I thought the quality of built in apps on PB were supposed to be good. My biggest disappointment is with the Youtube app. I have tons of channels I subscribed to, favorites, etc. All I get after logging into Youtube account is an "upload" button. Am I missing something?

I expected at least IPhone Youtube application features...
    12-13-11 07:19 PM
    i agree the youtube app is very limited,its not like google is gonna build anything that has to do with a bb anyway but someone ,rim,dev whoever should do something i hope because the so called youtube app is lame sauce..i just use the browser for youtube for now.
    12-13-11 08:44 PM
    this is my biggest problem with the PB. the youtube app is horrible. Very buggy and the interface is difficult to use. Hope they polish it up with OS2. Not to bash too much, but I would probably have returned my PB if not for the flash support on the browser since thats how I use youtube now
    12-14-11 01:29 PM
    Is there any way to manage History on it?
    12-15-11 09:36 PM
    Playbook has full web browsing. There's no need to have a youtube app given it loads the site and videos almost as well as my pc, which is amazing.
    12-15-11 11:42 PM
    this is my biggest problem with the PB. the youtube app is horrible
    Surely not...

Playbook has full web browsing. There's no need to have a youtube app given it loads the site and videos almost as well as my pc, which is amazing.
    ^^^ This
    12-16-11 12:13 AM
    try permits
    12-16-11 12:26 AM
    cmon now, you cant say that using youtube in the browser is better than a well put together and running app. There wouldnt be a need for 50% of the apps if that were the case. Ex: weather, facebook, groupon, maps. Plus a youtube app uses much less data than loading an entire youtube page filled with ads
    Last edited by peteypistol; 12-16-11 at 12:59 AM.
    Trevante and junaid2pac like this.
    12-16-11 12:53 AM
    The Android YouTube app will work on OS2, but you won't be able to sign into your account. I strongly agree with peteypistol, a good YouTube app (like Android and iOS apps) is definitely needed on a mobile device. While the YouTube website does load well on the Playbook, it's still not as simple and refined as a good app would be.
    12-16-11 01:49 AM
    cmon now, you cant say that using youtube in the browser is better than a well put together and running app. There wouldnt be a need for 50% of the apps if that were the case. Ex: weather, facebook, groupon, maps. Plus a youtube app uses much less data than loading an entire youtube page filled with ads
    Depends on what you think is better. These "apps" are just stripped versions of these, designed to be easier to use, and most of the time are unnecessary as a mobile site is often available for these popular sites like facebook and twitter, and generally work the same as the app. Various features are missing from the mobile apps (i.e. you cant share other posts in Facebook apps. No real reason why as the link could appear alongside the like/comment buttons, but it doesnt), sometimes its not a bother, but in the case of how restrictive the Youtube app, I'll take the full site any day, a few more seconds of loading to get access to all my subscriptions, my personalized youtube page, etc is completeky worth it. And soon as more companies take better advantage of HTML 5, you won't really ever need the apps. Apps are still useful in some cases, like Netflix, as they use silverlight instead of flash for its web version, something that virtually no one users, but as web development improves and the cloud gets more powerful, we can ditch the apps.
    12-16-11 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD