I signed this thing, let's hope they listen and actually get off their asses and support our PlayBook. I am so sick of DRM getting in the way....If it weren't for it, we wouldn't need the POS Silverlight and we'd be enjoying Netflix on all platforms that support HTML5....what a crock!
    Last edited by obsoletepower; 02-28-12 at 10:39 PM.
    02-28-12 08:20 PM
    I signed the partition as well. ...Signatures are adding up! I hope they consider to follow through on our request. B/c the Blackberry Playbook is an awesome tablet!
    02-28-12 08:31 PM
    I signed it, over 3000 now
    02-28-12 08:49 PM
    I don't care about Netflix but i support my BB brother and sisters.

Petition SIGNED !!!
    Same boat.
    02-28-12 08:49 PM
    Signed. Not sure if it will make a difference, the only thing I am sure of is that I will cancel my netflix very soon if I do not see some hope they will change their stance on this.
    02-28-12 09:18 PM
    signed it guys numbers are going up nice and fast come on folks signup
    02-28-12 09:33 PM
    Here I fixed it for you, my revisions are bold and highlighted.
    Kool thanx!!
    02-28-12 09:41 PM
    I don't care about Netflix but i support my BB brother and sisters.

Petition SIGNED !!!
    Ditto and done.
    VanCity778 likes this.
    02-28-12 09:47 PM
    I�m in Mexico, love my PB , i would really love Netflix on my BB devices!!!!

Signed!!
    Hobbes2099 likes this.
    02-28-12 10:28 PM
    Wooah 3000 and counting?
    02-28-12 10:34 PM
    @Netflix - Are YOU paying attention??
    02-29-12 12:36 AM
    Signed. Upwards we go, next stop is 5000.
    02-29-12 03:45 AM
    I've signed. I must confess, I'm a little skeptical, as such a petition really needs to have thousands of sigs to start to make a dent.

I HAVE been monitoring the @netflixhelps Twitter account, though, and I'm gratified by the overwhelming response there. I'm sure that's made some kind of impression.
    Over 3700 now, so we're in the thousands now.
    02-29-12 04:29 AM
    PlayBook users, please remember that we are customers, we don't need to make any petition for any developer. Developers have to make the petition for us to use their apps. If their apps are good, we support, buy or donate them. If their apps are bad or they don't want to make apps for us, they will lose their chance. We can only say "bye bye" to them
    02-29-12 04:45 AM
    Great idea. Done.
    02-29-12 05:14 AM
    Signed. Somebody do one for Kindle now...
    02-29-12 08:33 AM
    So, 1000 people telling them on Twitter = not going to work,
    but 1000 people signing a petition = much better chance?
    Well whatever you think I guess. But its over 4000 signatures already.
    Things like this should be supported
    Last edited by Dapper37; 02-29-12 at 10:06 AM.
    02-29-12 10:03 AM
    I don't want to beat a dead horse. But, I think this may help the cause.

I was thinking of organizing a spin off event off of this petition. We should hit Netflix where it hurts ($). We should set a date for a "Red" Friday, or weekend. BlackberrY users who have a Netflix account should cancel their subscription on the same day/weekend.

If you already cancelled, then re-subscribe just to add to the number of cancelled memberships on Red Friday.

If you have family members that will kill you for canceling netflix, just warn them ahead of time. Tell them it is only for one month to calm them down. Download some torrents of your favorite shows or movies to hold you over for the month.

If we can sacrifice one month of service in order to make a point, I think we can get their attention. Their shareholders will surely pressure them to support rim devices if we can make a big impact.

We can use the change.org site to get people to sign up for Red Friday, we set the date, and then all cancel together.

I think we can do this, and I think it would be the most effective manner of advancing our cause.

What do you guys think?
    02-29-12 10:58 AM
    I don't want to beat a dead horse. But, I think this may help the cause.

I was thinking of organizing a spin off event off of this petition. We should hit Netflix where it hurts ($). We should set a date for a "Red" Friday, or weekend. BlackberrY users who have a Netflix account should cancel their subscription on the same day/weekend.

If you already cancelled, then re-subscribe just to add to the number of cancelled memberships on Red Friday.

If you have family members that will kill you for canceling netflix, just warn them ahead of time. Tell them it is only for one month to calm them down. Download some torrents of your favorite shows or movies to hold you over for the month.

If we can sacrifice one month of service in order to make a point, I think we can get their attention. Their shareholders will surely pressure them to support rim devices if we can make a big impact.

We can use the change.org site to get people to sign up for Red Friday, we set the date, and then all cancel together.

I think we can do this, and I think it would be the most effective manner of advancing our cause.

What do you guys think?
    This is a good idea we should have a date where we all just unsubscribe! We should call it THE BLACKOUT!
    Black stands for BlackBerry.
    Out stands for how many users they will be 'out' of.
    02-29-12 02:16 PM
    what number does this have to reach before you send it off?
    02-29-12 02:48 PM
    Be serious. The Playbook has been on the market for nearly a year. There are no OFFICIAL APPS for Netflix, Pandora, CNBC, Google Earth, Epocrates, Kindle, Yellowbook or ANY decent dictionaries. The, list goes on and on. Why? Developers simply aren't interested. The Playbook could have been GREAT. Without great OFFICIAL apps, it is not. The petition will fail. And BTW, Bing Maps and Poynt are ATROCIOUS APPS. Simply atrocious.
    But I have all those apps installed, to include Netflix. Oops sorry, wrong forum. My bad. I have the tablet with twice the screen real-estate and enough quality apps that I can both do real work and play.

Great phone though. I don't ever see myself ever using an iPhone.
    02-29-12 03:07 PM
    Amazon Prime FTW. No issue with it and I don't have to pay extra. Done with Netflix.
    02-29-12 04:24 PM
    Chalk one more up!
    02-29-12 06:29 PM
    Things I've been doing:

I call netflix a few times a week and ask when they'll have a PB app

Visit their site daily with my PB so they see PB in their site stats

Signed petition
    02-29-12 06:32 PM
    Come on Netflix's
    02-29-12 07:34 PM
116 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD