Excuse me, why should I spend money on an application when I know for a fact it's not worth the money? Why should I pay developers for junk in hopes that they'll eventually spit out more junk that I will then have to pay more money for anyways? The logic is ludicrous. If you want great apps, find some great developers to make great apps. Simple as that.

I know for a fact many people who bought the Playbook expected it to function as a fancier Blackberry with a bigger screen. And what did they receive? The only thing the Playbook has is a decent PC-quality browser, where's the rest? I mean, that's it. In fact, it's almost the opposite of Blackberry phones. The one app that isn't native on Blackberry phones -- a weather app -- is, dare I say it, native on the Playbook? But where are the basics? Perhaps a notepad for keeping memos? A calendar? Contact list? What about... Twitter? E-mail? Skype? Blackberry finally gives a rear-facing camera and there's ONLY support for video chat with other Playbook users? That's absolutely ridiculous. Is there even a single native instant messaging application? A file manager? What about... customization options? One of the selling points of Blackberry phones -- extensive menu options (I love my Bold because I can do anything with anything!) -- is gone! Can I even re-arrange the icon locations in the Playbook's panes? Why can't I minimize the panes? Remove panes? Blackberry phones are great because they don't have walls. The Playbook is just the opposite.

When you kill off all the basics, why do you think people are complaining about the basics? I didn't buy the Playbook to play your crap games. I have a PS3 to do that (which was CHEAPER! AND GUESS WHAT? I can buy high-definition, quality PS3 games for $10! Charging even half the price of a PS3 game for a piece of junk on a tablet that I've already paid more for is insane). This is NOT a gaming machine, it's a slick tablet with nice capabilities. But the software is crap, and the apps you are all creating are crap. Wake up.
    Pearl9100 likes this.
    12-03-11 01:14 PM
    @ the OP, didn't I read a thread where you had seen a new app in app world, and you were asking for someone else to buy it and TOFTT (as you put it)?
    Why not just follow your own advice and buy it?
    Pearl9100 likes this.
    12-03-11 01:16 PM
    Oh my, so much anger.
    12-03-11 01:17 PM
    Totally disagree- I think she's hilarious and brings some well needed levity and color to the forums.- I sense envy or something perhaps someone got their feelings hurt?. Keep em coming Mrs. Gatz! She's entitled to her opinion also.

When you say "we need" please speak for yourself - I for one do not need native email pim etc - nor will I use it when it comes out because of security and syncing issues. I have it on my bridged phone. And stop using pink. You're too sensitive and taking too much personally.
    You like color?

How's that?

I am not envious of her. That is absolutely a baseless claim. I just don't like people telling me what I should or shouldn't do or what I should buy.

And okay, I will clarify by when I use we. Many of us working in the IT world (especially BES admins) need a native email client before we can justify the purchase and start buying pb by the truck loads. A cheaper price sticker doesn't mean anything if it cannot perform basic functions.
    Last edited by Pearl9100; 12-03-11 at 01:42 PM.
    12-03-11 01:18 PM
    Excuse me, why should I spend money on an application when I know for a fact it's not worth the money? Why should I pay developers for junk in hopes that they'll eventually spit out more junk that I will then have to pay more money for anyways? The logic is ludicrous. If you want great apps, find some great developers to make great apps. Simple as that.

I know for a fact many people who bought the Playbook expected it to function as a fancier Blackberry with a bigger screen. And what did they receive? The only thing the Playbook has is a decent PC-quality browser, where's the rest? I mean, that's it. In fact, it's almost the opposite of Blackberry phones. The one app that isn't native on Blackberry phones -- a weather app -- is, dare I say it, native on the Playbook? But where are the basics? Perhaps a notepad for keeping memos? A calendar? Contact list? What about... Twitter? E-mail? Skype? Blackberry finally gives a rear-facing camera and there's ONLY support for video chat with other Playbook users? That's absolutely ridiculous. Is there even a single native instant messaging application? A file manager? What about... customization options? One of the selling points of Blackberry phones -- extensive menu options (I love my Bold because I can do anything with anything!) -- is gone! Can I even re-arrange the icon locations in the Playbook's panes? Why can't I minimize the panes? Remove panes? Blackberry phones are great because they don't have walls. The Playbook is just the opposite.

When you kill off all the basics, why do you think people are complaining about the basics? I didn't buy the Playbook to play your crap games. I have a PS3 to do that (which was CHEAPER! AND GUESS WHAT? I can buy high-definition, quality PS3 games for $10! Charging even half the price of a PS3 game for a piece of junk on a tablet that I've already paid more for is insane). This is NOT a gaming machine, it's a slick tablet with nice capabilities. But the software is crap, and the apps you are all creating are crap. Wake up.

Oh my God, I cant even piece meal that, the whole is just so sad
    12-03-11 01:46 PM
    Totally disagree- I think she's hilarious and brings some well needed levity and color to the forums.- I sense envy or something perhaps someone got their feelings hurt?. Keep em coming Mrs. Gatz! She's entitled to her opinion also.

When you say "we need" please speak for yourself - I for one do not need native email pim etc - nor will I use it when it comes out because of security and syncing issues. I have it on my bridged phone. You're too sensitive and taking too much personally.

Lighten up! And stop using pink.

BLACKJACK HI !! How are ya ?

BTW, I bought that new app (Murder detective), Its really cool, like the ol Gamebooks, so I aint so cheap, haha !

You guys can always tell the hate, because you feel really sick inside when you read their posts. Your supposed to feel good !

Lemme throw some pink your way.
    12-03-11 01:50 PM

BTW, I bought that new app (Murder detective), Its really cool, like the ol Gamebooks, so I aint so cheap, haha !

You guys can always tell the hate, because you feel really sick inside when you read their posts. Your supposed to feel good !

I love how you just completely ignored my post. I make valid points that pokes holes in your mandate, and you just side step everything.

I am peacing out of this garbage thread. Oh, and let me put a winky face so that you know that I am just kidding. Gatz and I are bffs! We are just sassy, but classy (the delta gamma way).
    Last edited by Pearl9100; 12-03-11 at 02:00 PM.
    12-03-11 01:53 PM
    I love how you just completely ignored my post. I make valid points that pokes holes in your mandate, and you just side step everything.

I am peacing out of this garbage thread. Oh, and let me put a winky face so that you know that I am just kidding. Gatz and I are bffs! We are just sassy, but classy (the delta gamma way).
    Im not ignoring you

I just dont know what to make of you. You say this is a garbage thread, when the theme of it promotes community and good will. You have issues that I cannot address. I dont want to know someone like you in the real world.

This will be my last comment to you, unless you apologize to everyone for your behaviour, and think about it. You seem to be especially abusive to women as well.
    Last edited by Mrs Gatz; 12-03-11 at 02:21 PM.
    12-03-11 02:11 PM
    Im not ignoring you

I just dont know what to make of you. You say this is a garbage thread, when the theme of it promotes community and good will. You have issues that I cannot address. I dont want to know someone like you in the real world.

This will be my last comment to you, unless you apologize to everyone for your behaviour, and think about it. You seem to be especially abusive to women as well.
    I never said that this thread did not promote community. What I am saying is that you make a lot of shortsighted statements, many of which are completely baseless. Now, you are running around calling people narcissistic or abusive to women. Just so to set the record straight, I have never resorted to name calling. Does anyone not see the insanity in this?

Let me distill the discussion going on:
    You: Buying tons of apps will enrich the pb ecosystem and your experience.

Me: No, that is shortsighted and dismissive. This one-size-fits-all solution will not solve the glaring problems many have with the pb.

Edit: You changed the post when I was writing. I have no beef with other people -- just you. Ignore me all you want, but it doesn't make the holes in your argument go away.

Haha, just kidding. You know I love you gatz. You know I am just kidding because I am writing in pink.

Last edited by Pearl9100; 12-03-11 at 03:06 PM.
    12-03-11 02:54 PM
    I never said that this thread did not promote community. What I am saying is that you make a lot of shortsighted statements, many of which are completely baseless. Now, you are running around calling people narcissistic or abusive to women. Just so to set the record straight, I have never resorted to name calling. Does anyone not see the insanity in this?

Let me distill the discussion going on:
    You: Buying tons of apps will enrich the pb ecosystem and your experience.

Me: No, that is shortsighted and dismissive. This one-size-fits-all solution will not solve the glaring problems many have with the pb.

wow catfight Toon being taken seriously this is better than .. what was that movie?

Sultry in sequins: Holly looks just like Toon sex symbol Jessica Rabbit | Showbiz

Popcorn please.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-03-11 at 03:04 PM.
    12-03-11 02:59 PM

I feel sick far too often in here - sick of feeling sick. But I don't like to let people get away with making me feel sick. Just how I roll.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-03-11 at 03:09 PM.
    12-03-11 03:06 PM
    Yay, more arguing. Give it up already folks.

I appreciate the original sentiment of the thread. However, it's clear it's not going anywhere.

*closed*
    12-03-11 03:10 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD