There are so many threads about wanting applications. This is not going to work, we will need mass amounts of people to make them aware of WHO wants their application! So, just like the Skype thread we will all contact e-mail address's of developers! February 1st is the planned day to email them!

Here is the message:
    "Subject: BlackBerry Playbook"
    "Hello,
    Us PlayBook users are very disappointed, we have a wonderful platform yet such little developer support! I assure making an application for the PlayBook would not be a mistake, and we have many who would like to use your application. May I remind you that it is impossible to root (jailbreak) the BlackBerry PlayBook unlike iOS and Android devices, this means that your applications would NEVER be pirated. We have over 1 million devices sold and each of these owners are WILLING to pay for your application.
    Please respond.
    Thanks for listening,
    The Playbook Community."
    *PLEASE HELP ME OUT BY GIVING ME MORE E-MAIL ADDRESS'S AND DEVELOPER NAMES*

E-mail Address's

Netflix Canada: Netflix Canada - Unlimited TV Shows & Movies Online

Netflix U.S: (Don't have e-mail just use the Canada e-mail)

Hulu: Hulu - Support (I know they already responded but maybe with mass amounts of people, they will say yes?)

"Tiny Wings on iOS": Andreas Illiger / Portfolio, digital love

Sega: [email protected]

Firemint: [email protected]

Rockstar-Games: [email protected]

Mojang: [email protected]

GameHouse: [email protected]

Backflip Studios: [email protected]

OneLouder Apps: [email protected]

PlayPhone, Inc.: [email protected]

MediaMall Technologies, Inc.: [email protected]

appsmz: [email protected]

Bithack: [email protected]

Digital Goldfish Ltd: [email protected]

Sling Media: Sling Media - Contact Our Business Development Team

Vulkano: [email protected]

Madfinger Games: [email protected]

Gameloft: [email protected]

EA Games: [email protected]

Com2uS: [email protected]

Mika Mobile: [email protected]

LogMeIn: http://help.logmein.com/SelfServiceT...ales?support=1

*IF YOU JOIN THE CAUSE PLEASE E-MAIL ALL THE DEVELOPER'S, CHANCES ARE SOMEBODY ELSE WILL WANT THE APPLICATION EVEN IF YOU DO NOT!*

*TODAY IS THE DAY! EMAIL ALL THE DEVELOPERS ON THE LIST WITH THE PROVIDED MESSAGE!*
    I really hope this works!
    Last edited by r0v3rT3N; 02-01-12 at 02:14 PM.
    01-29-12 08:37 AM
    I agree... and ignore the sheep that bleat over and over saying "shut up/rim is doing great/they can do no wrong/just because you paid them a lot of money doesnt give you the right to expect them to give you what you bought".

Everybody follow this person's advice because there is power in numbers.
    01-29-12 09:33 AM
    If you send an email like that, please edit it to use BlackBerry (two uppercase Bs) instead of Blackberry...

Also point out to them that with a million devices sold, and users who are more willing to pay money for good apps than those on other platforms, they should take another look at the PlayBook (which also has an uppercase B in the middle) market.
    01-29-12 09:45 AM
    Letting developers know that there is lot's of interest in their apps from PB users is a good idea but the message provided here seems unnecessarily confrontational. Personally, if someone sent me a message like that the last thing I'd want to do is give them what they wanted.
    Thank's very much for the addresses though, I'll be sending my own messages to a few of those companies.
    01-29-12 01:11 PM
    Also what i think would help is if we also remind them that unlike the android and os devices the piratung of blackberry playbook apps doesn't exist, if I were a developer this would be the real push over the edge for me just saying
    01-29-12 03:52 PM
    heres one I sent to rockstar

Dear, Rockstar Games

I have heard great things about your tablet version of GTA Chinatown Wars as well as the 10th anivversery GTA 3. I consider myself a loyal rockstar fan owning various GTA titles on the xbox 360 and PS2 your company produces qualiity games and I and many others would love to see your touch titoes arriving to the BlackBerry appworld. As you may be thinkng this over one thing to consider is that unlike other systems such as iOS and android the Playbook is not able to be jailbroken/ all apps are ALWAYS paid for.

I would ask as sincerly as possible that you take this request into serious considration, please and thank you

Sincerely, Rockstar game enthusiast
    IslandCat likes this.
    01-29-12 04:09 PM
    I edited the message with all of your ideas! More e-mails are coming soon!
    01-29-12 06:48 PM
    SlingMedia and Vulkano as well please. The PlayBook needs a high resolution live tv alternative. My Sling Solo has been collecting dust for a long time now.
    01-29-12 07:00 PM
    i messaged capcom to request porting some classics to the playbook.
    street fighter 2 CE, mega man, 1944 etc.
    01-29-12 07:02 PM
    i messaged capcom to request porting some classics to the playbook.
    street fighter 2 CE, mega man, 1944 etc.
    What's their e-mail address?
    01-29-12 07:22 PM
    i went to capcom's website and went to 'contact us'.
    01-29-12 07:26 PM
    Netflix

bam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash bbam boom bang rapooars crash smash
    01-29-12 07:36 PM

Those are some to think about.
    01-29-12 08:10 PM

Those are some to think about.
    EA already develops for the PlayBook!
    01-29-12 08:42 PM
    true, but atleast we can contact them with requests. nhl 12 would be nice. tiger woods, as well.
    01-29-12 08:47 PM
    Quick question,
    Does anyone know if contacting companies like this has worked yet? Has any company after receiving emails from numerous people gone to a developer and had them create a app?
    I am just wondering. No intention of raining on anyones parade. I myself already have my email typed up and saved on my BB waiting for the 1st.
    01-29-12 09:45 PM
    EA already develops for the PlayBook!
    They don't seem to aknowledge PlayBook in game platform selections (i.e. Madden 12)
    01-29-12 10:37 PM
    They don't seem to aknowledge PlayBook in game platform selections (i.e. Madden 12)
    Good point, EA has been added!
    01-31-12 06:57 AM
    Add RIM to make an Ebay app.
    The website does not have the "add to calendar" function.
    With OS 2 the PB will become more independent of a smartphone this is now key.
    01-31-12 08:53 AM
    Add RIM to make an Ebay app.
    The website does not have the "add to calendar" function.
    With OS 2 the PB will become more independent of a smartphone this is now key.
    Please provide the email address I am extremely busy at the moment!
    01-31-12 02:40 PM
    Also what i think would help is if we also remind them that unlike the android and os devices the piratung of blackberry playbook apps doesn't exist, if I were a developer this would be the real push over the edge for me just saying
    Actually, it is very easy to pirate PlayBook apps. So including that would be false.
    01-31-12 03:01 PM
    Actually, it is very easy to pirate PlayBook apps. So including that would be false.
    Not as easy as iOS and Android...
    01-31-12 03:32 PM
    Not as easy as iOS and Android...
    He said it "doesn't exist". How easy it was, wasn't the point I was trying to say. I was saying that by him telling them you technically can't pirate PlayBook apps, would be false.
    01-31-12 03:45 PM
    He said it "doesn't exist". How easy it was, wasn't the point I was trying to say. I was saying that by him telling them you technically can't pirate PlayBook apps, would be false.
    He means jailbreak and the jailbreak for PB O.S doesn't give you free apps, correct me if I'm wrong, Nicely...
    01-31-12 04:04 PM
    He means jailbreak and the jailbreak for PB O.S doesn't give you free apps, correct me if I'm wrong, Nicely...
    I'm sorry. I'm not trying to come off as not nice or rude :P

He's correct on that then (as far as I am aware). But you don't need your PB jailbroke to pirate the applications. It's a bug in Desktop Manager, not the PlayBook itself. It takes a measly 6 steps, without being jailbroke, to get the applications. I can't/won't say how and I do hope it's something that is fixed in the future for sure.
    01-31-12 04:14 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD