Come on guys, don't just read the email, click the link in that email which brings you to their perks page.
    03-20-12 12:53 PM
    I don't see what all the fuss is about.
    Did you not read the posts?
    Some of us have purchased magazines using Zinio on our Playbook only to find out that the publication can not actually be VIEWED on the Playbook. There was no indication of this when making the purchase.
    03-20-12 12:58 PM
    I can't even log in. Won't take my password, and after resetting the password it won't take the new one they emailed me.
    03-20-12 12:59 PM
    Does anyone know of any free issues for US users? I want to test it out before committing (waiting on voucher info), and couldn't find any. I noticed Maxim is fairly cheap, but if it won't display on the device (based on what others have said), that's just a waste. I'm hoping the selection greatly improves too for tech/IT/science stuff with good prices.
    there are. Go to their site online and they have free issues you can add to your library

Zinio free samples:

Free Sample Magazines | Zinio - The World's Largest Newsstand

Also, if you setup your account online first, they offer a 2-3 issue free trial from a few magazines.

now if you can actually view them is another story....

i dont even think they tested this app
    Last edited by shemaree09; 03-20-12 at 01:33 PM.
    03-20-12 01:03 PM
    I have tried 2 of the free magazines from the Zinio website and the free one I chose when I signed up (Maxim). None of these are showing up on the Playbook app.
    03-20-12 01:14 PM
    I found one free mag that worked (Revolution). I don't even know what its about, I just wanted something to test! Works okay. I was hoping to have the $25 credit to have something to read on my commute tomorrow... oh well! Guess I'll have to read work related crap.

Hopefully, they get their e together in the next couple of days and make available the stuff they should have compatible, you know, Maxim... lol funny mag.
    03-20-12 01:49 PM
    About these Z-bucks:
    "Q: Where is this offer available?
    A: This offer is currently available for English-speaking newsstands only. We hope to launch this offer for all other newsstands at some point in the near future."
    (taken from the FAQ)

So, I can't even use this offer? What would be the point of choosing the country on that form then?
    03-20-12 01:58 PM
    This is from their Facebook perks page.

Here�s How It Works:

Make your first $10 purchase on Zinio and receive $10 in Z-Bucks (within 72 hours). Then keep buying!

Buy 5 or more, get $5 in Z-Bucks*
    Buy 10 or more, get $10 in Z-Bucks**
    Buy 25 or more, get $25 in Z-Bucks***

oooohhhh. never stated that would be the case

http://crackberry.com/zinio-reveals-...load-mid-march

"When the app is launched and you download it to your PlayBook, you will also receive a $25 credit towards Zinio content as a special thank you from both Zinio and BlackBerry."

oh well
    EricB1968 likes this.
    03-20-12 02:11 PM
    does anyone see the regular GQ in the list of magazines? I can pretty much see all of the international GQ magazines but not the regular one.

Don't feel like paying $60 for the UK version
    There is no USA GQ, only International.
    03-20-12 02:21 PM
    I found one free mag that worked (Revolution). I don't even know what its about, I just wanted something to test! Works okay.
    Is this the Revolution Digital issue? Zinio doesn't complete the download for me. (I have to quit Zinio and restart to kill the download and start other ones.) The Revolution Asia issues work fine, however.

Free issue subscribed to:

Revolution Asia 27, 28
    Travel + Leisure September 2010
    Dwell 100 Kitchens We Love
    Content 14 Spring 12
    RATMAG 2012
    Revolution Digital Vol 1

Free issues that show up on the Playbook:

Revolution Asia 27, 28
    Travel + Leisure September 2010
    RATMAG 2012
    Revolution Digital Vol 1

Free issues that show up on the Playbook but won't download completely:

Revolution Digital Vol 1
    bold.lover943 likes this.
    03-20-12 02:27 PM
    Form for $25 credit: Form
    03-20-12 02:28 PM
    I got the email whilst in work today and was looking forward to installing the app when I got home.

I had a feeling that my Playboy subscription would not work on the device and soon found out that I was right. I was surprised to see that my Maxim subscription, like others, is just not there.

I have no major issues with the app at the moment apart from you have to be careful when zooming in otherwise you seem to miss part of the page and there does not seem to be a text option like there is in the Android version.

Anyway, I was p*ssed off so I wrote them an email. I know I'll get the standard reply back saying it's not their fault, but the fault of Apple and Google and others that I can't enjoy Playboy on my tablet.

I understand that Apple and Google want to save me from eternal damnation hanging out with Satan for looking at naked women, but this is just beyond a joke. If Apple, Google and Blackberry don't want me to purchase mature publications through apps available on their markets, then so be it, but how can they block me looking at material I have already bought through a different medium?? What makes it even more incredulous is that Playboy have a bloody app in the Apple App Store!!! WTF is that all about???

I've been a Zinio subscriber for approx. 5 years. Perhaps I should just give up on it and do what many friends do and download PDFs of the latest issues for free off the internet instead. I'm sure that will help Zinio and the magazine publishers no end.
    03-20-12 02:28 PM
    So I saw in another thread the RIM is restricting what Magazines we can get. What's that about?
    03-20-12 02:32 PM
    oooohhhh. never stated that would be the case

http://crackberry.com/zinio-reveals-...load-mid-march

"When the app is launched and you download it to your PlayBook, you will also receive a $25 credit towards Zinio content as a special thank you from both Zinio and BlackBerry."

oh well
    WOW you're right !! I want my $25 credit
    03-20-12 02:36 PM

help with zinio

* NEW: Zinio's RIM Playbook app is now available! Please note that due to RIM restrictions, content that is PG-13 and up (such as Maxim) will not be viewable on the Playbook. We are working to remove these PG-13 titles from the Shop section of the app and removing the RIM compatibility icons from Zinio.com. If you recently made a purchase and due to the inability to view your content on the Playbook would like a refund, click here to request a refund.

I big F*** off from RIM
    03-20-12 02:39 PM
    if you said that 12 hours ago, that would've been news.

WOW you're right !! I want my $25 credit
    LETS GOGETTEM.
    03-20-12 02:48 PM
    My God, people will whine about anything. If you absolutely must have playboy or Maxim or whatever online, go complain to them for not extending your paper subscription to web content. Are you people that hard up that you can't survive without one more source of sc pr0n?

And the rest of you whining about the $25 credit - Shut Up, it's a frakkin' free app! What the he11 more do you want? Grow the f*** up already.
    03-20-12 02:49 PM

help with zinio

* NEW: Zinio's RIM Playbook app is now available! Please note that due to RIM restrictions, content that is PG-13 and up (such as Maxim) will not be viewable on the Playbook. We are working to remove these PG-13 titles from the Shop section of the app and removing the RIM compatibility icons from Zinio.com. If you recently made a purchase and due to the inability to view your content on the Playbook would like a refund, click here to request a refund.

I big F*** off from RIM
    yeah. i got the same email today. PG-13? what the....
    But that wasn't the question i asked though. Not sure if you guys can find this in your country's Zinio store, but "USEXY" a taiwanese FHM-like magazine is showing up on my playbook. If you guys can see the covers, obviously it isn't PG-13. In fact, when i first ran the app on my playbook, that was the only magazine that appeared on my playbook (even past issues). My PC mag, F1 legends, Top Gear, and Evo Magazine's past issues all didn't show up. -_-
    I, like others have stated, bought a maxim subscription as it said that was available for RIM and it did not show up on my Playbook. I sent an email asking whatsup and apparently RIM doesn't allow PG-13 or higher rated content and it was a up on Zinio's part that said RIM would allow Maxim.
    Here is the email.

"RIM restricts PG-13 or higher content for mobile devices. Until they eliminate these restrictions, Zinio cannot provide PG-13 content for the Playbook. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Considering this information, would you like a full refund of your purchase?

Normally, you can check which publications are compatible with your device by going to Zinio - The World's Largest Newsstand and searching for the title. Each title lists the platforms that it's compatible with. In this case, we apologize that our listing incorrectly shows the RIM platform for this title -- we are making changes to correct this going forward."

So we finally get a much anticipated app on the Playbook and RIM makes it suck. Beautiful.

So for the person who was wondering why their fitness magazines weren't showing up I would imagine it is because women in fitness outfits is considered PG-13. This is a shame.
    My God, people will whine about anything. If you absolutely must have playboy or Maxim or whatever online, go complain to them for not extending your paper subscription to web content. Are you people that hard up that you can't survive without one more source of sc pr0n?

And the rest of you whining about the $25 credit - Shut Up, it's a frakkin' free app! What the he11 more do you want? Grow the f*** up already.
    you mad bro?

we're not whining. we know its a free app. its just that the word came from them, not us.
    03-20-12 02:55 PM
    Are they hand reading and replying? I filled this out earlier this morning and have not had any response.
    03-20-12 02:56 PM
    Are they hand reading and replying? I filled this out earlier this morning and have not had any response.
    Likewise, seems that anything that has anything to do with RIM is slow
    03-20-12 02:59 PM
    My God, people will whine about anything.

nobody's whining.

Its just that we waited all this time and NOTHING works.
    03-20-12 03:00 PM
    USEXY

i highly doubt this is PG-13, its showing up on my playbook. Different country different regulations?
    03-20-12 03:02 PM

help with zinio

I big F*** off from RIM
    PG-13! Okay, how about PG-60+!!!!!

That is truly absurd. Next they will remove movies from my pb because they contain adult content and I'm talking Girl with Dragon Tatoo!!!!

I did just seek a refund for my FREE signup bonus. Let's see what happens.
    03-20-12 03:06 PM
447 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD