Thanks for those links as I have now sent them an email about this.
    I signed up more than 2 months ago when the form was first up and never received an email about it being available and now 3 days later I have only received a $5 credit.
    If they dont help with this, I will go further as I have done with Borders Australia about an online voucher they promised with purchase of an item but they never honoured it.
    03-23-12 03:34 AM
    those $5 are only for people in US?
    I'm from UK and I got the email yesterday.

Just one thing though - I bought a guitarist mag for GBP2.49, and my credit is now USD1.04

Seems about right as far as current fx rates go, but remember it's USD not local currency.

(edited to add) I seem to have a problem downloading Revolution for free, as it will not complete. I've looked through Esquire & Elle (hey, it was free ok!) so my connection and account are ok. Just wondered if anyone else had that prob before I report to support...
    03-23-12 03:34 AM
    Still no Maxim on my PB, nor any voucher, nor can I read my subscription of Robb Report

I love my PB, and with Zinio it does theoretically everything that I wished for in a tablet. However I am quite annoyed by the problems mentioned above...
    03-23-12 04:36 AM
    I seem to only be able to get 5 free mags. Maxim doesn't work for me.

With that being said... This app is horribly designed. I can't find the menu and don't see a back button half the time. Am I missing something?

I'll give it some more time... But without the $25 credit and a badly designed app I may be deleting this pretty soon

Single tap on the screen. This will bring up a thumbnail film strip at the bottom of hte page. At the top of the page you will see a back arrow that takes you to the library, and at the right, you will see icons that when tapped will lead you to larger thumbnails of the pages to flick through , or the regular magazine view. Single-tapping will toggle the full pages (landscape) view and the thumbnail views.

Edit. I miss the PlayBook swipes.
    03-23-12 04:44 AM
    this is just short of a diaster IMO.
    03-23-12 04:47 AM
    Wow just got an email back and i was given a new code for $25.
    Within three hours pretty impressed.

I should add i emailed support first stating I had only received a $5 credit. Quick turnaround.
    Last edited by QuantumFish777; 03-23-12 at 05:01 AM.
    03-23-12 04:55 AM
    I am in India.. Filmfare and Readers digest were downloaded but not Maxim or India Today. Hope will get the voucher soon.

About the app : A decent mag reader.. 7" screen is a bit uncomfortable but I like the double-tap zoom that zooms depending on where you click - much much better than the Adobe PDF reader. Also, to bring the menu, you have to tap on the black part of the screen (not the page).
    03-23-12 05:27 AM
    Maxim is on my PlayBook this morning. However, I'm getting the #2124 error when trying to "read" it.
    03-23-12 05:49 AM
    I don't care what they say this app is nothing more than the Android app running on the PlayBook. It seems they just took a shortcut in an attempt to satisfy those of us asking for this app.
    03-23-12 06:08 AM
    Maybe NEW signups to Zinio get $25 and existing users who download and use the app get $5 ?
    03-23-12 06:17 AM
    Maybe NEW signups to Zinio get $25 and existing users who download and use the app get $5 ?
    Lots of us only signed up after the app was available. Still waiting on the $25.

Im guessing anyone who signs up gets $5. But Playbook users will get the full $25 at some point.
    cogsinister likes this.
    03-23-12 06:21 AM
    Lots of us only signed up after the app was available. Still waiting on the $25.

Im guessing anyone who signs up gets $5. But Playbook users will get the full $25 at some point.
    I've been a Zinio user for many years and haven't received either offer or the 2 free magazines they mentioned in the email announcing the release of the app.

And I'm just dying to read Elle!
    03-23-12 06:24 AM
    I'm a bit disenchanted with Zinio. I chose almost randomly a free sub to test the reader, it turned out to be a marketing mag from Dell so I cancelled my sub to it - this morning I got a "We've cancelled your Zinio account" email from them. What?? Just perfectly timed so I won't get my $25 credit... and I can't call them for 3 hours because they run on a pacific time clock. I don't think it's RIM that's bobbled this ball, I'm not very impressed with anything I've been reading about Zinio in this thread.
    03-23-12 06:43 AM
    I don't care what they say this app is nothing more than the Android app running on the PlayBook. It seems they just took a shortcut in an attempt to satisfy those of us asking for this app.
    I see Maxim in one of the screenshots!! that's good news.
    03-23-12 07:01 AM
    yeah Its showing for me, but I get the error message when you open it as well. Im sure it'll get sorted out.
    03-23-12 07:08 AM
    My maxim now shows as well fyi
    03-23-12 07:44 AM
    So apart from the whingers on here, has anyone emailed Zinio support for their credit like I did?
    03-23-12 07:45 AM
    After seeing your post i have just sent them an email myself. Its the first time i have thought of using digital magazines as i was looking forward to the credit and trying out a few magazines to see if i would like it or not.. I said that to them so im looking forward to seeing what their response will be. Also included the link to the page that clearly states $25 credit.
    03-23-12 08:01 AM
    I have e-mailed them too.. anything better than nothing.

anyone finding the 7" too small and inconvenient for magazines?
    03-23-12 08:18 AM
    . Also included the link to the page that clearly states $25 credit.
    Thats what I did just so there wasnt any confusion.

The 7" is a bit hard to read mags, alot of scrolling involved.
    After reading through here I found the double tap feature when in landscape mode which helps a little but still cuts off a good part of the page when I scroll across, and sometimes it'll scroll to the next page when I just want to read the edge of the page.
    03-23-12 08:23 AM
    As an existing subscriber I got 10.
    03-23-12 08:30 AM
    Those of you saying your Maxim appears now. Does it actually open? I keep getting error 2124, and the Zinio help solution of re-downloading the issue ends with the same results.
    03-23-12 10:13 AM
    So far, neither $5 nor $25. Plus, the tin-foil hat side of me is not quite ready to provide them with the PERMISSION needed to download anything.

For those who have been "desktop" subscribers, what kind of info do they ask for or track either in a desktop app or using the browser to read?
    03-23-12 10:27 AM
    Those of you saying your Maxim appears now. Does it actually open? I keep getting error 2124, and the Zinio help solution of re-downloading the issue ends with the same results.
    Nope error 2124 here as well.
    03-23-12 10:28 AM
    Nope error 2124 here as well.
    And here as well.
    03-23-12 10:37 AM
447 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD