you guys sound like a couple of lawyers
    03-22-12 01:17 PM
    So did Maxim pop up on anyone`s playbook yet? I was just so stupid to subscribe to it as it was so incredibly cheap. In the library it now says that RIM is supported!
    03-22-12 01:32 PM
    Has anyone received the 25$ credit yet?
    03-22-12 01:33 PM
    Some links to free magazines can be found here:-

T-Mobile + Zinio
    Zinio
    Zinio
    Zinio
    Zinio
    Zinio
    Zinio
    Zinio

I tweaked the URL's and there were many more in foreign languages but I haven't posted them here. It could be well for individual issues but its worth if its free!!!

The best way to add these is to log in to your zinio account through the computer and keep adding the issues by clicking the links above to your account while logged in. Now when you log in to your app you can see all the magazines. Hope this is useful.
    Thanks for the links. Most work great. Page 15, with the techy mags are no longer free...I was looking forward to reading the tablet and windows 7 issues - oh well.

TD
    03-22-12 01:34 PM
    Has anyone received the 25$ credit yet?
    I just received an email "Congratulations, here's your $5 reward!"

What gives, Zinio?
    03-22-12 02:30 PM

What gives, Zinio?
    Yeah, and they explicitly quote having a PlayBook... I have not purchase any magazines yet, as I am waiting for my $25. What's the point of buying subcriptions only to find out afterwards that you then get a credit that you can't use?

Maybe they're strategically planning doling it out like an allowance - $5 every month.
    03-22-12 02:35 PM

What gives, Zinio?
    Same here...
    03-22-12 02:40 PM
    The initial reference to the post in question (subject a) posted as a resolution to the absence of item in question. In agreement to your response, it does not hold argument to specific blame. It does only hold grounds of resolution to the absence. Development of pro- or anti-Rim can be derived from previous communication from company in question Zinio Inc. Henceforward, ...ahh frack it, I'm wasting time typing like this.
    That's a relief, because frankly, you were just stringing a bunch of words together and making no sense.

I don't like RIM, I love the PlayBook and enjoy the Zinio App. Let's not get into redonkulous side tracks. Zinio is working as it should have out of the gate.
    So we're agreed on all points then. Swell!
    03-22-12 02:41 PM
    Hmm, in my email was a message from Zinio for a $5 credit. Not $25. I am a new subscriber. Will check my spam file to see if there are any other offers.
    03-22-12 02:54 PM
    No problems here. Try uninstalling and reinstalling. You'll probably get Elle and Esquire in the process too.
    ive tried this 3 times now. the second time is what got me the elle and esquire showing up. even went into the application permissions and made sure it was set to "allow", already was and still no cover images (only in my read section) the cover images are all fine in every other area of the app.

ill look into it more later i guess
    03-22-12 03:21 PM
    From the new help section on Zinio for the Playbook:

Are older issues available through the app?
    Please note that some issues of some publications have not been enabled for the Playbook yet, new issues going forward of most titles will be compatible on your device. Prior issues because they were not produced for this platform may not yet be available, when they do become available they will appear automatically.

As for your other comments, I agree with you. There is a lot of panning/zooming that one has to do and sometimes zooming on an article that appears at the edge of the page will accidentally cause the page to turn. Like you, I found myself wishing for a 10" tablet as reading some magazines on the smaller screen size seems less than an optimal experience.

I'm hoping that with future upgrades to the Zinio app - which are in the works - this may become better.
    The strange thing is that I DO get many of my back issues. I've been a Car and Driver subscriber on Zinio for upwards of 5 years, but for some reason my back issues stop at December '09.

Weird, but I assume they'll fix it.
    03-22-12 03:57 PM
    Yeah, and they explicitly quote having a PlayBook... I have not purchase any magazines yet, as I am waiting for my $25. What's the point of buying subcriptions only to find out afterwards that you then get a credit that you can't use?

Maybe they're strategically planning doling it out like an allowance - $5 every month.
    I am a new user to zinio, sign up through the PB apps, but didn't even get the $5 coupon.
    Was going to subscribe something, now knowing other people are getting $5, it give me a second thought.
    03-22-12 06:02 PM
    I am a new user to zinio, sign up through the PB apps, but didn't even get the $5 coupon.
    Was going to subscribe something, now knowing other people are getting $5, it give me a second thought.
    How long ago did you sign up? Did you check your junk/spam folder?

James
    03-22-12 06:43 PM
    How long ago did you sign up? Did you check your junk/spam folder?

James
    Downloaded the app Tuesday night, signup yesterday (Wednesday) around 10PM. And checked my junk/spam already. Is the 5$ coupon a code unique to each user?
    03-22-12 07:48 PM
    Hmm, in my email was a message from Zinio for a $5 credit. Not $25. I am a new subscriber. Will check my spam file to see if there are any other offers.
    Same here. $5 credit for registering. My offer was already in the spam filter, so now what?
    03-22-12 08:45 PM
    Maxim has showed up on my playbook, and downloaded, but getting error #2124 when trying to view
    03-22-12 11:43 PM
    Maxim has showed up on my playbook, and downloaded, but getting error #2124 when trying to view
    Same here man....I tried deleting and redownloading like zinio.con has advised to do w/ that specific error and still that didn't work. Maybe they are still working on it, who knows lol
    03-22-12 11:45 PM
    Hey everyone, I wanted to let you know that GT (Gay Times ), Maxim, and other magazines that were blocked due to the PG-13 issue are now showing up on the Playbook.

I also want to express a heartfelt thank you to everyone who took the time to write/tweet Zinio and RIM concerning this issue. I dont think that this issue would have been resolved had the community not spoken out.
    Thunderbuck, VeniceBB and pkcable like this.
    03-22-12 11:57 PM
    those $5 are only for people in US?
    03-23-12 12:04 AM
    Same here man....I tried deleting and redownloading like zinio.con has advised to do w/ that specific error and still that didn't work. Maybe they are still working on it, who knows lol
    +1

No luck here with Maxim either. I tried the delete and re-download on the Esquire though which was getting the same error and now it works.
    03-23-12 12:07 AM
    I also got 5$ were is the 25$ promised? Why does everything always have to be a pita to get it done. I guess they want people to get exasperated after the PG-13 issue so now they won't feel like pushing the 25$ issue? Too many games Zinio! I would not expected 25$ had you not promised it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    03-23-12 12:10 AM
    Zinio seems to be working nicely for me. Still havent seen the coupon though I registered a couple of days ago. It's not in my spam box. Anyway, I am enjoying some of the free mags from this link by bengalt (post 246 in this thread)

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ml#post7256723
    03-23-12 01:42 AM
    I seem to only be able to get 5 free mags. Maxim doesn't work for me.

With that being said... This app is horribly designed. I can't find the menu and don't see a back button half the time. Am I missing something?

I'll give it some more time... But without the $25 credit and a badly designed app I may be deleting this pretty soon
    03-23-12 02:01 AM
    I got the code for a $5 credit today.
    As with others I was expecting a $25 credit but that does seem rather excessive, I am happy I got something.
    I am just trying to find where it says $25 anywhere, I only remember a comment on this site but it couldve been a typo?
    03-23-12 02:27 AM
    I am just trying to find where it says $25 anywhere, I only remember a comment on this site but it couldve been a typo?

CES 2012: Zinio Provides a Sneak Peek of their Popular App, Coming to the BlackBerry PlayBook [VIDEO] �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog
    To make this app launch even more exciting, you’ll get a $25 credit towards Zinio content when you download the app from BlackBerry App World once it’s been launched, courtesy of BlackBerry and Zinio!
    zinio.com/playbook
    Our $25 credit for new registrants is valid through March 31, 2012.
    QuantumFish777 likes this.
    03-23-12 02:35 AM
447 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD