I received an email from Zinio this monring, claiming to download the app from the Appworld and in celebration I would find a copy of Elle and Esquire magazines in the library after install. But they were NOT there. Any ideas? Anyone else get this email?
    03-20-12 12:32 PM
    yeah I got the email and they weren't there either. I deleted and re-downloaded and Elle was there, but not Esquire. Figured i would just give it some mroe time and hopefully it will show up.
    03-20-12 12:35 PM
    Thanks for the insight. If they are not there when I get home I will do the same (delete and re-download)
    03-20-12 12:56 PM
    I got the free Esquire and Elle but get error 2124 when trying to actually view them.

Edit: only get the error for Esquire
    03-20-12 01:15 PM
    I got the free Esquire and Elle but get error 2124 when trying to actually view them.

Same here.
    03-20-12 02:32 PM
    supposed to get a free 25$ credit within 48 hours for downloading the app on the playbook,
    03-20-12 02:35 PM
    Patients guys give email a week it will integrate, email support so they know the issues and I'm sure it will be fixed.
    03-20-12 02:37 PM
    reinstalled and Elle and Esquire show up but I cant view them either. I get a #1009 Error
    03-20-12 04:04 PM
    My mail was placed on the SPAM folder. Check if your spam folder has this mail subject: "Zinio for PlayBook is Now Here. Celebrate with free reads from Zinio!"
    03-20-12 10:40 PM

I tweeted Zinio with respect to the 2124 error issue. They were quite speedy with their response, and requested that I DM them with my email contact, as well as the name of another magazine that I would like. I made my request, but presently I still have not heard back. Regardless, good for them to attempt to quickly rectify the problem. I believe that emailing Zinio CS with the same information should help you. Too bad the QC of the magazine content was not verified...

I'm pretty sure I read that someone did similar in the other Zinio thread.
    03-21-12 10:14 AM
    I tweeted Zinio with respect to the 2124 error issue. They were quite speedy with their response, and requested that I DM them with my email contact, as well as the name of another magazine that I would like. I made my request, but presently I still have not heard back. Regardless, good for them to attempt to quickly rectify the problem. I believe that emailing Zinio CS with the same information should help you. Too bad the QC of the magazine content was not verified...

I'm pretty sure I read that someone did similar in the other Zinio thread.
    that was me, same exact situation. still have not heard back
    03-21-12 12:33 PM
    For those with Error #1009 and #2124 I got this email from Zinio today.

I followed the steps (for the 1009 error) and it works!!! but it loads kinda slow:

The following are the most common problems users are experiencing with the Playbook app, including solutions for errors 2124 and 1009.

Having trouble downloading issues or experiencing "Error 1009"?
    Please do the following:

1. Go to your Playbook's settings and select Security > Application Permissions > Zinio

2. Switch the selection to "Allow".

3. Return to the Zinio App and attempt to download one of your issues, it should start working(Some users may need to sign out and sign back in to their Zinio account).

Having trouble completing the download of a specific issue or receiving "Error 2124"?
    Please do the following in the Zinio App:

1. Tap "edit" in the top toolbar of the Read page, and tap the "Remove" button.

2. Delete the file by tapping the "X" and confirming your choice to "Remove issue from device". The publication file will be deleted, and the cover thumbnail will be removed from your library.

3. To restore the issue, select “Restore” from the "Edit" menu in the upper right. Click the arrow that appears in the center of the thumbnail. The issue will be restored to your library view, and you’ll be able to download it again.
    uzmarvel likes this.
    03-21-12 02:04 PM
    My mail was placed on the SPAM folder. Check if your spam folder has this mail subject: "Zinio for PlayBook is Now Here. Celebrate with free reads from Zinio!"
    My email from them was in the trash, found it today: However there were no Elle or Esquire, I deleted the app and reinstalled and then they appeared., This was what was in the the mail from yesterday:

Zinio for PlayBook is Now Here!

You asked for it and Zinio delivered! Visit BlackBerry App World and download the Zinio app today and choose from over 5,000 magazines in 33 different languages.

To celebrate our launch, we are offering the current issue of Elle and Esquire free of charge to all PlayBook users. Download the app and find them in your library!

Plus get a $5 credit when you register by March 31, 2012. (Credit will be sent via email within 48 hours of registering).
    03-21-12 02:06 PM
    that was me, same exact situation. still have not heard back
    I just heard back from Zinio via email roughly 30 min ago.

I was pretty excited to see the email subject, "Your magazine titler digital issue of magazine title is here!"

So, as it turns out, they did in fact send a "replacement" magazine of my choice. What's great, is that they do not seem to have a price restriction on the magazine, as the one that I requested was roughly $3-4 more expensive than the issue of Esquire.

Here's hoping that it will open on my PlayBook; it had the RIM logo in the description.
    03-21-12 02:19 PM
    they restricted mine! instead he gave me two issues of maxim

i originally wanted digital arts
    jononku likes this.
    03-21-12 03:29 PM

Click to view quoted image
    Were you able to open those two maxim mags on your playbook? They told me maxim was blocked due to it being pg-13.
    03-21-12 09:42 PM

Hmm, interesting. Well, at least they managed to compensate you with TWO issues, rather than just the one.

Sorry that you didn't have the same luck that I had.
    03-22-12 02:32 PM
    I downloaded the app entered my email to subscribe and now my email is being used to send mass emails this sucks big time, deleted and now got to change my email password this is ridiculous. Freaking spammers
    03-22-12 05:07 PM
    Were you able to open those two maxim mags on your playbook? They told me maxim was blocked due to it being pg-13.
    no, i wasnt able to
    03-22-12 05:30 PM
    Hmm, interesting. Well, at least they managed to compensate you with TWO issues, rather than just the one.

Sorry that you didn't have the same luck that I had.
    i know this is a very unmanly thing to say but...I dont WANT the Maxim magazines. I really wanted that Digital Arts magazine. i plan on subscribing to it but i want to see how it looks on the playbook first...

disclaimer. i have a beautiful woman at home. if i want to check out hot, barely dressed women, ill just go home and ask her to undress or partially undress lol
    03-22-12 05:32 PM
    i emailed back and told em maxim wouldnt work on my device and that i just wanted digital arts and he didnt even respond

instead i got an email that digital arts was in my library...

NICE!
    03-22-12 06:18 PM
    i got 5? of zinio bucks in a email today....what happened to the 25$?
    03-22-12 06:52 PM
    I also got a $5 code from them instead of $25. I researched around a bit, and came across a post by someone from Zinio directing Playbook users to this site to get their $25 code:

Zinio Blackberry PlayBook Release Updates

Hopefully, it works - I just filled it out today myself.

Edit: Source of the info above: http://crackberry.com/zinio-now-avai...berry-playbook (see the comments section for a post by jeanniey)
    Last edited by robkd; 03-24-12 at 11:20 AM.
    03-24-12 11:17 AM
    I also got a $5 code from them instead of $25. I researched around a bit, and came across a post by someone from Zinio directing Playbook users to this site to get their $25 code:

Zinio Blackberry PlayBook Release Updates

Hopefully, it works - I just filled it out today myself.

Edit: Source of the info above: http://crackberry.com/zinio-now-avai...berry-playbook (see the comments section for a post by jeanniey)
    I visited and submitted to that site days ago (accidently with one email address not attached to zinio) and then with my zinio-associated email and still NO coupon. Neither $5 nor $25.
    03-24-12 11:59 AM
    Check your spam folder - I just got mine there now! It's titled, "Thank you for registering with Zinio. Here is your $25 Zinio voucher"
    03-24-12 01:09 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD