Just asking. I know they had 1000's of app submission. so, I'm just wondering what's the hold up?

Are they waiting for 3 an 4G models to roll out, because they know folks can use the PB without any internet issues?

P.S WtH is taking so long for Angry Birds to come to PB? I got an iphone and I'm hooked! If only I can have it on my PB......WOW. The app process seems worse then the bureaucracy of the US Congress
    05-08-11 11:57 PM
    Who told you there's 1000's of apps in backlog?

I do agree that the app vetting process sucks monkey balls b.t.w.
    05-09-11 12:38 AM
    Who told you there's 1000's of apps in backlog?

I do agree that the app vetting process sucks monkey balls b.t.w.
    Pre launch they said they had over 5k+, at launch they said around 3k+. I know they must have a lot.

Anyone know how long does it takes RIM to approve your app?
    05-09-11 12:43 AM
    Pre launch they said they had over 5k+, at launch they said around 3k+. I know they must have a lot.

Anyone know how long does it takes RIM to approve your app?
    Not sure about new apps, but a friend's update to his app stayed in the approval queue for almost 2wks.
    05-09-11 04:16 PM
    Our Apps (IceyApps) are taking between 4 week and 3 days, I submited one two weeks ago and then another a few days later, the second was accepted within 4 days, the other I am still waiting on.
    We don't know why there is a difference in time, but it's annoying, I would expect a week max turn around.
    05-09-11 04:21 PM
    i make apps for bb phone and they take 3 weeks to approve. i almost forget that i did a project but thankfully they remind me with a mail saying its approved lol. FYI, there are more than 20,000 apps ready for playbook. idk what theyre upto
    05-09-11 04:27 PM
    I like the way they release a few each day. It makes everyday christmas.
    05-09-11 05:17 PM
    Our Apps (IceyApps) are taking between 4 week and 3 days, I submited one two weeks ago and then another a few days later, the second was accepted within 4 days, the other I am still waiting on.
    We don't know why there is a difference in time, but it's annoying, I would expect a week max turn around.
    The one that's taken "weeks" to get approval wouldn't be related to the things that RIM is trying to get out would it?

Native cal, email, BBM, and other PIM items? If so, don't hold your breath, RIM will hold it up indefinitly until they get theirs ready, IMO.
    05-09-11 05:18 PM
    is there a way to check daily releases of new apps?
    05-28-11 09:14 PM
    is there a way to check daily releases of new apps?
    For my time zone, Pacific, it seems that every night around 7 - 8 pm, there are no releases added. I simply log on to App World and see another new 10-25 apps.
    05-28-11 09:46 PM
    i just hope they eventually cut the evaluation period in half even. this is rediculouse if they are holding back apps for any reason. not say go and release every little thing instantly because that will open you up to issues. makes me wonder if they have one person doing the evalualtion. they need to sack the guy who does the blackberry tour, sack the guy who thought that was a good idea, sack the guy who came up with the idea, sack the janitor who didn't tell them they were idiots, and sack the guy who does the sacking for not sacking them before they were hired.
    Snoke likes this.
    05-29-11 07:18 AM
    i just hope they eventually cut the evaluation period in half even. this is rediculouse if they are holding back apps for any reason. not say go and release every little thing instantly because that will open you up to issues. makes me wonder if they have one person doing the evalualtion. they need to sack the guy who does the blackberry tour, sack the guy who thought that was a good idea, sack the guy who came up with the idea, sack the janitor who didn't tell them they were idiots, and sack the guy who does the sacking for not sacking them before they were hired.
    I like the cut of your jib son !!
    05-29-11 10:04 AM
    For my time zone, Pacific, it seems that every night around 7 - 8 pm, there are no releases added. I simply log on to App World and see another new 10-25 apps.
    How can you tell what is new? i sometimes see same apps coming back. Sorry
    i am new to app world and not sure how it works.

Thank you.
    05-29-11 10:06 AM
    Recently added section of app world.
    05-29-11 11:33 AM
    I like the cut of your jib son !!
    good thing i listened to the pod cast i almost thought for a second "wait he wants to do what to my what?!" but then i remembered :P
    05-29-11 11:39 AM
    The author of this forum post has been sacked. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
    technomensch likes this.
    05-29-11 12:45 PM
    Haha definitely worth the quick read

It's Blackberry though. It has to be secure. Think about it guys, not much room for error, so the delays make sense, at least to a certain extent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-11 09:36 PM
    Haha definitely worth the quick read

It's Blackberry though. It has to be secure. Think about it guys, not much room for error, so the delays make sense, at least to a certain extent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    if its protecting there asses then fine, i just wish they would make some press releases saying "yep we got :::insert app name here::: but we are just making sure everthing is safe and you should see it in app world around ::::insert reasonable date here::::." or make a soon to be appearing tab on app world with a eta. but what ever well see it when we see it.
    what would **** me off to no end if rim and amazon are fighting over money keeping it back. i dont think so though because we got the kindle app for our phones.
    05-30-11 07:21 AM
    Yeah, but Amazon produced the BB phone versions before all this speculation that Amazon will be releasing its own Tablet. Could they hold back a pb version to encourage sales of their rumored tab? Only speculation but it is possible. Or if there's truth to the idea that if the app "sells books" rim might want a cut of those sales???
    05-30-11 08:03 AM
    Yeah, but Amazon produced the BB phone versions before all this speculation that Amazon will be releasing its own Tablet. Could they hold back a pb version to encourage sales of their rumored tab? Only speculation but it is possible. Or if there's truth to the idea that if the app "sells books" rim might want a cut of those sales???
    the rumored tabs wont launch for another 6 months i bet, it would be silly for them to drag there feet on some stuff that would rake in a few extra bucks. people will still buy the tablet either way. but who knows whats going on because no ones saying much about anything.
    05-30-11 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD