Does anyone know if we will lose game progress when the 2.0 update comes out? I just beat Angry Birds Rio and am now working on normal Angry Birds...but I don't want to lose all of my precious work!

(some sarcasm here, of course, but seriously...anyone?)
    02-02-12 10:22 AM
    Oh damn.
    Good bye spiderman,deadspace,mc2,angrybirds,cut the rope, and some others ...
    My 2k fruit slice scores...

Hope we won't lose them xD
    02-02-12 10:23 AM
    Front Runner is probably the worst...it takes FOREVER to rebuild your weapons, speed, etc!
    02-02-12 10:45 AM
    Does anyone know if we will lose game progress when the 2.0 update comes out? I just beat Angry Birds Rio and am now working on normal Angry Birds...
    i beat original angry birds last week ( levels all 3-stars plus 26 golden eggs ) and have now started RIO...we've taken the opposite approach to the bird games..lol
    02-02-12 11:41 AM
    ya all the cars i bought in asphalt6 would suck to stsrt over. lol looking forward to the update anyway I guess. i need my double space for period.
    02-02-12 01:17 PM
    To answer your original question - they dont want you to lose this data. BUT. A lot of you will.

If you sideloaded Android for OS1 at any point - you will need to security wipe.
    If you slideloaded any faulty apps that corrupted your backups - you will need to security wipe.
    If the update does not work as expected - you will need to security wipe.

Just sayin

Ed.
    02-02-12 01:29 PM
    Isn't there some way to make back ups of save files or does it not work that way??
    02-02-12 01:38 PM
    i restored my "app data" and settings for dead space/mc2/asphalt6 and agry birds to mention a few.. did this on a new pb with my old pbs files.. all went well but absoulty no saved games from any game were restored :/ just installed everything as if never played.. thats my expierence anyway hope it helps
    02-02-12 03:22 PM
    The normal upgrade process will keep all your progress.

The only catch is if you did something unsupported, for example installing the leaked Android player, then you may have to wipe. If you've used it the way you're supposed to (apps from App World, haven't installed the OS 2.0 beta, etc) then you'll be fine.
    02-02-12 03:33 PM
    OHHHH MYYYY GOOOODDDD

that would be horrible and I would never upgrade to OS 2.0 in this case!!! Chrono Triiiigerrrrr
    02-02-12 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD