So there was a front page post about this a couple weeks ago and I havent seen anything since. They said Mid-March... well... by my math that is NOW.

So two questions:

1: Does anyone know when this is happening, or any more info?

2: What will you be getting with the $25?

Are there any really good tech/gadget mags?
    03-12-12 10:28 AM
    Im also waiting on this app.

I think this would be great for the Playbook and attract even more people!

Good Tech Mag: WIRED
    ljo01 likes this.
    03-12-12 10:37 AM
    No, no official release date. However, you can sign up here for updates.
    03-12-12 10:43 AM
    This one's kind of a big deal.

I'm eagerly awaiting this one, too. I've had Zinio magazine subscriptions for years (not having stray copies of Car & Driver littering the house has probably saved me years of marriage counselling).

We've seen it repeatedly, I'm sure it's coming soon...
    03-12-12 10:43 AM
    I have to check it out though bc someone posted this link in the comments of that article

Rogers Magazine Subscriptions - Subscribe to Bestselling Canadian Magazines and American Publications

and you can apparently get actual paper mags for pretty damn cheap.

On zinio WIRED is about $50 and on that site it is $30!!!

Plus, if you are a rogers subscriber you can get some for even less!

I will check this out and let you know if it is legit... or if someone else actually uses it please let us know.
    03-12-12 10:55 AM
    I was just thinking about Zinio today as well! Really looking forward to it!
    03-12-12 11:06 AM
    ^ check out the rogers magazine link.

it is pretty damn cheap. beats zinio almost all the time, but the selection is a lot thinner
    03-12-12 01:27 PM
    Both Zinio and Pixelmag having been showing 'coming soon' for some time now! Which ever is first will get my money...
    03-12-12 02:37 PM
    Both Zinio and Pixelmag having been showing 'coming soon' for some time now! Which ever is first will get my money...
    even if zinio offers $25 credit, which they said they would on the website
    03-13-12 08:54 AM
    everyday, i'm hoping to find an email amongst my inbox from zinio, telling me the app for playbook is out, with a gift code for $25. Mid march is upon us. Their webstore has already updated BlackBerry as supported on all their magazines. Can't wait. My library is already full of unread mags.

The thing about pixelmags is their lack of automotive titles, like top gear & evo. Pixelmags But they do have some interesting titles too. so i'll probably give it a try too.
    03-13-12 11:33 AM
    I have to check it out though bc someone posted this link in the comments of that article

Rogers Magazine Subscriptions - Subscribe to Bestselling Canadian Magazines and American Publications

and you can apparently get actual paper mags for pretty damn cheap.

On zinio WIRED is about $50 and on that site it is $30!!!

Plus, if you are a rogers subscriber you can get some for even less!

I will check this out and let you know if it is legit... or if someone else actually uses it please let us know.
    In the US, you can get a 1 yr subscription to Wired Magazine plus another for only $9!!!

Its on the front page of Slickdeals Daily Deal and Giveaway if you're interested.

Magazine Subscriptions > Promo
    03-16-12 10:47 AM
    I'm looking forward to checking out as many Space mags as possible. :P
    03-16-12 12:11 PM
    I'm hoping this app will be released soon. Asked on twitter but didn't hear back from them.

James
    03-16-12 01:30 PM
    I figure we wont be getting this in the UK
    03-16-12 02:03 PM
    I'm hoping this app will be released soon. Asked on twitter but didn't hear back from them.

James
    with the amount of people asking them daily, i would imagine its getting hard to reply everyone. hahaha. just search "zinio playbook" in twitter. you'll see. hhaha.
    03-16-12 02:20 PM
    ^ check out the rogers magazine link.

it is pretty damn cheap. beats zinio almost all the time, but the selection is a lot thinner
    i'd give Zinio $50 any old day of the week before giving Rogers a cent but that's just me
    03-16-12 02:47 PM
    We're all waiting for this app to be released. Seeing as how the app is based on the same platform as most of the Playbook apps, you would think that this would have been a no brainer and released a year ago. I hate to be a spoil sport, but some of these developers have let me down. Until this release of the android player for the Playbook, why haven't they jumped all over this? I mean what's the worse that can happen; you make more money? That's a problem i wouldn't mind having. I really don't think Zinio is going to come through (I'm actually hoping they make me eat crow on this one). Its really not a hard build and not a a hard conversion. This should have been done by now. Yes people, i'm a little miffed by this whole process.
    carrickfergus likes this.
    03-17-12 05:48 AM
    the app was already showcased during ces, so i think it can't be that far off. my bet will be within this month. after I got the playbook and heard zinio was coming, I stopped buying magazines and signed up for a zinio account, and bought my magazines from them instead, intending to read it on my playbook. only that was more than 3 months ago..................

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-17-12 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD