cant get flixster to install
    07-21-11 06:14 PM
    Pandora 1.5.7 works as well! Hangs a bit upon sign in, but it loads up after that and works flawlessly.
    07-21-11 06:15 PM
    Winamp 1.0.3 works
    winamp103.apk
    07-21-11 06:19 PM
    07-21-11 06:20 PM
    How exactly do you put the .apk app files onto the PB so they run in the Android Player?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    arieh likes this.
    Not so crazy... expected, in fact. The Android Player is integrated into the PlayBook, so it maps things like notifications to the right place. I think they even told us that when they pre-announced this. Also handles (in principle, even if a given item is not working yet) camera, audio, GPS, and on and on: access_internet,access_shared,use_camera,set_audio _volume,play_audio,record_audio,post_notification, read_geolocation,read_device_identifying_informati on,allow_android_player
    Peter, have you tried packaging up an APK into a bar with a blackberry-tablet.xml (along with the allow_android_player permission), signing and seeing if it will deploy like a normal bar?
    Are you guys downloading Advanced Task Killer? Why?
    07-21-11 06:22 PM
    Has anyone tried Netflix?

So how how will this affect RIM and their App signing Process? It's good for Android devs as it looks like they may be able to sell their apps but not worry about paying RIM fees.

If any of you guys have a web cam. Can you make a video of different apps and upload it to youtube? I'd like to see these apps running
    07-21-11 06:25 PM
    has anyone tried side loading the android market?

latest android market

com.android.vending-1.apk
    Works, but asks to put an account on the phone. Yes or No and it kicks you out.
    07-21-11 06:26 PM
    How will they sell the apps? I am curious as to how the process works.
    07-21-11 06:28 PM
    Anyone try slingplayer?

07-21-11 06:29 PM
    I did to see if apps are still running after I swipe out of them. Most apps are still running and I'm too lazy at the moment to figure out how to get back to them or close them.
    07-21-11 06:30 PM
    How will they sell the apps? I am curious as to how the process works.
    BB App World. Hence the need to repackage and sign Android apps

I did to see if apps are still running after I swipe out of them. Most apps are still running and I'm too lazy at the moment to figure out how to get back to them or close them.
    Swipe top bezel down, opens up the android menu, should be able to close from there.
    07-21-11 06:31 PM
    Swipe top bezel down, opens up the android menu, should be able to close from there.
    All it shows is the "Set Home View" button?
    07-21-11 06:33 PM
    All it shows is the "Set Home View" button?
    While in the app. Outside of app, not sure. You'd have to go to the task manager. Or quit out of android app.
    07-21-11 06:34 PM
    Thanks.

It's not needed on Android. I wonder if it is needed here.
    07-21-11 06:35 PM
    Nook 2.0 just crashes. Downloaded it from here:

nook.apk anyone? - SlateDroid.com
    07-21-11 06:37 PM
    How you guys getting these apps and repackaging them to try? i wouldnt mind trying to find a few myself?
    07-21-11 06:38 PM
    How you guys getting these apps and repackaging them to try? i wouldnt mind trying to find a few myself?
    Download the APK files in the OP, then read this: How to Sideload Android Apps for PlayBook Android Player (Netflix Example) - BerryReview
    07-21-11 06:40 PM
    So do you guys/girls think that we will eventually be able to run Android apps independent of the player :-) or will we always have to load the player then the app?!

07-21-11 06:42 PM
    So do you guys/girls think that we will eventually be able to run Android apps independent of the player :-) or will we always have to load the player then the app?!

I don't think that will ever be possible. The apps must be run in their native environment. I wouldn't count on Google allowing Android apps to be run in a fashion that would make them appear to be native Playbook apps.
    07-21-11 06:43 PM
    I tried the SiriusXM apk from here https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=SruG9cz7 but after I put in my login info it just sits there at "checking for updates"
    K Bear likes this.
    07-21-11 06:46 PM
    After side loading mine, when i click to start it... the black screen comes on but than it just crashes and turns off. Any ideas? Runnin the os before the new one, havent gotten around to updating yet
    Last edited by Xavior; 07-21-11 at 06:53 PM.
    07-21-11 06:50 PM
    YEAH!!!
    Yahoo Messenger v1.4 works! FINALLY on the PlayBook!

Downloading the file 1307093794_Yahoo_Messenger_1.4.apk ...
    simonla likes this.
    07-21-11 06:50 PM
    Mine just crashes after side load when trying to open it up. You guys runnin the latest os before trying this? does it matter?
    07-21-11 06:57 PM
542 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD