2124 here.

Deleted the mag multiple times. Deleted the app multiple times. Tried 3 different wifi access points. Its not happenin
    03-23-12 11:14 AM
    Send a support request to [email protected]. Let them know directly. Hopefully they will have a quick fix.

Suggest you be nice in your messages, tell them how glad you are that they are now supporting PlayBook!
    03-23-12 12:20 PM
    Tried delete then restore one more time, and it worked
    03-23-12 12:45 PM
    Not working for me either after multiple deletes, reboots etc.
    I guess unless you are a bb fanboi, or one of those pathetic reviewers who gave the app five stars, the app doesn't work for you.
    cogsinister likes this.
    03-23-12 12:49 PM
    2124 here.

Deleted the mag multiple times. Deleted the app multiple times. Tried 3 different wifi access points. Its not happenin
    I just did a delete and restore of the magazine (I had already done it multiple times) and it worked this time. So they must have fixed the glitch. I hope.

A disaster of a release but they have definitely won me over with their customer support alone.
    03-23-12 12:55 PM
    Anybody familiar with Next Issue? it seems like a better alternative to Zinio, because you can access you 'zines if you already have a print subscription.

Next Issue | Your Favorite Magazines, designed for the Tablet

Next Issue offers enhanced editions of the world’s most popular magazines, optimized for tablets. Everything you love about the print edition plus exclusive photos, videos and stories. Now, for a limited time, the preview release will feature select popular titles available exclusively on Android tablets.

New subscribers can get started with a FREE 30-day trial or purchase single issues. Already subscribe? Depending on the magazine title, existing print subscribers qualify for a free or discounted digital subscription.

Many more titles coming soon. Watch it unfold.™

Next Issue’s preview release is only available in the United States.

Came across this Android app today and Crackberry user kozmonaut was nice enough to convert it for Playbook:

New Blackberry Playbook Apps | Good e-Reader Android App Store - Playbook App Store - We support Kobo Vox, Kindle Fire, Blackberry Playbook and More
    Last edited by shemaree09; 03-23-12 at 01:15 PM.
    Email to Zinio support sent regarding the non appearance of my $25 credit , or any $ credit for that matter !
    I just got the e-mail for a $5 one lol.
    03-23-12 12:56 PM
    I used my voucher of 5$ surfer magazine.
    i dont like the zoom on the zinio. its a little crazy.
    03-23-12 12:57 PM
    Here's the response I got regarding the $25

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Zinio Customer Support.

Thank you for using the brand new Zinio app on your Playbook!

All new Playbook users will receive a $25 credit for downloading and installing the app as long as they filled out their information on that page after the launch of the app. (You will have received a $5 code as well)

This credit will be sent within 48 hours of you entering your email on this list. Please only sign up once as multiple entries may delay the arrival of your code, also please make sure you input the email address that is tied to your Zinio account.

If you have not yet received credit within 5 business days, please check your email SPAM or JUNK folder and then reply to this email.
    So apparently I'll be getting a total of $30
    'That page' they are referring to is Form, if you haven't done so, make sure you register there or you won't be getting the credit they promised. Registration is open until March 31st

edit to point out the important parts
    Last edited by VeniceBB; 03-23-12 at 01:27 PM.
    03-23-12 01:00 PM
    Wtf does a review score or being a fan have to do with it?
    03-23-12 01:02 PM
    Here's the response I got regarding the $25

So apparently I'll be getting a total of $30
    'That page' they are referring to is Form, if you haven't done so, make sure you register there or you won't be getting the credit they promised.
    Wait so download the app, THEN fill out the form all within a certain time frame?
    03-23-12 01:05 PM
    Wait so download the app, THEN fill out the form all within a certain time frame?
    I am the only one that is still confused by all this ?
    03-23-12 01:08 PM
    Yes. You have until March 31st, I believe, so you should still be able to register
    03-23-12 01:23 PM
    I am the only one that is still confused by all this ?
    I'm sure you're not The lines of communication haven't been all that clear...
    03-23-12 01:25 PM
    Anybody familiar with Next Issue? it seems like a better alternative to Zinio, because you can access you 'zines if you already have a print subscription.
    You can do that with Zinio too. You need to contact the magazine publisher and ask to switch to a digital subscription. If they can't do it, you could always just cancel and subscribe digitally.
    03-23-12 01:52 PM
    Maxim wasn't working for me, so I deleted it and reinstalled it and it is working now. I know many of you have already tried this, maybe give it another shot
    03-23-12 02:19 PM
    Where does the credit appear in your Zinio account? How do you know if you got any credit attributed to your account?
    03-23-12 02:23 PM
    NornIron Legend, you'll get an email with a code that you can apply to your purchases
    03-23-12 02:28 PM
    NornIron Legend, you'll get an email with a code that you can apply to your purchases
    Ah OK thanks!
    03-23-12 02:31 PM
    Noticed that Maxim and Bizarre were both in my magazines last night, but only just got around to opening them now. Haven't noticed any of the issues with opening Maxim, works fine.

I'm a relatively happy camper.

MJ
    03-23-12 02:41 PM
    Single tap on the screen. This will bring up a thumbnail film strip at the bottom of hte page. At the top of the page you will see a back arrow that takes you to the library, and at the right, you will see icons that when tapped will lead you to larger thumbnails of the pages to flick through , or the regular magazine view. Single-tapping will toggle the full pages (landscape) view and the thumbnail views.

Edit. I miss the PlayBook swipes.
    lmao ... why would they do such a thing when the PB swipe options are SO much better?
    03-23-12 02:52 PM
    Maxim wasn't working for me, so I deleted it and reinstalled it and it is working now. I know many of you have already tried this, maybe give it another shot
    Yup working well for me now
    03-23-12 03:21 PM
    About 2 hours after i sent the email to Zinio support, i got the $25 !!!!

Here is a part of the email they sent.

"Hello,

Thanks for contacting Zinio Customer Support.

Here is your code: ZINIOxxxxxxxxxxxx
    It expires 3/30/2012

If you still have a question after reading these tips, please reply to this email for further assistance. "

Yay !!!
    03-23-12 05:13 PM
    About 2 hours after i sent the email to Zinio support, i got the $25 !!!!

Here is a part of the email they sent.

"Hello,

Thanks for contacting Zinio Customer Support.

Here is your code: ZINIOxxxxxxxxxxxx
    It expires 3/30/2012

If you still have a question after reading these tips, please reply to this email for further assistance. "

Yay !!!
    I'm glad you got your code. Still, I am surprised at the different answers we're getting. And also, the code expires 3/30... so you have to use it within a week? The $5 code I got expires at the end of April. That's not a lot of time to use it either, but at least it gives me a month to use it. Now I know it's a gift and I'm sure there's people out there who say I shouldn't complain, but I have to say that I'm slightly disappointed by the way they're handling all of this.
    Last edited by VeniceBB; 03-23-12 at 05:21 PM.
    03-23-12 05:19 PM
447 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD