Hey all,

Last week I implemented a PlayBook app to allow you to wirelessly sunc your iTunes collection to your PlayBook. It's pretty sweet: Download a new song on your PC, then when you're on your PlayBook, hit 'Sync' and it grabs the new song(s). (assuming you're at home on your own WiFi network) If you're like me, plugging your PlayBook in and doing wired syncs just isn't fun... there's something very pleasing about being able to do this with one click from your PlayBook.

Anyway, it has been about 8 days the app hasn't been approved yet on App World. Sometimes it seems to take forever for them to approve things.

While I'm impatiently waiting, I was wondering if there might be 2-3 people willing to beta test the app. The app involves installing a small program on your Windows PC, and thus there is the potential for Windows firewall issues, and I'm curious to see if the thing even works out of the box for people. (It does for me, but if I've learned anything in the last 15 years writing apps, what works on one person's PC doesn't always work on another)

If you're interested, and you have the ability to install BAR files, let me know, and I'll PM you to get your email address so that I can email you the BAR file.

Thanks!
    11-24-11 11:01 AM
    I'm game to test it out. Have an XP machine to test it on. Also, r u planning on a mac version at all? I have one of those to test too.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    11-24-11 12:11 PM
    If you have a mac capable version i will test that out as my itunes music and movies and such are all on my mac. not my PC
    11-24-11 12:27 PM
    I'm game to test it out. Have an XP machine to test it on. Also, r u planning on a mac version at all? I have one of those to test too.

Great! Please send a private message to me with your email address and I'll send it along.

I may tackle a Mac version later, but for now it's Windows PC only.
    11-24-11 12:34 PM
    If you have a mac capable version i will test that out as my itunes music and movies and such are all on my mac. not my PC
    Unfortunately I haven't written a Mac client yet. Hopefully in the future. Thanks!
    11-24-11 12:35 PM
    Pm sent

11-25-11 03:47 AM
    Hey all,

Looks like App World finally approved iTunes Sync. You can grab it here:

Buy iTunes Sync - Download iTunes Sync - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Thank you to those that helped beta test!
    11-25-11 07:01 AM
    Hey all,

Looks like App World finally approved iTunes Sync. You can grab it here:

Buy iTunes Sync - Download iTunes Sync - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Thank you to those that helped beta test!
    Congrats ! Best of luck.

Looks like a cool idea !
    danielbigham likes this.
    11-25-11 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD