I haven't really used Zinio much since it came out, save for a subscription to Harvard Business Review. My girlfriend hasn't used it at all. When it first came out I checked to see if her two most read magazines were there, Women's Health and Runner's World. They were not.

I decided to snoop around again last weekend and discovered that both of those magazines are in there and it seems like they have added quite a bit of other new titles as well. Worth a second look me thinks.
    Produktyf likes this.
    10-19-12 07:51 PM
    But they stopped making National Geographic available for PlayBook ;-( The latest issue I can download on PB is June or July's. It shows up fine on iPad and others.
    10-19-12 11:58 PM
    I, too, was somewhat peeved at the decision to drop National Geographic from the Playbook. I subscribed through Zinio because I could read it on my Playbook. However, the irony is that you can read it just fine using the Playbook browser. Just go to the website and log in to your Library. After all, the Playbook is fully compatible with Adobe Air. The downside is that you need a wifi connection.
    10-20-12 09:20 AM
    I love this application. Me and my wife both have multiple subscriptions and it's fun when they just land in your living room.
    dusdal likes this.
    10-20-12 10:54 AM
    I loved it, but my only subscription was national geographic. The cheeky sods knew it was a playbook and shouldnt have took the subscription if they were dropping it from the playbook. Customer service is awful too
    10-20-12 11:14 AM
    Might I suggest Hockey News and Recoil. They may not be the Harvard Business thing but they are very enjoyable.
    dusdal likes this.
    10-20-12 11:16 AM
    But they stopped making National Geographic available for PlayBook ;-( The latest issue I can download on PB is June or July's. It shows up fine on iPad and others.
    Hi I'm not sure when this happened but this week I decided to wipe my PB and start fresh. To make a long story short I was installing my apps again from app world and noticed that it showed the Zinio app as uninstalled so I reinstalled it and when I opened the Zinio app I now have access to my National Geographic subscription and all active content worked which is the reason I was given by Zinio support for the subscription being unavailable . As a side note I side loaded the android app after wiping the PB but it did not work so I deleted it. Installed version is 1.0.16
    Attached Thumbnails Zinio - New Content.-img_00000010.jpg  
    dusdal and djdnz like this.
    10-20-12 11:40 AM
    Thanks for the tip, I stopped getting Nat Geo on the playbook since June I think. I will try a re-install of the app when I get home to see if it fixes it
    10-20-12 02:55 PM
    @solticegt1
    This is great news! Hopefully everyone who lost their National Geographic sub. reads this thread!
    10-20-12 06:22 PM
    I think you can also go in the website and read your subscriptions there. And guess which tablet has the strongest browser...
    10-20-12 10:02 PM
    I'm not so lucky... I deleted zinio and reinstalled it and I still do not see National Geographic. The last issue I received was way back in June.
    10-21-12 01:51 AM
    I'm not so lucky... I deleted zinio and reinstalled it and I still do not see National Geographic. The last issue I received was way back in June.
    Have you tried selecting Edit then Restore option from the top right menu.
    10-21-12 07:14 AM
    Have you tried selecting Edit then Restore option from the top right menu.
    Yes, still nothing. I can download National Geographic issues I have downloaded previously before Zinio pulled it. The last issue I am able to get is from June 2012. Since then Zinio have pulled the magazine from the app including the online shop. I still get the subscription through my PC though.
    10-21-12 12:30 PM
    Yes, still nothing. I can download National Geographic issues I have downloaded previously before Zinio pulled it. The last issue I am able to get is from June 2012. Since then Zinio have pulled the magazine from the app including the online shop. I still get the subscription through my PC though.
    Sorry that it's not working for you. The only thing that I did different was I did a security wipe ,the Zinio app installed with the OS update. When I was reinstalling my apps from app world I noticed that it showed the Zinio app was in the uninstalled list but did not install it at first. I then side loaded some android apps one of which was the android Zinio app. It did not work so I deleted it. A couple of days later I was reinstalling the last of my apps from app world and decided to reinstall the native Zinio app over the existing app. I then went and re added my subscriptions to the app. So it could have been either installing the android app or the security wipe. Hope this helps.
    10-21-12 06:04 PM
    PC World, which had disappeared for me, has now returned!!!!
    10-23-12 04:23 PM