindergarten-grade tablet - games, child-friendly books and magazines, finger drawing applications... I can just imagine a three year old sitting on the floor with the tablet and clapping her/his hands, smiling and laughing at the pretty animation.
    03-21-12 02:03 AM
447 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD