Was checking to see if there was any progress on Zinio for Playbook and Google brought up this.... A Playbook mag on Zinio that can't be viewed on a Playbook.

The Ultimate Guide to BlackBerry PlayBook Magazine Subscription, 1 Digital Issue| Zinio - The World's Largest Newsstand

WHERE IS ZINIO!!!
    12-28-11 05:37 PM
    id av said more ironic than insult.

although the logic is that the book probably has far less content than CB so they realised current owners would simply visit here

or maybe im just skeptical because a book `all about the playbook` cant even use a screenshot of how even OS1 actually looks. and thats before ya consider how much is rendered useless with the OS2 release lol
    12-28-11 05:44 PM
    Where the is Zinio? They have been saying they're 'working on it' for months. i emailed them recently and they just redirected me to this Form and they'll email me once the app is out. the problem is the form has been out there for months too. -_-
    12-28-11 06:34 PM
    Was checking to see if there was any progress on Zinio for Playbook and Google brought up this.... A Playbook mag on Zinio that can't be viewed on a Playbook.

The Ultimate Guide to BlackBerry PlayBook Magazine Subscription, 1 Digital Issue| Zinio - The World's Largest Newsstand

WHERE IS ZINIO!!!

You can view your Zinio magazines through the browser but I found it to be laggy and difficult to use. I hope the Zinio app is something like PressReader, that's a great app for viewing newspapers
    12-28-11 09:06 PM
    i think that alot of apps are waiting on OS2 to come out, and i think RIM was working with partners by letting them have the OS2 beta to build these apps. If you remeber DevCon alot of the apps that they were showing all said that they would release them when OS2 is out . or maybe im just being to optimistic lol
    12-29-11 11:35 AM
    Not only Zinio, but I'm hoping apps like FlipBoard and Pulse come out for the PB....those are great to use on my iPhone.

As for Zinio's webpage, it is slow, inconsistant and if you move to portrait orientation, it only takes up the top half of your screen making the web-based content useless to read. Oh well...Zinio, I've been a user for over a year, bought 5+ magazine subs, GET ME MY PB app...please...thanks that is all.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    12-29-11 01:30 PM
    Where the is Zinio? They have been saying they're 'working on it' for months. i emailed them recently and they just redirected me to this Form and they'll email me once the app is out. the problem is the form has been out there for months too. -_-
    Thanks for the link to the form. I'll throw every e-mail address I know at it

I've subscribed to Car & Driver (and more recently Esquire) on Zinio for years, and I've been patiently waiting for it on the PlayBook.

My hope: with all of the tablets moved to customers in the past couple of months, app publishers will be paying attention to the user-base on the Playbook. I'm intrigued, for instance, that while the Nook Color has done reasonably well, the Kindle Fire isn't performing anywhere NEAR expectations (according to reports, anyway, since Amazon isn't saying much).
    12-29-11 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD