So, recently i wanted to watch a movie. Megaupload/Megavideo are obviously down, and i didnt want to wait for it to download (it was already late). I also HATE streaming with a passion but i figured id give netflix a chance. figured since streaming is what they do, they have it down to an art/science.

Well, the best thing i can say about Netflix is that they make streaming pain free. i forgot i was streaming a movie while watching it on net flix.

The ONLY other good thing i can say about Netflix is that you can resume watching from where you left off, even from a different device.

Other than that, Netflix is crap.

Where the are all the movies?
    Where are the recent shows? My gf pulled up glee and they wanted to show her season 1...season 3 is almost over!

As for movies, we spent so much freakin time looking for a movie to watch, that it was almost necessary to watch something for it to not be a colossal waste of time. The selection SUCKS. Seriously. there are NO movies where its like "OOH lets watch THAT!"

Its always "how about ..." "eehhhh yea put it in the queue and we'll watch it if we dont find anything better"

TBH i dont think id use this app even if it was available...
    PB_Warrior, 9of13 and fbloise like this.
    04-23-12 04:48 PM
    Not that I really care but some folks don't necc. always want the latest and greatest movies really. Netflix is home to a lot of different stuff that you can't really find elsewhere depending on your tastes. The selection is even worse in Canada but they do at times, pull in some good stuff if you have a broader scope for content.

C'est la vie.
    04-23-12 05:00 PM
    I totally agree that netflix is not worth it... Although being in Canada the selection is pretty bad. I did the 1 month trial and watched everything worth while within the month.
    04-23-12 05:32 PM
    Netflix wasn't bad for me as It was only $8 bucks a month so its pretty
    good for the content offered.
    Now I have AmazonPrime and loving it so far and the best part is
    I can watch them on my PB.
    04-23-12 05:35 PM
    Netflix, Skype apps etc is more of a case that others have and I do not......
    Justthecrack likes this.
    04-23-12 05:37 PM
    I just don't get why its a huge deal to just stream it through Playon. Works fine through the browser. Pay the 7.99 a month for Playon and Playlater and its like a DVR to all your devices. I use it for Hulu,Netflix,TVlinks and a bunch of other channels.
    04-23-12 05:41 PM
    I gave up on Netflix a long time ago and it had nothing to do with the playbook,
    The selection is not very impressive at all. I can get the same garbage on crackle for free.
    taylor96 likes this.
    04-23-12 05:44 PM
    I dumped netflix long before I had my playbook no worries here lol
    04-23-12 05:47 PM
    i pay $5 a month to unblock-us.com to get an always working VPN to get USA netflix.

I cancelled all movie networks on my TV and use netflix to just play stuff in the backgroun at work.

seriously for $13 a month I pay, i feel the service is well worth it,and i use my Logitech revue to watch .
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-23-12 05:54 PM
    Netflix was great when it started because everyone was onboard with them. Now every network and movie company wants to do there own streaming business so now they all suck compared to what netflix WAS. Most customers arent going to pay 10 bills to get content from 10 sources. So netflix is a great idea and they do it well but they gotta keep the big movie companies behind them.
    04-23-12 05:55 PM
    I liked Netflix when I got movies mailed to be AND streaming was free ( included). I like watching tv series and older movies. Don't need the latest.

I have Amazon now.
    04-23-12 06:01 PM
    OP I agree. Just signed up and was disappointed. Though it is worth the price. But as far as selection I prefer Amazon on my Tivo. No streaming but then I just an ahead an hour or two and download.

There are a few obscure good titles. But its not going to take long to see them all.

I do admire how efficient netflix is though. Streams great over 3 mbit dsl for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-23-12 06:04 PM
    This is already known... Netflix is no good for finding recent tv show releases.
    04-23-12 06:06 PM
    i pay $5 a month to unblock-us.com to get an always working VPN to get USA netflix.

I cancelled all movie networks on my TV and use netflix to just play stuff in the backgroun at work.

seriously for $13 a month I pay, i feel the service is well worth it,and i use my Logitech revue to watch .
    That's what I done except stream through appletv2
    Fubaz likes this.
    04-23-12 06:08 PM
    OP if you haven't canceled Netflix yet, check out Lilyhammer; it's (almost) brand new and very popular. (Be patient for the first 20min or so of episode 1 where they set the scene; it takes off after that.)
    bzaruk20 likes this.
    04-23-12 06:18 PM
    I still have Netflix and like it. I don't need it on PlayBook though, enough good things here already.
    blusls likes this.
    04-23-12 06:43 PM
    My subscription is over after tomorrow. They release support for Playbook, and I'll turn it back on. Just told the kids thinking they would freek out, but it wasn't bad.
    04-23-12 07:12 PM
    Netflicks needs to buy Redbox out to tay relevant or Hulu will take over with their much better selection of TV shows etc. I wish the streaming choices were better but all the industry is too caught up in rights and whose making $$$
    offthahorseceo likes this.
    04-23-12 11:31 PM
    Just told the kids thinking they would freek out, but it wasn't bad.
    They probably felt the selection was crappy too...
    04-24-12 09:37 AM
    Not that I really care but some folks don't necc. always want the latest and greatest movies really. Netflix is home to a lot of different stuff that you can't really find elsewhere depending on your tastes. The selection is even worse in Canada but they do at times, pull in some good stuff if you have a broader scope for content.

C'est la vie.
    Ya it all depends on what you want. I have no desire to get the latest movies as soon as they come out. Netflix's library of TV shows alone is well worth the money to me. Especially if you don't have cable, which I haven't for 4 years. But they have an amazing documentary section, and great foreign films as well. They just don't have a lot of new releases. I never have TV on in the background, and I only ever watch a couple of hours a night at the most. So having about 10 TV shows queued up is plenty of content for me, and worth the money.

This isn't really their 'fault' the studios won't give the rights to most films until they have been out for 60 days on BluRay/DVD so that they can try to make more cash of sales. And some studios won't work with Netflix at all. They give a free month trial though, so there is plenty of opportunity to find out about it.
    Last edited by torndownunit; 04-24-12 at 09:50 AM.
    04-24-12 09:45 AM
    I have found that with Netflix, finding content through a device other than a computer (Wii, WDLiveTV, Roku, iPhone, etc) is very difficult and can leave one with the impression that there isn't much there. Yes, some of the content is a little dated however after going through what is there on my laptop (which makes it much easier to browse), I found more content that I want to watch than I can possibly consume anytime soon. As such, Netflix is a good deal for me.

We cut cable, satellite etc. We get about 10 local HD channels over the air (free) and for everything else, we stream. Cut the cord about 2 years ago and haven't regretted it.

Just make sure that you don't have a bandwidth cap from your ISP and you are all set!
    04-24-12 09:50 AM
    I've had Netflix in Canada for about 3 months now and I enjoy it. I personally don' t care if its on the PB but so many people do so I'd like to see it there just for that reason.
    04-24-12 10:01 AM
    I have found that with Netflix, finding content through a device other than a computer (Wii, WDLiveTV, Roku, iPhone, etc) is very difficult and can leave one with the impression that there isn't much there. Yes, some of the content is a little dated however after going through what is there on my laptop (which makes it much easier to browse), I found more content that I want to watch than I can possibly consume anytime soon. As such, Netflix is a good deal for me.

We cut cable, satellite etc. We get about 10 local HD channels over the air (free) and for everything else, we stream. Cut the cord about 2 years ago and haven't regretted it.

Just make sure that you don't have a bandwidth cap from your ISP and you are all set!
    That's a good point. The Apple TV interface actually isn't bad as far as Netflix interfaces go. I still tend to setup my queue lists on the website though. It's much easier to browse through the any of the newly added content that way. The newly added stuff seems to show up in a really weird order an the ATV.
    04-24-12 12:47 PM
    I cancelled my Netflix because they don't support the Playbook.
    04-24-12 12:50 PM
    I cancelled my Netflix because they don't support the Playbook.
    I am not going to 'take a stand' on that issue because a bunch of my favourite apps aren't supported by Playbook, and from emailing the developers they have no plans to make Playbook versions. I not stopping using a huge portion of the apps I use just because there is no Playbook support. I am not going to sit here 'blaming' Netflix, when a bunch of other companies are in the exact same vote. If it gets to be enough of a problem, I'll just have to get another device. Obviously the developers don't see enough benefit in working on an app, and from RIM's rhetoric about how apps don't really matter, obviously RIM isn't going to do anything to encourage any of these companies to develop anything. I don't think cancelling an account over it would do the slightest bit of good.
    Last edited by torndownunit; 04-24-12 at 01:08 PM.
    04-24-12 12:55 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD