[Well, right, this *could* be in the other part of the PB forum, but I think people I'm writing for are not necessarily aware of its existence. In fact, it will go both sides !]

Guys, if you download and play an app that makes you feel better ... don't forget to review and quote the app. We need to encourage the *early developers*, like we do with (near-)early adopters !

To evaluate [AFTER you have took time to understand how this app works and meet your attempts ;-)] :
    ---------------
    - Launch AppWorld on your PB
    - Tap "My world" (top screen menu)
    - Tap on the App you want to review and rank
    - Scroll down (if needed) the description in the right column
    - Click on the "Add" button under "Average score" (yellow stars)
    - There you go, type a title, select the number of stars, type a quick review
    - Tap "Send review".
    Et voil !

No "shoeshine" here, just a legitimate recognition ... you like it ? Thank them (moreover if it's free !)
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 10-01-11 at 04:22 AM. Reason: (do not RUSH to evaluate ... take your time]
    09-30-11 03:20 PM
    What about the apps that make you feel worse? There have been some doozies! Like those offline navigation apps..

Aside, I wish there was a way to update your review with each app update. Would really make them more relevant.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-30-11 06:21 PM
    What about the apps that make you feel worse? There have been some doozies! Like those offline navigation apps..

Aside, I wish there was a way to update your review with each app update. Would really make them more relevant.
    I'm not sure but can you edit your own review?
    09-30-11 07:26 PM
    You may submit one and only one review per app and you may not revise it. If you want it removed, you may ask the developer to open a support ticket and ask the App World Manager to to "deny" it.
    09-30-11 09:06 PM
    Well, I like What's Up and just posted there. Great idea, I'll do that for some others.I like.
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    09-30-11 10:44 PM
    I wish you could because I have made reviews prior to upgrades and the upgrades fixed a lot of stuff that I may have complained about - can I retract it and revise? Not likely, not fair.

A lot of people rush to judgement before even figuring out how to use them, or contacting tech support,,, leave a bad review for an otherwise good app
    09-30-11 10:57 PM
    I wish you could because I have made reviews prior to upgrades and the upgrades fixed a lot of stuff that I may have complained about - can I retract it and revise? Not likely, not fair.

A lot of people rush to judgement before even figuring out how to use them, or contacting tech support,,, leave a bad review for an otherwise good app
    As you say BJ a lot of people rush to judgement and submit a review that they later regret. I would be nice if everyone would contact support first. Many problems arise because a user is unfamiliar with the app. After getting a speedy resolution from support (which I believe is the norm) you can leave a review commenting on the great service! Everyone wins.
    09-30-11 11:18 PM
    As you say BJ a lot of people rush to judgement and submit a review that they later regret. I would be nice if everyone would contact support first. Many problems arise because a user is unfamiliar with the app. After getting a speedy resolution from support (which I believe is the norm) you can leave a review commenting on the great service! Everyone wins.
    Yes there is only one chance to leave a review. I have learned not to rush to judgment, suggest others do as well, contact them first, wait to see if there are upgrades, most are willing to address complaints.
    10-01-11 12:50 AM
    Yes there is only one chance to leave a review. I have learned not to rush to judgment, suggest others do as well, contact them first, wait to see if there are upgrades, most are willing to address complaints.
    Edited the original post to include the "non-rush" advice.
    10-01-11 04:22 AM
    There are a couple of applications that do not work since the July update. In particular, an RPN calculator that I paid for then gave a positive review.
    The link to contact the author is dead, so I'm out the $3.99US I paid for it.
    Nice.
    If a free application dies after an update that is one thing.
    Not really worth pursuing, which seems the tacit strategy of the author, but it stinks.
    And no, I'm not interested in a class action lawsuit like some of our lawyer poster have suggested against RIM...
    10-01-11 07:33 AM
    There are a couple of applications that do not work since the July update. In particular, an RPN calculator that I paid for then gave a positive review.
    The link to contact the author is dead, so I'm out the $3.99US I paid for it.
    Nice.
    If a free application dies after an update that is one thing.
    Not really worth pursuing, which seems the tacit strategy of the author, but it stinks.
    And no, I'm not interested in a class action lawsuit like some of our lawyer poster have suggested against RIM...
    what you describe is unfair. Like I feel comfortable with thumbs up I dislike also beeing flued. Try to contact the author with the assisrance request, but without response you shoul let RIM know ... Bad behaviour of developer are also damaging image ...
    10-02-11 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD