I'm a big fan of Ghost Commander and ES File Explorer, and had previously loaded X-Plore on my PB, and liked it too. But after a couple of wipes and OS updates, official and beta, I lost my working copy of the bar file for X-Plore and couldn't find one that actually worked on my PB (the one from Good e-Reader didn't work)- until today. Anyhow, I've posted the bar file here, if anyone's interested- https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=f661f...4A8CD45E%21210

The good news is that X-Plore is a dual pane file explorer, like Ghost. It also can connect to and browse shared files on computers on your LAN, like ES can (Ghost could for me until I went to the beta OS) and can stream vids and other media from your PC. Also, it has direct access to various Sky services- DropBox, Box, Skydrive (though I'm having problems signing into my Skydrive account with it) Google Drive, Sugar Sync, etc., without the need to open a separate app to access these services. The only downside is that it doesn't seem to be quite as stable as Ghost or ES and it takes a little longer to load, though this may be at least in part due to it having to connect to your cloud accounts on startup. Anyhow, Ghost is still my favorite file browser, but it's still nice to have another option that has some added functionality.
    10-01-12 02:09 PM
    Very good app on android. I Will try it on the PB.
    10-01-12 09:19 PM
    Thanks to this thread, I have sideloaded X-Plore onto my playbook. It is a nice app. I like the cloud options.

One question for OP: how did you manage to get it to talk to your Google Drive or Picasa? I just get error about "No Google Account Found" presumably since I'm not running an android laptop which would have an active google account.
    11-11-12 04:52 PM

One question for OP: how did you manage to get it to talk to your Google Drive or Picasa? I just get error about "No Google Account Found" presumably since I'm not running an android laptop which would have an active google account.
    I couldn't connect to Google Drive- I get the same error as you get. When I wrote the first post, I hadn't tried to connect to Google, I just knew it was one of the available options. FWIW, I am able to connect to Google Drive using ES File Explorer (version 1.6.2.2). As for Picasa, I don't use it so I haven't tried connecting. Also note that I can now use X-Plore to connect to my Skydrive account- I'm not sure what the problem was before.
    11-12-12 07:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD