So just checked to see if link was active (zinio.com/playbook) where you could sign up for release updates and it is dead.

So has the application been shelved or is it part of the immanent release of OS 2.0?
    02-15-12 11:17 PM
    I believe it's the latter because the BB blog a beta version of Zinio and it looked pretty far along.
    02-15-12 11:51 PM
    I believe PlayBook users were also getting Zinio credit as well.
    02-16-12 12:25 AM
    Yes but the sign up link she mentioned www.zinio.com/playbook for the $25 credit dosnt work for me. I get server error, anyone else?
    02-16-12 04:06 AM
    It likely won't be live until after 2.0 releases.
    02-16-12 08:39 AM
    Yes but the sign up link she mentioned www.zinio.com/playbook for the $25 credit dosnt work for me. I get server error, anyone else?
    It likely won't be live until after 2.0 releases.
    The form should be live now, but the U.S. government has decided to get the jotform.com / jotform.net domains suspended due to some objectionable user created content on the site.

It's looking more and more like prudent Internet businesses will want to A) not register domains with GoDaddy and B) possibly not locate themselves within the U.S. I suppose that second point is good for us here in Canada.
    Last edited by yllus; 02-16-12 at 08:58 AM.
    02-16-12 08:55 AM
    I hope the fact that I already have a Zinio account does not cause me to miss out on the credit!
    02-16-12 11:58 AM
    I'm pretty sure they have held back release of the app in anticipation of the OS2.0 launch.
    02-16-12 05:20 PM
    I'm pretty sure they have held back release of the app in anticipation of the OS2.0 launch.
    I'd buy that; I don't think it will be built in.

REALLY looking forward to it, especially since I can renew my Car and Driver subscription with the credit.
    02-16-12 05:29 PM
    Link works fine for me.....
    02-19-12 05:30 AM
    Been looking forward to zinio forever. Anyway, I doubt it would be part of OS 2.0. Part of the launch, maybe. I'm guessing the app is just held back till OS 2.0 officially hits. Finally can enjoy my mags on my playbook then.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-19-12 05:46 AM
    I remember a while back there was a "RIM" logo appeared on the Zinio Website for Wired I think, just noticed the same against GQ Magazine, hopefully a good sign!
    02-19-12 07:34 AM
    Yes but the sign up link she mentioned Form for the $25 credit dosnt work for me. I get server error, anyone else?
    It worked for me this morning to sign up for bb release notification. Then took me to zinio.com
    02-19-12 08:00 AM
    I thought I heard it was built in with 2.0 but I could be wrong.
    02-19-12 08:53 AM
    I don't see it anywhere in the update. Am I missing something? I'm kind of pissed off
    Last edited by chi-town311; 02-21-12 at 07:46 AM.
    02-21-12 07:36 AM
    Nah. It not built into the 2.0 update. A seperate app. But its not in appworld yet. We'll just have to wait again. Arghh. Was kinda hoping zinio to be in the app store already. But well, 2.0 was still a nice update. Anyway, zinio haven't given any date. Coming with launch either built in or an app, was all just rumours. But having seen the app on demo during CES, I was kinda hoping it'll be launch with OS. 2.0. Apparently not. It shouldn't be far off. I hope.

02-21-12 08:47 AM
    I'm a bit disappointed its not included. But hopefully soon.
    02-21-12 09:07 AM
    Really pleased with the rest of os 2 but kind of gutted that Zinio isn't sorted yet. I travel heaps and that was one of the big benefits of the ipad, no lugging around magazines on the plane, train etc. Realise not RIMs fault.
    02-21-12 03:03 PM
    Reading their Twitter feed would suggest that its in the final part of being released so probably waiting for RIM to press a button somewhere
    02-21-12 04:07 PM
    I was looking forward to zinio with OS 2 launch. But a little sad to discover it wasn't out yet. I stopped reading from zinio desktop reader months ago. Just waiting for playbook app. But oh well, hopefully they'll release it in a week or 2. My. Playbook refused to be charged and is now in the service centre.

02-22-12 06:45 AM
    a few more weeks and we should see it. I got a converted copy of the Kindle app for my playbook and I'm loving it. I just downloaded 2 of my subscriptions to it and they work lovely. The only thing is that I wanted to subscribe to wired magazine and GQ magazine and I cannot find anyone to convert them for me.
    03-02-12 11:02 PM
    I am really excited for this app. I was hoping it would have been out by now but I can wait a bit. I hope to see it in the next week or two. The credit makes it more exciting. Looking it over, I have been impressed with the pricing.

The only thing that could make it better if I could get all of my old mags loaded on for free. They only go back to '86. Lol. My wife will love this app. She asked if that meant that she could get rid off all my old mags. NO she can't.

James
    03-03-12 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD