I know this is probably a dumb question, but if I upgrade my playbook will my apps and games still work? Do I just re-download them from app world? I have never done a major OS upgrade before. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
    02-21-12 07:51 PM
    mine all stayed, saved games all there,

if you update over the air (OTA) it should not delete anything (even if you were on a beta 2.0)

if you peform a security swipe, or downgraded to a previous 1.0.8 os then most likely the data has been lost unless you backed up the playbook on your computer
    catberryday likes this.
    02-21-12 07:55 PM
    mine all stayed, saved games all there,

if you update over the air (OTA) it should not delete anything (even if you were on a beta 2.0)

if you peform a security swipe, or downgraded to a previous 1.0.8 os then most likely the data has been lost unless you backed up the playbook on your computer
    Thanks! I have never done a security wipe and hope I never have to. I am running the current version before OS 2 so hopefully all will go well.
    02-21-12 08:07 PM
    if your really paranoid, just perform a backup first

then if your 2.0 install goes all whacko, you still have your backup
    02-21-12 08:10 PM
    Yes all *should* go well. Security wiping would actually introduce MORE work for you after the fact, having to load data & apps back on.

You may be prompted after instaling 2.0 though, that you need to update a few apps.
    02-21-12 08:10 PM
    Made a thread about this just an hour after launch...
    confirmed that apps WILL work.

USE THE SEARCH to get fast answers and to NOT clutter the forums
    02-21-12 08:42 PM
    OS2 just moved in & took over, no changes to apps or games. Seamless joints.
    02-21-12 08:50 PM
    Made a thread about this just an hour after launch...
    confirmed that apps WILL work.

USE THE SEARCH to get fast answers and to NOT clutter the forums
    I did do a search but nothing came up to answer my question. Most of the threads that did come were related to android apps and questions about those and did not apply. Other threads had no relation at all to my question. I certainly try not to start unnecessary threads.
    02-21-12 09:03 PM
    2:30 this morning I went thru and started every app I had and they all worked lol
    02-21-12 09:23 PM
    I did do a search but nothing came up to answer my question. Most of the threads that did come were related to android apps and questions about those and did not apply. Other threads had no relation at all to my question. I certainly try not to start unnecessary threads.
    If thats true im sorry.
    but the answer is still the same, your apps should surely be there just as before.
    02-21-12 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD