So i have heard alot about different apps for radio stations but nothing about XM radio. I know there is no working apps so far on any of the 6.0 BB devices; which im still upset about. But will the Blackberry Playbook have a app or can i just stream it stright from the web site.
    04-11-11 12:22 PM
    I would think, since it's a flash site, that streaming would work. I don't use an app on my laptop for Siriusxm, i just use their website.

then again, something may come up to prevent it.
    04-11-11 12:28 PM
    True i heard ppl talking about hulu and other sites being blocked after a while of use when it see it a moble not desktop .
    04-11-11 12:32 PM
    True i heard ppl talking about hulu and other sites being blocked after a while of use when it see it a moble not desktop .
    So I guess what we really need is a user-agent spoofing app.
    04-11-11 12:34 PM
    Slacker will be on the Playbook, for sure...if that helps.
    04-11-11 12:44 PM
    We'd better hope the website will work, because Sirius XM probably won't get around to making an app for the PlayBook until sometime in 2013 or 2014.
    04-11-11 12:52 PM
    Slacker is good dont get me wrong but im not really feeling it. I have XM in the car and love it. Slacker i like havent really got into it the way i have with XM.
    04-11-11 01:40 PM
    I have a BB 9650 Running 6 with Xm app working perfect.
    04-11-11 02:13 PM
    I have a BB 9650 Running 6 with Xm app working perfect.
    it doesn't work on the 9780, 9800, not sure about the others. I've heard it does run on a 9700 running OS6.
    04-11-11 02:18 PM
    Not to go off on a big tangent, but I am able to stream Pandora through my Tour, and it sounds great (connected from the headphone jack to my car stereo). I've always found the sound quality of XM/Sirius to be severely lacking. I guess for talk radio and sports it's OK, but the audio quality of the music channels is akin to a re-dubbed cassette being played through a telephone.
    04-11-11 02:19 PM
    I listen to alot of hip hop, rap reggea, some top 40 how r the songs on Pandora. is it a good mix of new and old. how much is it and does it soak up alot of data.
    04-13-11 12:46 PM
    Pandora is great. You can do a free subscription, though you will have occasional ads that play (usually short 15 second ones). Otherwise you can do an upgraded subscription for about $30 a year (I think...don't quote me on that) that gives you better sound quality and no ads ever. I have the premium subscription and think it's well worth it. Not sure on the data usage.
    04-13-11 01:34 PM
    XM work great on the 9650 on 6.0, and it should be fairly easy for them to port that to the PB.
    04-13-11 03:07 PM
    Pandora is great. You can do a free subscription, though you will have occasional ads that play (usually short 15 second ones). Otherwise you can do an upgraded subscription for about $30 a year (I think...don't quote me on that) that gives you better sound quality and no ads ever. I have the premium subscription and think it's well worth it. Not sure on the data usage.
    thats what im waitting for XM radio just tried and proven to me but if not pandora it is. XM radio has not been added to 9800 yet for some reason id pay for that in a sec and use it. ill try it out for free first then add it to the pb if xm is to slow to the jump off.
    04-13-11 06:15 PM
    The XM radio web player does not work on the PlayBook using the PlayBook browser. When it tried I got an error message saying that it is not compatible with the browser. I have had email contact with XM (Canada) and they say there are no immediate plans for an XM app. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get XM moving on an app. They also need an XM app for Torch 9800.

i do prefer XM over Slacker Radio and would pay the subscription cost for XM.
    09-14-11 08:49 AM
    considering they have stopped making a compatible XM app for anything after the 9700, I wouldn't expect this any time soon or ever at all. Unfortunate, but it's that's the reality of the playbook and blackberry right now, they are 3rd or 4th on the app list, and companies like XM have seemed to stop making them.
    Last edited by san4berry; 09-14-11 at 09:47 AM.
    09-14-11 09:10 AM
    Using XM Radio required an internet connection? Or we can use GPS like car devices...
    09-14-11 09:52 AM
    Using XM Radio required an internet connection? Or we can use GPS like car devices...
    XM doesn't use GPS.

No phone or tablet has a built in Sirius/XM satellite radio receiver, so if you want to listen to satellite radio on the them then you need to use their web players.

Why you'd want to do that when there are thousands of free internet radio stations available...
    09-14-11 12:35 PM
    the web player is working fine on my pb loads right up and plays all channels. it even keeps playing in the background and also keeps playing once the screen times out. Havent tried it through the bride browser yet but i assume as long as you have good signal strength it should work fine.
    mrhockeypuck likes this.
    09-16-11 09:41 AM
    the web player is working fine on my pb loads right up and plays all channels. it even keeps playing in the background and also keeps playing once the screen times out. Havent tried it through the bride browser yet but i assume as long as you have good signal strength it should work fine.
    Web player doesnt play XM Online on my PlayBook. I get the message "Sorry but your browser is missing plugins which are required to play XM Online+. MaxOSX and Windows are currently the only supported operating systems supported by XM Online."

how did you get XM Online playing on your PlayBook?
    09-16-11 02:57 PM
    mine played when i tested, but wasn't ideal as it was hard to select channels.
    09-16-11 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD