Wonder if they are getting the "SHAPEdown" from RIM too on the approval!
    I don't think so. RIM showed an alpha/preview of the App at an event that they held, in the early days RIGHT after release so I'm pretty sure RIM wants this App out as much as anyone else.
    08-18-11 11:46 AM
    I don't think so. RIM showed an alpha/preview of the App at an event that they held, in the early days RIGHT after release so I'm pretty sure RIM wants this App out as much as anyone else.
    Just as RIM continues to show logos for MSN and Skype on their official web pages along with pictures of the apps in the marketplace during their initial press releases. And we all know how those turned out.
    08-18-11 01:53 PM
    I received a tweet from Zinio this afternoon: "Playbook app is still in QA, stay tuned for it later this year"
    08-22-11 10:56 AM
    Later this year? Must be a high priority project for Zinio
    08-22-11 12:44 PM
    I would happily pay for this app if/when it arrives. I think the Zinio app would be one of the selling features for the Playbook. They've released an Android app, and put out an all-new iPad app, so I hope they can put some focus on the Playbook now.
    08-22-11 08:21 PM
    The app will be free the magazines will cost money.
    08-22-11 08:25 PM
    The weirdest thing about this being in Zinio QA so long is that the entire PC version of Zinio is written in Adobe Air so there should have been not much work required to port it to the PB.
    08-22-11 08:33 PM
    I would happily pay for this app if/when it arrives. I think the Zinio app would be one of the selling features for the Playbook. They've released an Android app, and put out an all-new iPad app, so I hope they can put some focus on the Playbook now.
    The should have more time now as on twitter they announced today that they are cancelling any work/development on the WebOS version. Maybe, that will free up more staff to speed up the Playbook version?
    08-22-11 09:20 PM
    The weirdest thing about this being in Zinio QA so long is that the entire PC version of Zinio is written in Adobe Air so there should have been not much work required to port it to the PB.
    One of the main reasons I dove into the Playbook world as an early adopter was the thought that I could look forward to a Zinio app shortly, given they already had the PC app in Air. Imagine my disappointment. I now have a couple months magazines piled up to read because reading on the PC isn't the most user friendly experience and using the PB browser is too difficult - it works, but only just, and only in landscape.
    08-23-11 08:32 AM
    any new info yet?
    Ratche101 likes this.
    09-13-11 03:00 AM
    any new info yet?
    Nothing new has appeared aside from the link to register for information - everything that I've seen on Twitter, press releases, and email communication, points to an app coming out closer to the end of the year. My gut reading on this is December is probably likely for it to come out. But that's just my personal opinion of the matter.
    09-14-11 12:11 PM
    Nothing new has appeared aside from the link to register for information - everything that I've seen on Twitter, press releases, and email communication, points to an app coming out closer to the end of the year. My gut reading on this is December is probably likely for it to come out. But that's just my personal opinion of the matter.
    Thanks for the update.
    09-14-11 04:40 PM
    Doesn't appear to be coming at all. it's been "real soon now", or "imminently", for months now. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Also, I found NO way to read directly at their site with the Playbook. That option just does not seem to exist. If I select one of my publications, it just tells me to download a reader.
    Real shame.
    09-29-11 09:29 PM
    Crazy that the Touchpad app will likely launch before the PlayBook one....
    10-03-11 01:47 AM
    Crazy that the Touchpad app will likely launch before the PlayBook one....
    That's interesting as shortly after the firesale on the Touchpad, Zinio twittered/tweeted (never get those right), that they had cancelled production of the Touchpad version of the app. Guess they figured out that it was worthwhile to them to complete their app for a dead OS. I'm suprised and disappointed that we are still waiting.
    10-03-11 10:22 AM
    November now and no sign of this app. Lame; I've really been looking forward to it.
    11-01-11 07:14 PM
    November now and no sign of this app. Lame; I've really been looking forward to it.
    I'm starting to wonder what's up with Zinio as well; especially since I've seen many tweets and FB postings inquiring about the Playbook version now go unanswered over this past month. Whereas two months ago, they were responded to with an indication that the app is progressing. Hopefully this doesn't mean anything in terms of the app being canceled.

As an aside, anyone who registered on the website that was put up for Zinio's Playbook app, have you received any contact? I haven't received anything to date. Again, that doesn't actually mean that much but I do find it somewhat disheartening that it seems any communication regarding a Playbook app has gotten very quiet.

I wonder what will end up coming first; PixelMags or Zinio
    11-01-11 08:30 PM
    It's a shame. It's one useful app that I would really like to see.
    Last edited by jhimmel; 11-01-11 at 10:54 PM.
    11-01-11 10:52 PM
    I guess I spoke to soon, I sent a twitter question to Zinio this evening and received a reply that directed me to the website to register for information. I suppose that's something that they responded
    11-02-11 01:06 AM
    unreal it just made it to the touchpad today.... what a joke
    11-02-11 03:23 AM
    It is disapointing I was hoping that it would be released soon especially as the Android App doesn't work on the Android Player... I suspect we might be waiting some time if its ever released at all...../
    11-02-11 03:43 AM
    I downloaded it this morning for my $99.00 tablet. The irony is not lost on me that a dead platform receives more developer support than the Playbook does. It's laughable in a sad sort of way. Oh well, maybe now that the WebOS version is done, the Playbook version will be next.
    11-02-11 10:27 AM
    Maybe RIM should buy WebOS license from HP and put out a WebOS player into the Playbook too since it seems to get more support than Tablet OS does. Of course they would want to put that in 2.0 too, and delay the whole delivery to "summer". Amazing, simply amazing!
    11-02-11 02:13 PM
    Why is it unreal..?
    Are you saying RIM sold more playbook than the touch pad...

Outside the crack berry world the playbook isn't what it is hyped up to be and there are more cheapo now defunct touchpad users than there are for playbook.
    11-02-11 04:07 PM
    wow bb.pl trolling in every single thread. keep it up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-11 04:41 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD