I have a new PB 16GB running os 2.0. All my language and region settings are fine but the app world is the US version even though I am in the UK. Is there a setting I can change to correct this? Or is this because the os 2.0 beta is only designed for US users?

Games that are on sale in the US store are often not on sale here as I found out with Dead Space. It was on sale in the US store for $0.99 but I was billed 10.00. Quite a difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    01-07-12 07:41 AM
    I have a new PB 16GB running os 2.0. All my language and region settings are fine but the app world is the US version even though I am in the UK. Is there a setting I can change to correct this? Or is this because the os 2.0 beta is only designed for US users?

Games that are on sale in the US store are often not on sale here as I found out with Dead Space. It was on sale in the US store for $0.99 but I was billed 10.00. Quite a difference.

Thank you.
    I don't think Dead Space was ever on sale? It shows as 9.99$ in the App World @ Buy Dead Space for BlackBerry PlayBook - Download Dead Space for BlackBerry PlayBook - Buy Games from BlackBerry App World

It looks like you are only seeing the $ symbol in the AW but when you get to payment, you are prompted to pay in (local currency).
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    01-07-12 08:00 AM

Thank you.
    The beta is "designed" for developers so that they can test their apps. If it has any feature that is of interest to consumers, it is a mere coincidence. When you loaded the developers' beta, you agreed to certain terms and conditions, one of which is that RIM is not responsible for providing support if you run into billing an payment problems (or any other problem for that matter).
    01-07-12 09:16 AM
    The beta is "designed" for developers so that they can test their apps.
    But we love it anyway
    For the OP are you sure DS wasn't $9.99 and you got charged 10?? Have seen it on sale for 4.99 but never 0.99 in 's or $$'s...
    01-07-12 11:15 AM
    dead space was on sale in the Us for .99 cents thats what ibought it for but,my question is this...if the Us has more sales than the Uk wouldnt it be like a good kind of problem you are having?
    01-07-12 11:19 AM
    Looking at it, the price I was looking at was for NOVA HD. However, even at $9.99 charging 10.00 is a pretty crappy exchange rate/price for a game. Admittedly it is a brilliant game.

I do understand that the os 2.0 beta is for developers but the benefit to me was ability to sideload Android apps.

I wasn't complaining so much, more looking for a way to change the settings to enable the UK app store. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    01-07-12 05:24 PM
    Looking at it, the price I was looking at was for NOVA HD. However, even at $9.99 charging 10.00 is a pretty crappy exchange rate/price for a game. Admittedly it is a brilliant game.

I do understand that the os 2.0 beta is for developers but the benefit to me was ability to sideload Android apps.

I wasn't complaining so much, more looking for a way to change the settings to enable the UK app store. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    As stated above, you are paying in so the App Store IS the UK app world.

The only problem you face is that you see $ instead of . That is just a graphical glitch in the BETA OS from the sounds of it.

By the way, see my sig re: the crappy exchange rate provided by App World
    01-07-12 05:46 PM
    As stated above, you are paying in so the App Store IS the UK app world.

The only problem you face is that you see $ instead of . That is just a graphical glitch in the BETA OS from the sounds of it.

By the way, see my sig re: the crappy exchange rate provided by App World
    The differences in price have less to do with "crappy exchange rates" and much more to to with what country RIM "thinks" you are connecting from. RIM (not developers) sets different prices depending on where you live (or rather where your IP suggests that you live).

I have taken the liberty of suggesting a new handle for your proxy service. The following wording will make it much clearer why the OP should not be looking for a setting on the device in order to be presented with the correct version of App World.

"Defeat RIM's App World Pricing Policy – Get BlackBerry App World Apps Cheaper by Using a Proxy to Mask Your Real Location - http://wp.me/p1trTO-7z"
    01-07-12 06:39 PM
    The differences in price have less to do with "crappy exchange rates" and much more to to with what country RIM "thinks" you are connecting from. RIM (not developers) sets different prices depending on where you live (or rather where your IP suggests that you live).

I have taken the liberty of suggesting a new handle for your proxy service. The following wording will make it much clearer why the OP should not be looking for a setting on the device in order to be presented with the correct version of App World.

"Defeat RIM's App World Pricing Policy Get BlackBerry App World Apps Cheaper by Using a Proxy to Mask Your Real Location - http://wp.me/p1trTO-7z"
    Yup it has NOTHING to do wit the exchange rates... because it's not doing any!!!
    Can't disagree with that.
    It's a shame RIM prices apps based on where a person lives/strength of the currency or however they do it.
    01-07-12 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD