lmao ... why would they do such a thing when the PB swipe options are SO much better?
    It looks very similar to the set up they have with WebOS as this is what I see on my Touchpad. And it doesnt take advantage of swiping there either. Maybe it's the same code that they are trying to tweak for all devices? Not really complaining as I suspect there will be bug fixes released. So far, I've enjoyed "thumbing" through my freebies (especially the Food one) but I agree with some who have already said that magazines do tend to look better on a larger screen.

Interestingly, one of my free magazines AFAR shows up on the Touchpad (and on my desktop) but not on the PlayBook.

Still waiting for my coupon(s). Will give it another day or two before emailing them.

EDIT (March 23, 6pm PDT): Got my $25 coupon! Thanks, Zinio! My coupon expires April 30.
    Last edited by lotuslanderz; 03-23-12 at 08:15 PM. Reason: coupon received
    03-23-12 05:21 PM
    I'm glad you got your code. Still, I am surprised at the different answers we're getting. And also, the code expires 3/30... so you have to use it within a week? The $5 code I got expired at the end of April. That's not a lot of time to use it either, but at least it gives me a month to use it. Now I know it's a gift and I'm sure there's people out there who say I shouldn't complain, but I have to say that I'm slightly disappointed by the way they're handling all of this.
    They sure dont give us much time thats for sure, to be honest i never read the expiry date.

I got a very good value sub to Stereophile for me at 10 bucks and a single craft mag for the wife, so i think i have about 10 bucks left to spend.
    03-23-12 05:23 PM
    Still yet to hear from them via my polite email...

Next one may not be so polite....lol.. Nah I'll just delete the app and give up on digital magazines.
    03-23-12 05:55 PM
    Still yet to hear from them via my polite email...

Next one may not be so polite....lol.. Nah I'll just delete the app and give up on digital magazines.
    If i deleted mine i don't think i would miss them to be honest, you can't beat a real glossy heavy paper magazine IMO.
    03-23-12 05:57 PM
    And here as well.
    And here as well!
    03-23-12 06:32 PM
    I received the following from Zinio 5 minutes ago... "Please accept our sincerest apologies. Due to technical errors not everyone has received the $25 credit upon registration.

Click here to let us know if you haven't received your credit yet.

Your credit will be sent to you by email within 48 hours.

Thank you for your patience,

Zinio Support."

We'll see what happens in the next couple of days.
    03-23-12 06:59 PM
    Just got this
    We hope you are enjoying Zinio on your PlayBook!

Please accept our sincerest apologies. Due to technical errors not everyone has received the $25 credit upon registration.

Click here to let us know if you haven't received your credit yet.

Your credit will be sent to you by email within 48 hours.

Thank you for your patience,

Zinio Support
    03-23-12 06:59 PM
    And you beat me to it lol
    03-23-12 07:00 PM
    Just got the same message. Glad to see they are trying to fix things
    offthahorseceo likes this.
    03-23-12 07:07 PM
    I can't believe how many people on this list subscribe to Maxim! Personally, I hate paying for pictures that are freely available on the internet. I only like paying for the real thing. I find it cheaper than the cost of a wife.
    03-23-12 07:47 PM
    I can't believe how many people on this list subscribe to Maxim! Personally, I hate paying for pictures that are freely available on the internet. I only like paying for the real thing. I find it cheaper than the cost of a wife.
    Well... thanks for enlightening us with your view on women, I guess.
    fotyc likes this.
    03-23-12 07:56 PM
    Just got my $25 credit. That was quick.
    03-23-12 08:09 PM
    It was difficult to see what functions on the app, but I guess you can choose an article from the table of contents and it will jump to that section... it is a bit delayed and there's no indication if I'm pressing the correct article or pressing it at all... but it works
    03-23-12 08:18 PM
    Thanks to you all fellow berry crackers, I got my 25$ coupon. I spent it right away, subscribed some magazines (34.59$CA for 12 issues), and to my surprise it deducted $32.93CA from my purchase. SWEET!

Digital Gift Card: zinioxxxxxxxxxxx
    Amount applied: $32.93 CA

Credit Card: Master Card
    Payment: $3.39 CA
    QuantumFish777 likes this.
    03-23-12 08:21 PM
    Got mine! I called them today to fix my accidental cancellation, then this afternoon I got an email asking me to let them know if I got my credit. I hadn't, so I replied No, and just a bit ago I got the code for the credit! Things are looking up... I think their customer service must be a little understaffed - when I clicked into their service survey this morning there was a list of reps to choose from, with radio buttons - they have few enough reps that they can put them all in a radio button list. The guy I talked to on the phone was extremely friendly and helpful.
    QuantumFish777 likes this.
    03-23-12 08:48 PM
    Got this email regarding the edge of the pages being cut off:
    Also got this email regarding side of pages being cut off:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Zinio Customer Support.

This is a known issue we are currently working on. This should be resolved with the next update. I apologize for the inconvenience.

If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Kind regards,
    03-23-12 09:20 PM
    I cant make a purchase. Either through paypal or with credit card. Suggestions ?
    03-23-12 09:26 PM
    I cant make a purchase. Either through paypal or with credit card. Suggestions ?
    Same here. Can't believe so many here rave about this app when its so hard to make a purchase.

Keeps asking me for a password, then my name and address (presumeably to sell it to a mailing list), then when I try to purchase using PayPal it just sits there. WTF!

Oh yes, browsing the free issues is very jerky, not smooth at all. And their website doesn't offer PayPal as a payment option!

Seriously, this app sucks big time.
    03-23-12 09:37 PM
    Got my $25 credit today!!

I sent them an email asking about it yesterday.

I included a link to the form that had all the information!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-24-12 10:26 AM
    I got the $25 and $5 credits now. I typed in the $25 code and it looks like it used it, although it didn't actually show it before confirming my purchase.

Now I added the $5 code into the account settings section..so I have a about $6 left total now but if I buy a subscription now, how do I know that the $6 is going towards my order? It doesn't show clearly on the checkout screen if the discount worked or not, or how much goes towards it.
    03-24-12 10:46 AM
    Oh yes, browsing the free issues is very jerky, not smooth at all. And their website doesn't offer PayPal as a payment option!

Seriously, this app sucks big time.
    The Playbook app does have issues with purchases, as is the case with using the vouchers they sent out.
    I have been using the website on the PC to purchase as it offers paypal and I dont have any issues, then I turn the app on and it downloads the mag with no issues.
    Until they release an update I wouldnt use in-app purchases.

how do I know that the $6 is going towards my order? It doesn't show clearly on the checkout screen if the discount worked or not, or how much goes towards it.
    Yeah the purchase confirmation is really poorly laid out, wait for the confirmation email, I know when you dont have enough credit for a purchase you have to put credit card details in, but if you have enough credit you do not have to enter any details for payment except name, address etc.
    03-24-12 10:49 AM
    I got my email yesterday asking if I got my $25. I didn't so I entered my info and about 30 minutes ago I found the email with my $25 credit.

Because of all of the free magazines they had I was able to look at some (even though they were not ones I would buy) and get an idea about how the app works and what the mags would be like.

So when my credit came in I was ready to spend. I just bough 5 mags.

JP Magazine
    European Car
    Motor Trend
    Home Theater
    Sound + Vision

$50. Cost me $17. By Zinio supporting the PlayBook I feel they are supporting my purchase (the PlayBook) so I'm saying thank you by spending my money with them. I also have 4 more that I want to buy soon. And there is another 5 or 6 easy that I would like to have. I will spread them out a bit. But will go for at least lots of 5 to get the $5 Z perks.

James
    03-24-12 10:53 AM
    Oh ok thanks. I put my credit card info in, but my account settings shows that $24 was used from my $25 credit so I should be fine. I also unchecked the auto-renew boxes to make sure I won't be charged after the sub ends..unless i decide to pay for it in the future again.

One other question..I just got Maxim and ESPN (great deal for both, I think it was 26 ESPN issues and 12 Maxim issues for under $25 total). I don't ever buy magazines online or in store...does the Zino app show us the dates that the future magazines will be coming out?
    03-24-12 10:55 AM
    I got the $25 and $5 credits now. I typed in the $25 code and it looks like it used it, although it didn't actually show it before confirming my purchase.

Now I added the $5 code into the account settings section..so I have a about $6 left total now but if I buy a subscription now, how do I know that the $6 is going towards my order? It doesn't show clearly on the checkout screen if the discount worked or not, or how much goes towards it.
    I only made one subscription so far so don't have much experience. But right before I placed my order, it showed the amount that would charge to my credit card, in a bit smaller font on the left side of the button. For me, it looks like this:

Digital Gift Card: zinioxxxxxxxxxxx
    Amount applied: $32.93 CA

Credit Card: Master Card
    Payment: $3.39 CA
    03-24-12 10:57 AM
    got my 25$ credit!!!!! glad it came through
    03-24-12 11:03 AM
447 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD