Shortly after I updated my PB to 2.1.0.1526, I noticed that the YouVersion Bible app would give me a "No Network" error. I contacted YouVersion support, and Christina advised me to uninstall, restart my PB then reinstall YouVersion from BlackBerry World. Nice thing is that Christina is a PB user herself but unfortunately that did not solve the problem. I was bummed but today I just received the following response from YouVersion:

YouVersion Bible app crashed After last OS Update-response.jpg

I'll post again after I load the update - hopefully next week.
    02-26-13 04:10 PM
    Great Bible app. Got it on my PlayBook and also my Z10 too. Thankfully not had any issues with it on both platforms. : )

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10

Meant to say hope you get it sorted out soon so you can use it again.
    02-26-13 04:13 PM
    Christena is awesome, and a true BB fan.

Hope you get it sorted out.
    02-26-13 04:26 PM
    Are you using the version posted by lifechurch.tv or the one posted by handster? I haven't had any issues with it after the latest pb updates.
    02-27-13 03:11 PM
    I have the LifeChurch.tv version. Just updated to the new 1.0.0.3 version and get a new error. "an Internet connection is required the first time through Bible app is opened". But I noticed something a few days ago when I launched a twitter sideloaded app. Any time I follow a link I get a "no network connection" error, but the browser is successfully loaded whether I tap "ok" or not. Maybe this is related.

Anyone know?
    03-20-13 09:09 PM
    Just upgraded to Z10 from BB Curve, and am having issues with Youversion also. Getting the message "internet connection required etc etc". Even hooked up Z10 to my laptop, same message... Deleted app, powered down and back up, reinstalled, same message. Any ideas?
    06-02-13 01:39 PM
    Just wanted to pass this on to everyone who sees this. The latest update has a bug that wasn't seen in beta testing, that's why you are getting the errors about needing to be connected. PlayBooks should see an update soon (within a few days, as there was an update sent out), and I have great news for Z10/Q10 owners! The developer is working on a native app right now! I have beta tested it and it works really well. That being said, there are things that need to be tweaked, and added, so it is going to be a bit before the native app comes to BB World. For now, you can use the mobile site on your phones! It works quite well (I've used it on my Z10). Check it out, at http://m.youversion.com (PlayBook users can use this too, but make sure to turn your PlayBook horizontally for better navigation). I hope that helps anyone that comes here (and I will put it in my Z10 to come here and let you all know when the native app is available).

Christena
    YouVersion Volunteer User Advocate
    BlackBerry Team Leader
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    06-17-13 06:57 PM
    Just wanted to pass this on to everyone who sees this. The latest update has a bug that wasn't seen in beta testing, that's why you are getting the errors about needing to be connected. PlayBooks should see an update soon (within a few days, as there was an update sent out), and I have great news for Z10/Q10 owners! The developer is working on a native app right now! I have beta tested it and it works really well. That being said, there are things that need to be tweaked, and added, so it is going to be a bit before the native app comes to BB World. For now, you can use the mobile site on your phones! It works quite well (I've used it on my Z10). Check it out, at http://m.youversion.com (PlayBook users can use this too, but make sure to turn your PlayBook horizontally for better navigation). I hope that helps anyone that comes here (and I will put it in my Z10 to come here and let you all know when the native app is available).

Christena
    YouVersion Volunteer User Advocate
    BlackBerry Team Leader
    Hi Christena73,

any news of a native version coming to the PlayBook any tine soon. the slight lag on the Android port compared to the native Z10 app has me frantic sometimes. sometimes speed is of the essence, esp during worship.

thanks much
    02-20-14 05:03 AM