Finally found a great Words With Friends alternative. The game is Fightin' Words. Like in Words With Friends, you play a live either random opponent or friend. Good graphics and works great. Check it out...

Fightin' Words | Created by InterWorks
    06-14-11 02:16 PM
    How do you place the letters? Click and then place via trackpad?
    06-14-11 02:57 PM
    I really enjoy Words With Friends. Unfortunately I need a version that is cross-platform. Something that can be played on a PC, iOS, BB Phone, and PB.
    06-14-11 04:07 PM
    I prefer playing Scrabble on Facebook. It's about the only thing i go there for.
    06-14-11 04:09 PM
    @Pdelong, you choose the location on the board and the direction to play the word and then you type it into your phone. Much faster than choosing and placing each word with the trackpad. Once you get used to it, it's very fast.
    06-14-11 04:22 PM
    @dcscott We are working on it, BlackBerry was our first platform because we are BlackBerry users. Android version will be out soon, web version is coming after that, and IPhone will be last.

Words With Friends on Android is not nearly as good as it is on IPhone, not sure what happened there, seems like maybe Zynga rushed it out after they bought it out.
    06-14-11 04:33 PM
    Why is this thread in the PLAYBOOK Apps and Games forum? It appears to be for BB handsets...
    06-14-11 04:50 PM
    Word Rival is an awesome WWF alternative. It's on roughly every platform I know of.. Including both Playbook and blackberry OS.
    06-14-11 05:14 PM
    @dcscott We are working on it, BlackBerry was our first platform because we are BlackBerry users. Android version will be out soon, web version is coming after that, and IPhone will be last.

Words With Friends on Android is not nearly as good as it is on IPhone, not sure what happened there, seems like maybe Zynga rushed it out after they bought it out.
    WWF on Andriod is absolutely horrible, at least on my Xoom:

1. bottom of the players letters are cut off. Can't tell if it's an E or F, B or R, etc. You either need to look at the # on the tile or move it upward a bit to see
    2. can't see TW/DW/TL/DL tiles when a letter is on top
    3. horrible refresh rate. Takes upwards of 5 minutes to receive the other players move. Confirmed because I was playing my cousin on his iPod...right beside me. Who received my moves instantly, but I didn't receive his.
    4. same goes for the game chat area
    5. doesn't notify me when a play has been made and i'm in another app (about 50% of the time)
    6. if i delete an old game...all deleted games will magically appear again 2 weeks later saying I have 'x' amount of 'new' messages in that game.
    7. horrible tile movement lag
    8. when either 'swapping' or using a blank tile, the screen to choose a new letter has ALL letters shifted to the right (so a column is out of the "box" the letters are in....plus!...the letters don't even fit in the box! you literally can't tell if it's a B or R, E or F, O or Q, etc. It's in alpha order mind you, but still....

I've emailed Zynga about this. Their response...."Have you re-installed the game? or tried rebooting your Xoom?"

*insert Picard fasepalm here*

This seems to be typical Zynga though. Put out a game, don't address anything. That's why I stopped playing Mafia Wars. Didn't realize WWF was Zynga until I downloaded it or else I wouldn't have.
    06-14-11 05:24 PM
    Why is this posted under Playbook forum?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-11 05:37 PM
    look at ops post count & go easy
    06-14-11 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD