What is the URL for the websites that can...

...edit my videos
    ...remotely drive a dslr
    ...help me navigate by gps
    ...tune my guitar
    ...allow me to record and mix music

I'd love to get by with just a browser.

This thread is ridiculous. RIM didn't put a year of work into an Android player because apps are unnecessary. Apps are [b]vital[b] to the platform's survival. The "it runs flash" thing didn't exactly take the world by storm.

Fortunately, it seems that developers are starting to step up.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-17-12 08:20 AM

...edit my videos
    ...remotely drive a dslr
    ...tune my guitar

This thread is ridiculous. RIM didn't put a year of work into an Android player because apps are unnecessary. Apps are [b]vital[b] to the platform's survival. The "it runs flash" thing didn't exactly take the world by storm.

While there are sites you can edit video on and probably the rest an app or software as it is called on a desktop is best for those tasks. The apps I don't need are the ones that don't do something I can do without it. I don't have a ton of software on my lappy either and certainly none for just surfing besides the browser and none that are just an alternate to web page because my browser can't display it.
    03-17-12 08:38 AM

...edit my videos
    ...remotely drive a dslr
    ...tune my guitar

Why do people keep bringing up the GPS thing? I mean do people prop up 10'' iPads in their vehicle to use the GPS? Wouldn't that obstruct their view of the road? I never thought of or now that many on here have brought up the GPS app now that I have thought of it, it is the dumbest use for a tablet I have ever heard of!

As for your music, I dunno, you bought a 7'' tablet with 16, 32, or 64 gigs of memory to be your recording and music hub with a touchscreen? I am not a musician or an aspiring recording artist, so I am not saying it can't be done on a tablet, but when I see a tablet, it is not something I think of people buying one for. Although the silly iPad commercials make it seem like a tablet can do more than a desktop or laptop and play nice music with nice moments that if you try to do those things aren't at all practical how they are shown...
    03-17-12 09:45 AM
    Sigh... Look, Adobe is still updating Flash on Android with bug fixes. They will continues to provide performance updates, security fixes, etc. but no new features. Android Flash just got updated about 1-2 weeks ago. HTML5 is good (besides PB browser has amazing implementation of HTML5), but for videos/games/interactive content (like 360 degree views) it's terrible. Flash will stay for a few more years, until a TRUE alternative comes around.
    03-17-12 10:14 AM
    As far as an app brings added value, promotes productivity, and/or entertainment and allows me to do things i cannot do without it i ll consider buying it!! Just like any other software.

Some serious development for the pb is being obvious but with it come lots of really badly made and useless apps (like 10 pics of beautiful cars, instructing ns on how to cut a lemmon... Blah blah).

RIM is allowing any kind of app in appworld just because everyone screams for apps. I would say they should even PAY devs with 1st grade apps to come and cut down the usual suspects that ONLY make fart apps making it difficult for me to find the app thT a decent developer has spent time and effort to bring me to the pb.

My one cent and final comment on this discussion.

Come on, what we need is quality apps (some are coming in)
    smartie88 likes this.
    03-17-12 11:06 AM
    Deleted.......
    Last edited by Dapper37; 03-17-12 at 11:19 AM.
    03-17-12 11:12 AM
    Personally, I have little need for apps because I simply go to the web site I need and do my business directly thru the browser. Banking, online shopping, paying bills or other account activities, Facebook, Twitter, news sites, YouTube, etc are a snap thru the browser so no app needed.

As a result, I've been thinking RIM could adopt the slogan You Don't Need An App For That.
    Oh...Well, sure. That's why people want to get a tablet - for all the apps it doesn't have.
    03-17-12 11:25 AM
    Oh...Well, sure. That's why people want to get a tablet - for all the apps it doesn't have.
    If you read much there are a lot who have no idea why they got a tablet or would need one. But like anything people buy things for different reasons. I'm sure some bought one because they didn't have to spend all their money on apps as it does what they need without them.

But that isn't going to sell much cause everyone assumes you need an app just to view a web site.
    03-17-12 11:33 AM
    closed per the OPs request
    03-17-12 02:40 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD