Okay, so while I was impatiently waiting for OS2 to be released unveiled at Devcon, Gameloft and EA surprised us all with a slew of great games. Not exactly a mountain of choice, but finally the Playbook was good for gaming in the hands of a Joe Bloggs consumer like myself. My wishes for a native release of Eternal Legacy were even met a week later, alongside Spiderman (which I avoided on iOS but actually it's a lot of fun).

So, off I loaded my PB with movies, music, games and books and finally it feels like a tablet should.

But since the announcement that the Tablet OS 2.0 was to be delayed til February, releases from AAA companies like EA and Gameloft have all but disappeared. Will we see more games from EA and Gameloft before February, or have we had a few to1keep us ticking over until after Christmas? I hope not...

Either way, there's enough multi-functionality in OS1 to keep me going until then, but here's hoping RIM can entice some more big name games from mobile games developers.
    None of us want to fully rely on the Android app store when it comes, do we?
    11-02-11 02:14 PM
    There were a few Marmalade and Union games released today and yesterday. Maybe not AAA, but good stuff.
    KermEd likes this.
    11-02-11 05:04 PM
    Companies release in bulk Its normal. They'd be on hold either way right now.
    11-02-11 06:49 PM
    Companies release in bulk Its normal. They'd be on hold either way right now.
    Companies also normally acknowledge the fact that they do publish games for a platform - something to which has not yet occurred for Gameloft. Email addressed to the company continue to be responded with "we do not currently support the Playbook platform"; tweets to Gameloft are responded to in kind. Even on their official forums, while there is currently one exception, are met with similar responses.

I'm not saying that this should be taken that Gameloft will not currently continue to release games for the Playbook, but it is rather odd to see a major company, in the majority of their communications - whether by website, email, twitter, or facebook - deny that they support the Playbook.
    11-02-11 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD