I was browsing zinio.com and noticed something new under the compatible platforms. I am almost certain I never saw this before.

Hopefully the upload works. Otherwise check this link.

WIRED Magazine Subscription, 12 Digital Issues | Zinio - The World's Largest Newsstand
    11-23-11 11:37 PM
    Hopefully it's coming soon....especially when the dead Touchpad has it....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-11 01:20 AM
    Wow - you must have lucked out in your search to see one that has a "RIM" symbol on it. I just clicked through 25 different magazines and I can't find any other one that says RIM. Cool find and hopefully this means that things are moving in the right direction.
    11-24-11 01:41 AM
    Be good to see this and hopefully a good sign that its now showing up as a supported platform on their site, and as much as Wired seems like it should be iWired its probably one of their biggest sellers so would be one of the first to be offered for sale/download on any new platform.
    11-24-11 02:57 AM
    Does this issue already work on the playbook or is it just a sort of "future considerations"?
    11-26-11 01:38 PM
    Does this issue already work on the playbook or is it just a sort of "future considerations"?
    Future consideration, no app yet.
    11-26-11 03:01 PM
    12-26-11 02:25 PM
    A couple updates:

Zinio deleted the RIM logo from Wired magazine in their store, but they claim on a facebook post that "Zinio: The app is in final QA. Thanks for your patience. It won’t be much longer!"

Not sure what the time-frame is, but it sounds like they are still planning on releasing it.

Hopefully, with the delays, they have made it a native app and it will be pretty solid.
    12-27-11 04:50 PM
    Zinio has been saying "its coming soon" since March of 2011. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    12-27-11 05:04 PM
    I'd hope that seeing the RIM logo on some mags (fair enough removed from WIRED) indicates that it is indeed close to release.
    Seems to me that they've perhaps been testing the site to check that the logo actually appears when triggered.
    Its not like its for any other RIM device aside from the PB!!
    12-27-11 05:11 PM
    I have it on advice that the Playbook App has been sumbitted to QA. It seems like this is the second time it has been in QA. The process is expected to complete within 60 days or less. I heard this the day before Christmas.
    01-08-12 10:26 PM
    Well Zinio is mentioned in the Press Release about the OS 2.0 reveal at CES today, hopefully we will see it in the flesh!!!!!
    01-09-12 11:45 AM
    Zinio has been saying "its coming soon" since March of 2011. I'll believe it when I see it.
    It's like the boy who cried wolf!
    01-09-12 11:54 AM
    Has there been anything shown of Zinio on Playbook? Noticed Zinio tweeted that Zinio was being showcased at CES by RIM(among others)

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    01-11-12 04:31 PM
    W - o - l - f ! ! ! !
    defiantpunk likes this.
    01-11-12 04:32 PM
    I saw the Zinio app on one of the PB's in the video demo's (amongst all of the videos); it definitely exists; we'll just have to wait for the CrackBerry folks to get their hands on a demo...
    01-11-12 05:48 PM
    If your keeping up with twitter; this just came across: Twitter

Oh, I'm not sure how to link directly to an individual tweet message so you may have to scroll down a bit to see what she wrote. In any event, Jeanniey Mullen, Global EVP & CMO of Zinio indicated that she just did an interview with Luke Reimer, Social Media Marketer for RIM, regarding the upcoming Zinio app.

I haven't figure out where the interview is but will post if I do.
    01-12-12 07:16 PM
    Hands-on with BlackBerry Playbook 2.0 software - YouTube

Start the video at 14:50 and he shows + opens the Zinio app!
    greatwiseone likes this.
    01-12-12 08:06 PM
    01-12-12 09:52 PM
    Yeah.You can see the app launch and the log-in screen Hope it comes soon!
    01-13-12 12:59 AM
    Anyone hear anymore chatter with regards to this application release date?

I have a trip on the 16th and would really like this application with all my subscriptions loaded so I can catch up on them.

Oh and RIM the rumoured release date for OS2.0 of the 17th isn't really working for me either. It would be nice if you released it earlier so I could have a fully functional tested PlayBook to help endure the 9 hour flight.

Movie store up here in your homeland of Canada would be nice too. (Not really sure why our friends to the south get it first (larger market, duh!))

Done with my rant.
    02-04-12 12:15 PM

I have a trip on the 16th and would really like this application with all my subscriptions loaded so I can catch up on them.

Oh and RIM the rumoured release date for OS2.0 of the 17th isn't really working for me either. It would be nice if you released it earlier so I could have a fully functional tested PlayBook to help endure the 9 hour flight.

Movie store up here in your homeland of Canada would be nice too. (Not really sure why our friends to the south get it first (larger market, duh!))

Done with my rant.
    I'm a bit cranky with the whole thing with Zinio (I've had several subscriptions with them over the years). Not only are we supposed to get an app, we're supposed to get a $25 credit to buy subs, too.

Guessing it will drop with 2.0...
    02-04-12 06:06 PM

Done with my rant.
    I hear you, bro. I have a 14hr flight on Feb 26th! Hoping for Zinio by then.
    02-04-12 06:37 PM
    I'm actually wondering if Zinio might come pre-loaded on OS 2.0 a bit like Press Reader is (or at least is meant to be!)
    02-05-12 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD