Nothing else matters !

You (Yes you the lurker) thats right, you - one of the 3000 views a thread gets -

You need to head over to App world on your Playbook, not the phone, and spend some cash, and you need to do it now.

Yea, I know, its fun around here, lots of fun FUD to go around, heehee, right?

No, go support your devs, the creative indies through which their passion gives you, well, somethin to play with !

Go spend some money, you'll find something, for heaven sake. Gameloft just dropped some prices to 99 cent, buy UNO and email them asking for multiplayer WI-FI

If Gameloft suddenly puts up 30 HD games for Playbook, it would immediately change the perception and value of ownership.

BUY APPS, BUY APPS, BUY APPS - you better get it people.
    nicolyn, Hgouck, CDM76 and 10 others like this.
    12-03-11 07:32 AM
    Just bought Bejeweled 2... on sale!! I'm hooked already I also got Machinarium (awesome game), Runik, Tetris, and the 3D Screens for Playbook
    Last edited by jafobabe; 12-03-11 at 07:43 AM.
    12-03-11 07:40 AM
    Please, nourish your ecosystem !

In any way thats meaningful to you ! Cash, apps, positive energy, fellowship
    !

peter9477 likes this.
    12-03-11 07:43 AM
    I agree with you. I have supported the BlackBerry PlayBook application developers since initial release in April. While the catalogue of high-quality applications was very small in the early days the same cannot be said today. Yes, paid applications are worth every penny from some of the developers and those developers tend to be moderately active on this forum and responsive to suggestions. Download applications. Try applications. Buy applications.

For the few rip-off artists in the "developer community" and massive number of cheapskate tablet users the day of reckoning is coming.
    12-03-11 07:47 AM
    great post . total +1
    12-03-11 07:47 AM
    I agree. Have a question about Machanarium. Is it a game you can only play once, since once you solve it there is nothing new to do with it? Heading over to appworld...
    12-03-11 07:53 AM
    What?!
    No, I rather buy myself a fat hamburger or juicy hotdog or a six-pack.
    Yes it cost me a little bit more but i know what i get.

You think I want to spend $0.99 for a software? The playbook is expensive enough and RIM should make all apps for free!!!
    Developers are nerds anyway and don't need my $0.99 cents to get motivated. That's is how nerds operate.

YES YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!
    FOR THE COST OF ONE HAMBURGER / HOTDOG / SIXPACK / CANDYBAR YOU CAN SUPPORT THE DEVS TO STAY MOTIVATED TO PRODUCE MORE AND BETTER...

If your money is tight and rather buy something alse, well....don't complain about the lack of...
    chrisstanley1987 likes this.
    12-03-11 07:56 AM
    I agree. Have a question about Machanarium. Is it a game you can only play once, since once you solve it there is nothing new to do with it? Heading over to appworld...
    It is quite a detailed game with plenty of levels, and not easy. For the $5 (PB version) it's the best nickel you will spend... Hours of fun and frustration to get the robot where they need to go.

They also have a PC version for $10.. I have both and addicted to it to say the least.

Enjoy!
    12-03-11 08:01 AM
    It is quite a detailed game with plenty of levels, and not easy. For the $5 (PB version) it's the best nickel you will spend... Hours of fun and frustration to get the robot where they need to go.

They also have a PC version for $10.. I have both and addicted to it to say the least.

Enjoy!
    Thank you!
    12-03-11 08:05 AM
    I totally agree. I buy what I like or see good reviews on all the time. I convinced my friend to get a PB a few months ago and he has yet to purchase any apps. Its really the only thing we can do as users to support the playbook. Get buyin em!
    12-03-11 08:11 AM
    Thank you!
    Go to the App Dev's site too... he is working on getting more games to the Playbook.
    12-03-11 08:20 AM
    I totally agree. I buy what I like or see good reviews on all the time. I convinced my friend to get a PB a few months ago and he has yet to purchase any apps. Its really the only thing we can do as users to support the playbook. Get buyin em!
    I bought a PB because its cute !

But when i started to visit these forums, it was more about bridge this, bridge that, copy this, move files here, use it for work, and the healthy dose of self aggrandizing geek speak. Not the way I roll, or 95% of the public, have y'all lost touch ?

Well, while you all are playing Napoleon narcissistic games, Amazon is thriving on apps and their ecosystem.

Dont ya get it?

Would you buy an Xbox360 and have no games? You want the PB to be discontinued?

Y'all act like it sometimes
    12-03-11 08:22 AM
    +1 on this OP... If everyone would buy apps the way I have been buying apps the Devs would have no choice but to put out more because this platform would be a real money maker for them...
    12-03-11 08:25 AM
    Just bought Bejeweled 2... on sale!! I'm hooked already I also got Machinarium (awesome game), Runik, Tetris, and the 3D Screens for Playbook
    Gem Spinner II is like Bejewledd and has 50 game pages in it And you can go to any of the 50 and repeat them to raise your score. Only higher scores post.

HD in games makes them so much more than ipad!!!

That without losing security and no Security software needed! Big ongoing savings to buy more apps. :-)

The more PB sold, the higher quality games (as posted before).
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-03-11 11:34 AM
    I spent 9 bucks and bought Lets Golf HD 2 (6.99$, a lot of fun!) and Bejeweled 2. I'll spend another 10 bucks next month as well, and about 10 bucks a month permanently providing there are good apps to spend on which it looks like there is.
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-03-11 11:40 AM
    I just want my retirement check, my social security, and my dividend checks to keep me in Cuba Libre's and Cuban cigars (the illegal kind); if there's anything leftover, I'll buy an app.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    12-03-11 11:57 AM
    I bought a PB because its cute !

But when i started to visit these forums, it was more about bridge this, bridge that, copy this, move files here, use it for work, and the healthy dose of self aggrandizing geek speak. Not the way I roll, or 95% of the public, have y'all lost touch ?

Well, while you all are playing Napoleon narcissistic games, Amazon is thriving on apps and their ecosystem.

Dont ya get it?

Would you buy an Xbox360 and have no games? You want the PB to be discontinued?

Y'all act like it sometimes
    I think you've summed up the problem nicely. BB is marketing this for business use, and tablets are (IMO, of course) more popular as a consumer item. It seems like a chicken and egg thing to me. If PB had aps like the other tablets I think it would be less of a niche product, and a huge seller. Then it would be a bigger draw for developers.

That said, I'd be willing to pay a small fee for a Kindle app, even though I can use the Cloud reader and the app is free for other platforms. Same goes for other common apps.
    12-03-11 12:02 PM
    Yep hard to complain about not enough apps when ya don't even buy any !

Nice post Mrs. Gatz let's get this "homebrew" community rollin' over the negativity!
    Seems like we got enough soldiers now.

But no cheatin and getting other people to test the apps for ya
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-03-11 at 12:18 PM.
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-03-11 12:14 PM
    Mrs.Gatz is right. Support your local ecosystem, you'll get more apps.
    12-03-11 12:29 PM
    Madden 12, modern combat= hours of AWESOMENESS!!! those will be my first 2 app purchases as soon as I open and start up my playbook christmas morning..then from there well things will get interesting. I have been exploring app world for some great ones.. gotta find some good ones for the kids too, anyone know of a good doodling app that they can just kind of draw on the playbook?
    12-03-11 12:33 PM
    There are also already some great business apps as well as some good games out for the PB. It can definitely fulfill both requirements for business and pleasure. The more we buy (not just take the free ones) the more choices we will have.
    12-03-11 12:33 PM
    I just want my retirement check, my social security, and my dividend checks to keep me in Cuba Libre's and Cuban cigars (the illegal kind); if there's anything leftover, I'll buy an app.
    The military police have been dispatched to your dwelling on base. Those Cuba cigars will get you every time.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-03-11 12:38 PM
    For those sitting on the fence, go to Machinarium and try out the free demo version to see if you like it first
    12-03-11 12:39 PM
    Nothing else matters !

You (Yes you the lurker) thats right, you - one of the 3000 views a thread gets -

You need to head over to App world on your Playbook, not the phone, and spend some cash, and you need to do it now.

Yea, I know, its fun around here, lots of fun FUD to go around, heehee, right?

No, go support your devs, the creative indies through which their passion gives you, well, somethin to play with !

Go spend some money, you'll find something, for heaven sake. Gameloft just dropped some prices to 99 cent, buy UNO and email them asking for multiplayer WI-FI

If Gameloft suddenly puts up 30 HD games for Playbook, it would immediately change the perception and value of ownership.

BUY APPS, BUY APPS, BUY APPS - you better get it people.
    I have never been a fan of you gatz since the moment you told me to go buy a nook. With all due respect, you are not as funny, cute, or sarcastic as you think you are. And highlighting your words in pink doesn't make it okay to say things the way you say it.

People use tablets and devices differently. You should respect that. Imho, you shouldn't be wagging your finger and telling people what or what not to do.

People are entitled to their opinions, which may be drastically different from yours. You are very dismissive of other people legitimate concerns about the pb lacking the most basic features that have made any bb product successful. Slapping tons of apps from the app store only puts a band aid onto the situation and doesn't fix the root of the issue, which is we need a native email client, pim and etc. You may have no qualms about your pb after adding a bunch of apps, but this isn't a one-size-fits-all solution like you suggest.

For example, the pb is obviously designed for the business world in mind. In some companies, it is hr policy to not install apps on company devices for a plethora of reasons. Plus, a lot of BES admins lock down devices so you can't add any unauthorized apps with out admin approval. So your suggestion wouldn't even begin to fix the problems that the pb has. I understand you think you are trying to help, but you are very short sighted to say the least and you cannot empathize with us who have legitimate concerns.

And obviously, there are huge glaring deficiencies in the pb, which is why Rim has almost half a billion dollars in write down inventory and about 5 million pb tablets (finished and unfinished) sitting around in inventory.

Please, get off of your little pink soap box and put a lid on it. Feel free to use a pink one if it will make you happier.

Btw, there is a reason why sonic always ditches amy and no one else can stand her...
    Last edited by Pearl9100; 12-03-11 at 02:03 PM.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    12-03-11 01:00 PM
    I have never been a fan of you gatz since the moment you told me to go buy a nook. With all due respect, you are not as funny, cute, or sarcastic as you think you are. [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]You come off as rude, dismissive, and borderline glib, and highlighting your words in pink doesn't make it all okay.[/COLOR]

People use tablets and devices differently. You should respect that. Imho, you shouldn't be wagging your finger and telling people what or what not to do.

People are entitled to their opinions, which may be drastically different from yours. You are very dismissive of other people legitimate concerns about the pb lacking the most basic features that have made any bb product successful. Slapping tons of apps from the app store only puts a band aid onto the situation and doesn't fix the root of the issue, which is we need a native email client, pim and etc. You may have no qualms about your pb after adding a bunch of apps, but this isn't a one-size-fits-all solution like you suggest.

For example, the pb is obviously designed for the business world in mind. In some companies, it is hr policy to not install apps on company devices for a plethora of reasons. Plus, a lot of BES admins lock down devices so you can't add any unauthorized apps with out admin approval. So your suggestion wouldn't fix even begin to fix the problems that the pb has.

I understand you think you are trying to help, but you are very short sighted to say the least and you cannot empathize with us who have legitimate concerns. Please, get off of your little pink soap box and put a lid on it. [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]Feel free to use a pink one if it will make you happier.[/COLOR]

Btw, there is a reason why sonic always ditches amy and no one else can stand her...
    Totally disagree- I think she's hilarious and brings some well needed levity and color to the forums.- I sense envy or something perhaps someone got their feelings hurt?. Keep em coming Mrs. Gatz! She's entitled to her opinion also.

When you say "we need" please speak for yourself - I for one do not need native email pim etc - nor will I use it when it comes out because of security and syncing issues. I have it on my bridged phone. You're too sensitive and taking too much personally.

Lighten up! And stop using pink.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-03-11 at 01:13 PM.
    12-03-11 01:06 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD