YES!!!!! It's real!!!!

Free Bible - Download Bible - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Last edited by Theme; 03-14-12 at 03:07 PM.
    03-14-12 02:39 PM
    wooohooo!!!!!!! thank you. I was waiting for this even though I am using emmanuel, but I wouldn't mind having another bible app on my PlayBook. I am going to download this when I get home from work.
    03-14-12 02:57 PM
    Got it. Just initially tried it and it seems pretty cool.
    03-14-12 03:00 PM
    Got it a few days ago, it's pretty great. Not as many offline translations as emmanuel but still great. Love the "plans" feature in particular.
    03-14-12 04:11 PM
    huh?? I got it last week. Its version 1.0.0.1 for Playbook

- Charles
    03-14-12 07:22 PM
    I downloaded the YouVersion Bible app before it was removed from app world, does anyone know the difference in the two. Should I delete and reinstall or are they both android versions. The Bible app has worked great since I downloaded it.
    Edit; the versions numbers are different, I have the higher of the two downloaded on my playbook
    03-14-12 07:39 PM
    It looks like the current version has more features than the previous version. It's worth the reinstall.
    03-14-12 07:53 PM
    Thanks for the tip!

My current version is 3.9. It was side loaded a few weeks ago.

Now it is available in AppWorld - version 3.2.2.

Is the version from AppWorld a native PlayBook App? Or does it also run in Android framework?
    03-14-12 09:06 PM
    The version currently in app world is an Android one.
    Dim-Ize likes this.
    03-15-12 12:08 PM
    I love this Bible app on my BlackBerry 9850, I find it to be a little slow on the PlayBook though, especially when in poor wifi / tether coverage (even when I already have the bible version offline!). I hope this will improve and they will consider releasing a native version.
    03-15-12 01:03 PM
    Do somebody knows a way to save the verse you are reading and switch back and forth between the Playbook and the BB?
    Or do I have to bookmark it?
    03-15-12 01:58 PM
    Oh....my.....god......
    03-15-12 03:14 PM
    Do somebody knows a way to save the verse you are reading and switch back and forth between the Playbook and the BB?
    Or do I have to bookmark it?
    If it works the way I expect it too, bookmarking is your quickest option... tap and hold. You can also do the reverse to delete the bookmark.
    03-15-12 03:19 PM
    Thank you for your answer Lawrence
    03-16-12 11:08 AM
    Just to give you guys here a heads up: The YV in App World is a clear improvement over the other versions posted on Goodreads, etc. The App World version works a lot more smoothly and it even looks a bit better too.
    03-16-12 11:20 AM
    Lots of folks use YouVersion, and and I'm glad it's available for them for sure. On my 9000, then my 9800, I have been much happier with Olive Tree - free app, some translations free, others paid (frequent promos) - all maintained on your phone and in your account (can use on PC too). Enjoy switching translations/having all the features off line (well most - but key is have the entire Bible in the phone's files)

For the PlayBook : LOVE LOVE LOVE e-Mmanuel+ paid version - too many great things to even list. i combine e-Mmanuel+ with a bookmark to BlueLetterBible's website, and I have all I need to study/read/prepare for personal growth, and with Evernote, to clip/copy/make notes for two men's Bible studies I lead.
    03-16-12 11:33 AM
    I saw it on appworld last night but I did not have the option to download. Thought it might be because I had a side loaded version on. So I deleted it a d still did. Of have an option to download. Had to go back and side load again this morning for my daily reading plan. Any ideas why?
    03-16-12 12:00 PM
    Same here, it wont let me download and I also deleted the android version i had sideloaded.
    03-18-12 10:37 PM
    Try deleting the app, then going to the "My World" section of App World and clicking the button to refresh the list. Also, if it still doesn't work, restart your playbook between uninstalling and trying to install from App World.
    03-19-12 11:29 AM
    That worked. Thanks.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-19-12 11:58 AM
    I haven't had any version on my pb and I also don't have a download button in Appworld. Any other ideas?
    03-21-12 05:22 AM
    I haven't had any version on my pb and I also don't have a download button in Appworld. Any other ideas?
    Another person suggested a fix for me with the same issue. Go into appworld and click refresh list. As soon as I did the download button popped up. Try that.
    03-21-12 05:42 AM
    I downloaded the YouVersion Bible app before it was removed from app world, does anyone know the difference in the two. Should I delete and reinstall or are they both android versions. The Bible app has worked great since I downloaded it.
    Edit; the versions numbers are different, I have the higher of the two downloaded on my playbook
    I believe the first version was the Handster release, and we all know what happened to the Dolphin browser when Handster released it without permission from the owner/developers.
    03-21-12 06:26 AM
    I do volunteer for support for YouVersion. To get the download button, you will need to reset App World. Go into App World and bring up your keyboard. Tap r, then s, then t. Nothing happens (I have been suggesting restarting App World, but don't know for sure if that is necessary). Do a search for the Bible app, and you should have the download button (you may actually have reinstall, even though you have never installed it, weird but true). Install and enjoy!
    03-30-12 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD