Yes. More ebooks are now available on the appworld. I can't wait to buy couple of them for 10 bucks and now, I don't need any e-reader app like kindle. This is great for RIM and the developer. It must have taken him/her a long and hard time to make it work for the playbook. Good Job!!!

Snuupy likes this.
    05-12-12 10:06 PM
    Many of the listed ebooks books in appWorld are available FREE (where do you think the app DEV's got them!)

For the master list and the unrestricted download of millions of free public e-books, music, and videos
    visit archive.org
    (There is NO log-in or payment)

ARCHIVE.ORG - Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine

A few second search of the Archive will save you ton's of app money!
    On appWorld there are many free and low cost kindle/pdf/ePub readers
    Last edited by mandony; 05-12-12 at 10:31 PM.
    05-12-12 10:20 PM
    Yes. More ebooks are now available on the appworld. I can't wait to buy couple of them for 10 bucks and now, I don't need any e-reader app like kindle. This is great for RIM and the developer. It must have taken him/her a long and hard time to make it work for the playbook. Good Job!!!

sarcasm champion... or ...
    05-13-12 12:36 AM
    +1 Internets to OP
    05-13-12 01:18 AM
    I wish there was a Buy All app for a publisher.

This developer has 253 high-class book apps for between $1 and $11 each.

I'm all too willing to buy them all for $1000, but where's the "Buy All" option?
    I'm most excited about 'This Little Pig', 'This Little Piggy' and 'Three Little Pigs'. Only $9 for all three.
    Last edited by xsacha; 05-13-12 at 01:23 AM.
    Snuupy likes this.
    05-13-12 01:20 AM
    Oh, do what I did. Just take an hour off and buy them all in a row. I started with the expensive ones first.

The hard part was the anticipation of the long down,oad.
    05-13-12 01:59 AM
    How's the formatting in archive.org's html ebooks?
    The ones in Gutenberg aren't bad.
    Maybe instead of 100 Free Ebooks I should've created a "100000s of Free Ebooks" and just made it so they could download books from online and launch them.
    Maybe after I finish the app I'm currently getting started on...
    05-13-12 02:18 AM
    Thanks for the laugh, yes i noticed the App World is getting flooded with these books now, but hey! At least they're not fart apps! :-)
    05-13-12 08:31 AM
    How's the formatting in archive.org's html ebooks?
    Archive offers many formats, depending upon the library who did the scans. Sometimes they are free access from the google scan project, usually ePub, txt, some Kindle. Html are usually for online viewing through a browser, but, I believe you can download too (there is an offline reader available in appWorld).
    05-13-12 02:34 PM
    u may hate it but rim loves it cause if u use kobo/kindle they wont get a cut (since sideloaded or purchased outside of rim world). buying it as an app rim gets 30% what a great deal for them.
    05-13-12 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD