02-16-13 09:38 AM
27 12
tools
    We are working on a new version of the good e-reader playbook and bb10 app store client. If you use our current app on the phone, it sucks. Its landscape only, and looks terrible. We are going to take our most recent build of our android client and clone it so you can switch orientation from landscape to portrait mode. This will allow you to get the best experience on your playbook or bb10 phone. We will be working on this the next week, so stay tuned.
    cobracam and AGalland like this.
    02-11-13 12:11 AM
    cool, I miss this app. what about Nflix, ya heard anything about it. I remember you from the thread from a year ago...
    02-11-13 12:26 AM
    we updated the app, you can switch between landscape and portrait mode now, so its good for the z10 and playbook.
    02-11-13 10:47 PM
    Koz, a heads up that, over at good e-reader, there's a huge problem now with sideloading any Android apps! An error message appears under 'Static,' which says: "failure 500 unpack requires a string argument of length 22." I, literally, cannot install any app onto my Z10 or PB now and I'm not alone. Can you help?
    02-14-13 09:00 PM
    Koz, a heads up that, over at good e-reader, there's a huge problem now with sideloading any Android apps! An error message appears under 'Static,' which says: "failure 500 unpack requires a string argument of length 22." I, literally, cannot install any app onto my Z10 or PB now and I'm not alone. Can you help?
    I am receiving the same...i tried 5 different apps that i was trying to update. I am able to sideload the old app, but not the newer versions (usatoday for example).
    02-14-13 10:03 PM
    Does anyone else have this failure 500 problem. I feel like 10% of people are having problems (myself included) and no one else will address them. I cannot sideload any app from ddpb, playbook app manager, etc. Nothing works?

Always:
    "Install Speedtest.net_2.0.9.bar: failure 500 unpack requires a string argument of length 22"
    02-15-13 10:52 AM
    For further testing...

I have two computers, one with XP 32bit, and another with Win7 64. Tried both computers with ddpb and Playbook app manager and both fail.

On the Win7 computer I have completely removed every trace of Java. Then re-installed both the 32bit and 64bit JRE versions of Java.

The XP computer has java up to date as well.

Both give the same failure message to my Playbook and my Z10.
    02-15-13 11:49 AM
    I am getting the same failure 500 error. Nothing will load on my Z10. Very disappointing.
    02-15-13 01:28 PM
    Same problem here.
    02-15-13 05:22 PM
    Ditto.

Any ideas?
    02-15-13 05:31 PM
    Installing it with localbar2 fails as well with the same error.
    02-15-13 06:48 PM
    More info here on this topic read what i posted.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...es-z10-772521/
    02-15-13 07:09 PM
    Here is a QUOTE from someone else online:

I have the .1526 update. I tried installing the latest es file explorer from the good reader web site using both the chrome sideload method and the DDPB method. It used to work & doesn't now. I get the infamous "failure 500 unpack requires a string argument of length 22". I also tried it with another app & that failed as well when sourced from that site.

HOWEVER... I got hold of a .apk (for version 1.6.2.5) from APKTOP and put that through apk2bar.unker.net. The resulting .bar installed OK using the chrome sideload method. So you can still sideload android apps but not those from the goodreader. Will investigate further.
    02-15-13 07:14 PM
    02-15-13 07:15 PM
    Ok update:::::

It is the files from Goodereader i got .bar files from another site and all works OK
    02-15-13 07:33 PM
    give me an example of a file that wont load and ill test it.
    02-15-13 08:43 PM
    i tried 5 last nite...usatoday, es file explorer, picasa tool, dolphin browser, mint....they all failed...i didn't try them today. i have older versions of these same bar files that i downloaded previously. i was able to sideload them
    02-15-13 09:58 PM
    i tried all of these on 2 old playbooks and one we just bought today. they all worked fine.
    02-15-13 10:13 PM
    strange...i just deleted the bar files that i dl'ed last nite, and redownloaded them, and tried to sideload them again. failed. i can download older bar files w/o issue. btw, i am sideloading from a pc. i am on a wifi pb, os 2.1.0.1526
    02-15-13 10:22 PM
    How to Fix the Blackbery Playbook and Z10 500 Unpack Error | Good E-Reader - ebook Reader and Digital Publishing News

btw: 2.1.0.1526 is causing mad issues with side loading, we are seeing NONE on our dev units, but this is the root cause of anyone experiencing issues.
    02-15-13 10:24 PM
    well, i just redownloaded the 5 files and now they are sideloading. i changed nothing on my pc. i deleted them from within ddpb as well as on my hard drive. can you explain how older bar files worked? Thanx for testing.
    02-15-13 10:31 PM
    Getting the 500 error when trying to sideload to z10. File attempting is BBC-News-4.bar, downloaded about an hour ago, any thoughts? running it on osx.
    02-15-13 10:41 PM
    well, i just redownloaded the 5 files and now they are sideloading. i changed nothing on my pc. i deleted them from within ddpb as well as on my hard drive. can you explain how older bar files worked? Thanx for testing.
    you are running windows 8 and the latest os on your playbook? download the bar, right click, click unblock try loading the app, if it fails, are you coping over an old app with a new one, or a totally new app, never installed? try also uninstalling blackberry link.
    02-15-13 10:42 PM
    you are running windows 8 and the latest os on your playbook? download the bar, right click, click unblock try loading the app, if it fails, are you coping over an old app with a new one, or a totally new app, never installed? try also uninstalling blackberry link.
    i am running win7x64 w/ pb on 2.1.0.1526. i removed all of the older apps from my playbook originally. i then grabbed new bar files from the site, but was unsuccessful in sideloading. i redownloaded the bar files and just overwrite the ones on my harddrive, but was still unable to sideload. i then deleted the bar files from my hard drive and also used the delete function within ddpb. i then redownloaded them from the site and they sideloaded successfully. my pc is up to date with all windows updates, so nothing changed there. i was always able to sideload the older bar files that i had saved from a few months back....i had used those to validate that i could indeed still sideload.
    02-15-13 10:53 PM
    try following my tutorial with the chrome plugin
    02-15-13 10:55 PM
27 12