Is there still a way to view YouTube videos in full screen? I can't seem to find a user agent on any of my browsers that will work any more.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 10:22 PM
    Any of the android browsers will work- Maxthon or Dolphin in App World, or sideload Tubemate.
    05-27-17 10:42 PM
    Fast Browser does this & is a native app in BlackBerry World for PlayBook. Does cost ₤1.50 though.
    05-28-17 03:25 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. Maxthon and Dolphin are both non-starters for me as I find their required permissions unacceptable. I would be willing to buy Fast Browser, but the latest user review is two years old. Has anyone tested this app for full screen YouTube lately? And what permissions does this app require?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 09:46 AM
    By the way, if anyone is looking for an excellent browser for the PlayBook that will work without giving any permissions, I recommend SimpleBrowser. As the name implies, it has a very simple interface, but the trade-off is a browser that is surprisingly snappy. Only wish it could play YouTube full screen.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 09:50 AM
    YouTube in Full Screen?-img_00000233.png

Yes, just tried it, works in Fast Browser, although you do still get the play/time bar at the bottom.
    Turn off the lightning bolt button, hit the full screen button & then swipe down from the top.
    I've tried to attach a screenshot, hope it comes through OK.
    EDIT: Just noticed there are two thin black bars down each side - you can just see them in the screenshot. Hardly noticeable but just so you are aware.

Agree about Simple Browser, use that mostly.
    Last edited by Bertie Bear; 05-29-17 at 03:54 AM.
    05-29-17 03:33 AM
    Thanks! Sounds good. If you don't mind, can you check the app permissions for this app?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-17 07:39 AM
    Thanks! Sounds good. If you don't mind, can you check the app permissions for this app?

Posted via CB10
    Checked App permissions in Settings & the only one showing is Files which I've denied anyway.
    Playing with the Fast Browser settings & Full Screen in YouTube only seems to work when User Agent is set to Safari iPad - but it does work & it is a native PlayBook app.
    No updates of course & not sure the developer is still around.
    05-29-17 11:56 AM
    Just installed it tonight. This will do the job. Your help is much appreciated. Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    05-29-17 08:54 PM
    Any links to install the apps ?
    05-18-22 12:32 AM
    Any links to install the apps ?
    I see you are on various threads looking for .bar links for the PlayBook. Here are several links (keep in mind many of these bars do not work anymore):

My Files

https://playbookbarfiles.com/

https://mega.nz/folder/ExZSRaoY#aoyFV9zfZWC6DmH8HNijZg

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ua7nwm1e9...kzOWsKMvnV-Q1a

Trial and error for all these - some work, many/most maybe not.
    05-18-22 10:03 AM