Anyone know if the Wall Street Journal or Economist applications will EVER be released for Playbook? Currently they are available only for daPi and Android.

The omission of Skype, I understand (somewhat). However, given that "professionals" are targeted with the Playbook, more than surprised these applications (or the NY Times) are still absent on App World!
    10-25-11 05:15 PM
    You may want to send this inquiry to developers... Since the OS2 beta launch I've been using the Economist app for Android as a workaround...
    10-25-11 05:22 PM
    You may want to send this inquiry to developers... Since the OS2 beta launch I've been using the Economist app for Android as a workaround...
    Apologies for the newb question, but where exactly do I go to do this? I totally will!
    10-25-11 05:23 PM
    Have you tried the WSJ web site? I have the app on my phone and when I go to the web site, all the content on the phone is on the web site. The website works well from the PlayBook.

If the bandwidth of the full site bothers you, you can also access the mobile site from the PlayBook using m.wsj.com .
    Last edited by robsteve; 10-25-11 at 09:10 PM.
    10-25-11 09:07 PM
    yeah we also need bloomberg news apps, independents, reuters etc.
    10-25-11 09:32 PM
    Apologies for the newb question, but where exactly do I go to do this? I totally will!
    Just try to follow the steps outlined here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ng-os2-661898/

It's not a rocket science to get apps installed as it may look at the first glance...
    10-25-11 11:05 PM
    Have you tried the WSJ web site? I have the app on my phone and when I go to the web site, all the content on the phone is on the web site. The website works well from the PlayBook.

If the bandwidth of the full site bothers you, you can also access the mobile site from the PlayBook using m.wsj.com .
    The WSJ application downloads the version that day so you can view it when you don't have wifi/internet access. IE: useful on the plane or train. Would be great if this was offered on the playbook.
    10-25-11 11:29 PM
    I've emailed Economist a few times and they currently have no plans for BB or Playbook.
    10-26-11 02:16 PM
    I've emailed Economist a few times and they currently have no plans for BB or Playbook.
    That sucks.
    10-26-11 02:31 PM
    Maybe you could try writing Handmark. They provide the platform/software for a lot of the mobile apps, including WSJ.

Mobile Publishing Platform Overview
    10-26-11 08:00 PM
    Romanys - where did you find the Economist app for android? I finally got around to OS2 and the the Economist app in the Android marketplace says its "incompatible with this version" (no idea why).
    12-14-11 11:09 AM
    An Economist App ?? . Wish it was on app world right about now
    12-14-11 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD