View Poll Results: Would you buy this radar application?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I have been waiting for something like this!

45 71.43%
  • No. I have no need for it.

18 28.57%
04-22-12 01:07 PM
54 123
tools
    Update.

As it sets, unless RIM is willing to adjust some of their Terms and Condition for Dev's
    this app will not make it to App World.
    RIM had been working with the author but has since gone silent.

At issue is the liabilities of having to pay for an audit, if RIM wants one, is a little wild.

I am not a Dev nor do I know much about the T&C that is causing an issue. But I would encourage RIM to work with all Dev's in bringing more quality apps to App World.
    Take a good long look at what you're asking someone who is not a cooperation or even an LLC to do and be liable for.

A person not only has to look at how much they might make back and/or the time
    it takes to create or port over and maintain an app but also what the legal ramifications
    could be and the hazards it presents. I feel this one Term is not needed and is probably preventing many "weekend" Devs from working with RIM.

So, for now it's available for sideloading until such time as RIM screws us on that.

Giving someone a PB does not make up for being liable for thousands of dollars should RIM wish to do an audit. (not fines, just the cost of doing it)

Thanks,

Tim
    I was talking to Joe this morning and he mentioned the possibility of RIM closing the sideloading door. Thank god this app runs great on my phone. This app blows RadarScope out of the water.
    04-06-12 02:19 PM
    Not as good a PYKL3 but better than nothing:Toronto, Ontario Forecast

After you set the options save as a bookmark and it will look like this:
    04-08-12 03:10 PM
    Update.

As it sets, unless RIM is willing to adjust some of their Terms and Condition for Dev's

At issue is the liabilities of having to pay for an audit, if RIM wants one, is a little wild.

I am not a Dev nor do I know much about the T&C that is causing an issue. But I would encourage RIM to work with all Dev's in bringing more quality apps to App World.
    Take a good long look at what you're asking someone who is not a cooperation or even an LLC to do and be liable for.

it takes to create or port over and maintain an app but also what the legal ramifications
    could be and the hazards it presents. I feel this one Term is not needed and is probably preventing many "weekend" Devs from working with RIM.

So, for now it's available for sideloading until such time as RIM screws us on that.

Giving someone a PB does not make up for being liable for thousands of dollars should RIM wish to do an audit. (not fines, just the cost of doing it)

Thanks,

Tim
    Where can we get the .bar file to sideload it?
    04-22-12 12:14 PM
    Update.

Thanks,

Tim
    I just looked at the vendor agreement (https://appworld.blackberry.com/isvp...r/reg_terms.do) and I don't understand what you're talking about. Yes, RIM can audit you, but only if they haven't been getting their 30% cut - as you're paid third parties (Digital River and Bango) who keep that 30% back and forward it to RIM themselves, I can't think of any possible way for RIM to NOT get their 30% cut, which means they would have NO reason to want an audit.
    04-22-12 01:07 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD