So many people wanting Netflix, but you do NOTHING for it.
    Tweeting Netflix isn't going to make any change, Alec Saunders Tweeted this.

Sign the petition, hopefully for anyone who actually likes Netflix you will get it and even if you don't support the cause to get the PlayBook more fame!
    Petition: Netflix: Offer Support for RIM Blackberry Devices

NETFLIX WANTS TO PLAY HARDBALL!
    Even after seeing our petition, Netflix still doesn't want to cooperate!
    Despite Petition, Netflix Says They Won’t Support BlackBerry!
    Looks like we are going to have to have a Netflix BLACKOUT. We must make a date for all of us to unsubscribe, I will make a Twitter account to tell them, they need to get ready for the BLACKOUT!
    Black stands for BlackBerry.
    Out stands for how many users they will be 'out' of.
    BLACKOUT *OFFICIAL THREAD*

SIGNATURE COUNT
    6,097 and COUNTING!
    Getting into the bigger numbers we just reached 6,000!
    Last edited by r0v3rT3N; 03-06-12 at 06:29 AM.
    02-28-12 06:48 AM
    signed and shared with few friends!
    02-28-12 06:57 AM
    So, 1000 people telling them on Twitter = not going to work,
    but 1000 people signing a petition = much better chance?
    02-28-12 07:04 AM
    So many people wanting Netflix, but you do NOTHING for it.
    Tweeting Netflix isn't going to make any change, Alec Saunders Tweeted this.
    Sign the petition, hopefully for anyone who actually likes Netflix you will get it.
    Petition: Netflix: Offer Support for RIM Blackberry Devices
    signed. I don't have a lot of faith in these processes, but it's only 100 signatures. Let's get it done and see what comes of it.
    02-28-12 07:09 AM
    Yep.
    I do not use Netflix (because they want to choose my devices; next they will be choosing my telly) but signed anyway.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    02-28-12 07:20 AM
    It's already at 100? I signed it a few hours ago and it was at around 20. It might gain a lot of people. I probably wouldn't use it but it seems like a lot of other people will so it doesn't hurt to try and get it for the playbook. Also if it had Netflix on it a lot more people may buy the PB and in turn that may bring more apps that I would actually use.
    02-28-12 07:32 AM
    Be serious. The Playbook has been on the market for nearly a year. There are no OFFICIAL APPS for Netflix, Pandora, CNBC, Google Earth, Epocrates, Kindle, Yellowbook or ANY decent dictionaries. The, list goes on and on. Why? Developers simply aren't interested. The Playbook could have been GREAT. Without great OFFICIAL apps, it is not. The petition will fail. And BTW, Bing Maps and Poynt are ATROCIOUS APPS. Simply atrocious.
    02-28-12 07:48 AM
    I filled out the petition on my Playbook using my 9900 as the Keyboard over Bridge. I use Netflix and it is silly that Netflix won't devote the resources to get Playbook working with its services. If Netflix won't, someone else will.
    02-28-12 08:00 AM
    developers weren't interested because of bad publicity and lack of users.. Now there is a significant number of Playbook owners and they 'might' consider making an app seeing a petition.

But I am not a petition expert. who manages it? how will the companies know about it and what will stop them from ignoring the petition?
    02-28-12 08:02 AM
    So, 1000 people telling them on Twitter = not going to work,
    but 1000 people signing a petition = much better chance?
    Internet logic at it's finest!

And at the risk of getting flambeau-d, it's very possible that most of the apps people pine for aren't developed for the PlayBook because it wields FULL web capability. As a developer, why would you spend time and resources developing an app for a device that can access the full content on it's web browser? I don't even understand why the PlayBook comes with a Youtube app. That app is much, much worse than the website; not to mention the app won't even let you play videos in HD. But anyways...
    Last edited by tayl0rd; 02-28-12 at 11:05 AM.
    jcbrunson and W Hoa like this.
    02-28-12 10:43 AM
    I signed it. Anyone who can't take 2 minutes to sign this petition has no right to complain about missing Netflix. Box.net added 500,000 Playbook users since sept 2011. That is not an ignorable number of potential customers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    02-28-12 11:31 AM
    I've signed. I must confess, I'm a little skeptical, as such a petition really needs to have thousands of sigs to start to make a dent.

I HAVE been monitoring the @netflixhelps Twitter account, though, and I'm gratified by the overwhelming response there. I'm sure that's made some kind of impression.
    02-28-12 11:40 AM

And at the risk of getting flambeau-d, it's very possible that most of the apps people pine for aren't developed for the PlayBook because it wields FULL web capability. As a developer, why would you spend time and resources developing an app for a device that can access the full content on it's web browser? I don't even understand why the PlayBook comes with a Youtube app. That app is much, much worse than the website; not to mention the app won't even let you play videos in HD. But anyways...
    You know you have a point there.

I got the Wikipedia application sideloaded on the PB and other such things. But I hardly use them. It's always the browser. Everything else seems like a stopgap measure.
    02-28-12 11:45 AM
    Be serious. The Playbook has been on the market for nearly a year. There are no OFFICIAL APPS for Netflix, Pandora, CNBC, Google Earth, Epocrates, Kindle, Yellowbook or ANY decent dictionaries. The, list goes on and on. Why? Developers simply aren't interested. The Playbook could have been GREAT. Without great OFFICIAL apps, it is not. The petition will fail. And BTW, Bing Maps and Poynt are ATROCIOUS APPS. Simply atrocious.

lol we all read the thread you wrote about how much you hate the playbook, do we really need spill over onto another thread? thanks for your input, are you really that lazy to put in dictionary.com into the address bar?

signed
    anon(3896606) and KermEd like this.
    02-28-12 11:55 AM

Glad someone else agrees with me on this. We have all seen Amazon Vid on the PB browser, that is until it started getting blocked. So it is possible to deliver beautiful vid to the PB via the web browser... why is this taking so long? Any answers for us, RIM?
    02-28-12 11:56 AM
    Signed and sent to some other BB users I know. Sent another tweet for the heck of it as well. Being respectful of course!
    02-28-12 12:14 PM
    I emailed their customer support the day they wrote that infamous tweet and told them I closed account in protest and did just that ! Signed and forwarded.
    02-28-12 02:01 PM
    And meanwhile RIM just watches...
    02-28-12 02:29 PM
    And meanwhile RIM just watches...
    What CAN THEY REALLY DO ABOUT IT?
    It's a third party developer...
    02-28-12 02:34 PM

Yes but netflix uses silverlight, doesn't work on any mobile browser. If it was HTML 5 we wouldn't have a problem and they wouldn't have to make apps. I assume it's a DRM/security issue though.
    02-28-12 02:47 PM
    Don't care for NetFlix but I will certainly help out my fellow PlayBookers and do this!! PlayBook rocks and others need to see this!! QNX is a monster and is solid. We gotta do what we gotta do =)
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    02-28-12 02:50 PM
    Don't care for NetFlix but I will certainly help out my fellow PlayBookers and do this!! PlayBook rocks and others need to see this!! QNX is a monster and is solid. We gotta do what we gotta do =)
    That's the spirit!
    02-28-12 02:52 PM
    What CAN THEY REALLY DO ABOUT IT?
    It's a third party developer...
    You really have no idea?
    02-28-12 02:53 PM
    Wow. The petition keeps climbing in numbers by the second (keep refreshing!) and I signed as well. They cannot turn their head to this for much longer!
    02-28-12 02:56 PM
    That's the spirit!
    Damn right!!! RIM has a SOLID OS and we can't let the PAID MEDIA campaign against RIM and the SHEEPLES bring it down. If i was the other companies, I'd feel threatened too . QNX FTW!
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    02-28-12 02:56 PM
116 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD