I havent come across any bugs yet, though I have never used this app on another device.
    I downloaded PC Authority (Australian magazine) and have no issues.
    I purchased a single issue so I am hoping that that is ALL i have purchased (through the app, not on my pc) as I have read people saying they are recurrent purchases?
    Whilst the Playbook is small for viewing a magazine that is printed in A4 size, it is still a pleasure to read and I dont mind zooming in now and again to read small text (in portrait mode).
    Sometimes there is a slight delay when scrolling around though usually if there is alot of graphics on screen.
    So far its a +ve experience for me.
    aminrajabi likes this.
    03-20-12 03:12 AM
    This is not a true PlayBook app. Looks like Android modified to run on a PlayBook.

Very disappointing.

The PlayBook request form is still active.
    Last edited by EdS817; 03-20-12 at 03:45 AM.
    03-20-12 03:40 AM
    Sideloaded and have had no issues.
    I have 3.2.0.35 side loaded, but it won't work offline, it's not much better than the Kindle Cloud Reader. Every time I start it up, I have to login/register the device.

Am I doing something wrong?
    03-20-12 03:55 AM
    Seems not all mags are available yet as mentioned before. Only about a 4th of the photography mags listed on the zinio site are ready for pb. Problem is, none of the subscriptions I have are ready yet. But still thrilled the app is here, I'm sure more will be available soon.
    03-20-12 04:12 AM
    can't wait to give it a big LIKE! hope more decent apps coming to PlayBook!
    03-20-12 04:12 AM
    This is not a true PlayBook app. Looks like Android modified to run on a PlayBook.

Very disappointing.
    What do you base this on?
    03-20-12 05:24 AM
    I don't understand. It says that it is available to download.
    BUT

when I am ready to download it, it says that my playbook is not compatible for the app??????????

Well.. What can i say?
    03-20-12 05:27 AM
    Yup, my Maxim mags not there. Big let down.
    03-20-12 05:48 AM
    What f***ing rubbish! Inside the app in ordered the Maxim subscription to only have it limited to other devices. I'm also only seeing one of my national geographic magazines, and I'm more than certain they have previous months that are non interactive. Zinio, you're getting one disappointed customer laying down hurt tomorrow.
    I noticed the same thing rather than post a rant read the help section in the app, "Where are my back issues?"

As far as Maxim goes complain to the publisher and Zinio, they don't read the forums.
    03-20-12 05:54 AM
    Started using Zinio last year Sept on an iPad. All my previous mags are available for download no issues. Also mature content available for purchase.
    I've been using it on an iPad for about a year. How did you get your back issues to download? One of my 2 subscriptions showed up right away (the current issue) and my other is due for a new issue any day now. I see no option to go back and download previous issues, though. I'm pretty happy but wish they could enlarge the portrait mode. One step at a time I guess!
    03-20-12 06:14 AM
    Anyone look at Zinio vs. purchasing magazines on the Kindle app? Is pricing comparable?
    03-20-12 06:57 AM
    I've never used this service before but by looking at how huge of a company they seem to be i'm sure they will address all these issues within a reasonable time frame, I don't think there is a need to get upset just yet
    03-20-12 07:06 AM
    Anyone look at Zinio vs. purchasing magazines on the Kindle app? Is pricing comparable?

My HighTimes subscription thru Zinio is the same $29.99 that Amazon charges but Zinio gives me 13 issues and Amazon would give me 12 issues. 1 point for Zinio
    03-20-12 07:06 AM
    TOMCAT DEMANDS AN EXPLANATION FOR THIS BUL**HIT!!!
    lol,, fake rage, always good.

But seriously. i signed up to the thing, for the notification of when it was released, and yet i found out from crackberry. no email from Zinio.
    Also someone said something about a $25 voucher of something, i never saw anything official from Zinio about that, whats up with that?

and yeah, Zinio looks PIMP! but i wont be buying anything just yet until i find out about that $25 voucher :P
    03-20-12 07:13 AM
    'Zinio for PlayBook is Now Here!

You asked for it and Zinio delivered! Visit BlackBerry App World and download the Zinio app today and choose from over 5,000 magazines in 33 different languages.

To celebrate our launch, we are offering the current issue of Elle and Esquire free of charge to all PlayBook users. Download the app and find them in your library!

Plus get a $5 credit when you register by March 31, 2012. (Credit will be sent via email within 48 hours of registering).

Discover new favorites and enjoy them anytime, anywhere right at your fingertips.

Download the app from BlackBerry App World >>

Have a great read!'

I base in UK, just received this email from Zinio, but when I log on to the app, i cannot find the free magazine no I don't know where the credits are. Any idea?
    03-20-12 07:14 AM
    I've been waiting for this app because I am moving to electronic magazines (very happy with the ones on my Kindle but I only put things on there that don't require color and photos). Does anyone know, if I subscribe to something via the Playbook, will I be able to get into it on the PC also? Unlike you wild children with your adult content, I tend to subscribe to either political magazines, or (yikes) knitting magazines from which I might want to print something now and then, and that'd be something I'd do on the PC.
    03-20-12 07:16 AM
    I've been using it on an iPad for about a year. How did you get your back issues to download? One of my 2 subscriptions showed up right away (the current issue) and my other is due for a new issue any day now. I see no option to go back and download previous issues, though. I'm pretty happy but wish they could enlarge the portrait mode. One step at a time I guess!
    Nothing, it was all there available for download when I logged in the first time
    GH440 likes this.
    03-20-12 07:25 AM
    I downloaded the free magazine Revolution on the desktop.. fine.

Opened Zinio on my playbook there it was ready to download.. now it seems to get stuck downloading at 95% and wont go any further. I have tried closing app and opening gain but still gets stuck at about 95%.

Sad times..
    03-20-12 07:30 AM
    Double post
    03-20-12 07:31 AM
    I've been waiting for this app because I am moving to electronic magazines (very happy with the ones on my Kindle but I only put things on there that don't require color and photos). Does anyone know, if I subscribe to something via the Playbook, will I be able to get into it on the PC also? Unlike you wild children with your adult content, I tend to subscribe to either political magazines, or (yikes) knitting magazines from which I might want to print something now and then, and that'd be something I'd do on the PC.
    You login via the website Zinio - The World's Largest Newsstand and then you can read any of your magazines through your browser.
    03-20-12 07:32 AM
    This app appears to be a glorified PDF reader, with limited functionality and interactivity. Pinch to zoom and swiping in the magazine pane, and swiping only when navigating through the thumbnailed pages. Only benefit I see is it being a digital copy of a magazine, rather than carrying one around. IMO they could do significantly more with this app, other than render a pdf (or similar).
    03-20-12 07:38 AM
    Why is there no Paypal or in-app payment with Blackberry ID or something?
    03-20-12 07:55 AM
    I completely agree with what sith has to say. In fact I came here to say that. The app is disappointing to say the least especially after having waited for so long. Panning is ridiculously jerky, flicking between pages is hopeless. Just take a look at the zinio app for ios, and compare it with the playbook app. Are we *expected * to have low standards, be content with whatever is thrown our way? Or am I to believe that the playbook hardware just can't do any better? And why do I have to be connected to wifi to even read a magazine that has already been purchased and downloaded? I was planning to splurge on new subscriptions today but I'm glad I purchased a single issue first. Won't be buying any more stuff.

I'm curious though, why does it look like people are happy with the app? Am I the only one seeing these problems, or is it just irrelevant to most people? The app seems to have positive reviews on the app world too

Edit : wifi not necessarily for reading.
    Last edited by harshalbid271; 03-20-12 at 08:16 AM.
    03-20-12 08:00 AM
    Bought a mountain biking magazine, "Bike", the format wasn't the greatest on the PlayBook...
    Somewhat hard to read, small font.
    03-20-12 08:03 AM
    my mag wont complete its download process. always seem to stop at 75%
    03-20-12 08:06 AM
447 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD