You really have no idea?
    Ok, I have ideas but really you don't have to talk down to me.
    I myself develop apps.
    RIM COULD try to make an agreement with them, but why should they?
    Netflix is the one losing subscribers from this NOT RIM
    02-28-12 02:58 PM
    JUST SIGNED.
    lets keep this up
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    02-28-12 03:00 PM
    So 1000 people signed already. That was pretty quick.
    02-28-12 03:12 PM
    So 1000 people signed already. That was pretty quick.
    A good cause finds it's way around fast!
    02-28-12 03:21 PM
    over 1100 sigs already. Post it everywhere you can people. Lets push this. If they do end up with a PB app I will sign up again. I cancelled the day they said no BB support and so did my father.
    02-28-12 03:24 PM
    I am an avid Netflix user and really want this app. I am to a point that i will jump ship on Netflix if Hulu or Amazon video beats them with playbook support! And, if anyone wants to start any other petitions for other apps, whether i use them or not, I will sign. We need choices and To with companies that refuse to bring us their apps. We deserve to have a level playing field and be able to pick tablets based on features alone, not the apps. And while we are at it, hey RIM, have you considered subscriptions for the new video store?
    02-28-12 03:26 PM
    I also cancelled my account awhile ago. The Playbook would be amazing to have Netflix on.
    02-28-12 03:27 PM
    Signed. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    02-28-12 03:50 PM
    Signed.

Netflix should be available for playbook as well as blackberry devices.
    02-28-12 03:51 PM
    Thank you everyone, keep up the good work!
    02-28-12 04:02 PM
    I myself develop apps.
    Yeah RIM isn't losing subscribers, they lose potential tablet sales because of high demand applications not existing on their platform.

But I guess that isn't their concern....
    02-28-12 04:04 PM
    Yeah RIM isn't losing subscribers, they lose potential tablet sales because of high demand applications not existing on their platform.

Still do you have to ruin things?
    RIM could do something but really if RIM wants Netflix and they don't make an application and they see many consumers wanting Netflix, they will buy the company.
    Just like all the other companies...
    P.S. Your still talking to me like I'm trash, I didn't start any fight here...
    02-28-12 04:10 PM
    Building momentum, over 1500 signatures so far.
    02-28-12 04:10 PM
    I want to sign... but why do they need my address and postal code?
    02-28-12 04:15 PM
    I want to sign... but why do they need my address and postal code?
    Just write "notneeded" in those categories, it works...
    Last edited by r0v3rT3N; 02-28-12 at 04:31 PM.
    02-28-12 04:17 PM

I am still waiting to hear what they can do. You cannot negotiate from a position of weakness. All it took was a tweet from a Netflix spokesperson, and Saunders is asking BB fans to cool it. I guess they could offer to buy their way into those apps, but again, not really sure I see how RIM can do anything to bring the apps to the PB.
    02-28-12 04:18 PM
    Still do you have to ruin things?
    RIM could do something but really if RIM wants Netflix and they don't make an application and they see many consumers wanting Netflix, they will buy the company.
    Just like all the other companies...
    P.S. Your still talking to me like I'm trash, I didn't start any fight here...
    You're taking it personal. RIM is screwing up here and you are defending them, which exemplifies why RIM is in the position they are right now in general... They don't deserve to be defended.

The sarcasm in "But I guess that isn't their concern..." is directed at RIM. They don't care about the very reasons they are losing marketshare.

Netflix is but one example of this. Maybe you get a Neftlix app, but nobody else's mentality has really changed overall...
    02-28-12 04:21 PM
    I am still waiting to hear what they can do. You cannot negotiate from a position of weakness. All it took was a tweet from a Netflix spokesperson, and Saunders is asking BB fans to cool it. I guess they could offer to buy their way into those apps, but again, not really sure I see how RIM can do anything to bring the apps to the PB.
    They also can't get a decent Bing Maps application, yet they are in signed agreements with Microsoft. Hmm....

So essentially, they can't push for anything to come to their own platform unless they do it entirely themselves (which isn't always possible). If that's true, then the BB platform is a lost cause.
    02-28-12 04:22 PM
    Imo
    I myself develop apps.
    Because one of the biggest problems the playbook has is its lack of big apps. People want apps like skype, netflix, etc on their tablets and when they find out that the playbook supports none of them, they just move on. So really, getting that netflix app out in app world is a win win situation for both netflix and RIM imo. Really hope it happens soon...
    02-28-12 04:23 PM
    Give it up pb is over just like rim is! Lol!
    02-28-12 06:00 PM
    I enjoy trying to make people angry, except I never do and nobody likes me. I AM A FAILED TROLL!
    Here I fixed it for you, my revisions are bold and highlighted.
    h20work, VanCity778 and Hobbes2099 like this.
    02-28-12 06:12 PM
    Internet logic at it's finest!

And at the risk of getting flambeau-d, it's very possible that most of the apps people pine for aren't developed for the PlayBook because it wields FULL web capability. As a developer, why would you spend time and resources developing an app for a device that can access the full content on it's web browser? I don't even understand why the PlayBook comes with a Youtube app. That app is much, much worse than the website; not to mention the app won't even let you play videos in HD. But anyways...
    Yes, the full web experience that doesn't support Silverlight (the actual reason you can't use Netflix); isn't supported by Amazon Instant Video; has a very long list of incompatible sites over on the Blackberry forum; doesn't remember passwords; can't organize favorites. For some reason I seem to be missing the whole web experience part of this....
    anon(3896606) and miata like this.
    02-28-12 06:42 PM
    I don't care about Netflix but i support my BB brother and sisters.

Petition SIGNED !!!
    kbz1960 and pcguy514 like this.
    02-28-12 07:45 PM
    I don't care about Netflix but i support my BB brother and sisters.

Petition SIGNED !!!
    People like you really help out!
    Thanks!
    VanCity778 likes this.
    02-28-12 07:54 PM
    Yes, the full web experience that doesn't support Silverlight (the actual reason you can't use Netflix); isn't supported by Amazon Instant Video; has a very long list of incompatible sites over on the Blackberry forum; doesn't remember passwords; can't organize favorites. For some reason I seem to be missing the whole web experience part of this....
    You sure are. Any links to where it says Silverlight is the reason Netflix doesn't work? I, along with many others, have watched Amazon Instant Video w/o issue. Operator headspace, maybe? Not sure what you mean by remembering passwords. Every site I log into keeps me logged in. Turn on your cookies and turn off private browsing before you log in then on again after you get logged in. But I guess if you're too lazy to type a password, you'll no doubt be too lazy to do that, too.

Edit:
    I don't really care if we get Netflix or not since I can watch Amazon, Crackle, etc., but I signed the petition, anyway.
    Last edited by tayl0rd; 02-28-12 at 08:20 PM.
    02-28-12 08:17 PM
116 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD