why is there no media players developed for playing music on our playbooks?

the player that is integeate needs help....doesnt remember where you were or eve what track it was on with limited options for viewing.

all the media/music players are web-based and require internet access, making them not very usefull when traveling where there is no wifi.

if there is a dev out there reading this that can make a good player with option and good gui, id be happy to pay for it.

anyone else in the same boat?
    05-25-11 12:18 AM
    I have about 100 songs sync'd to my PB and the native app sorts by song titles, artists, albums and Genres. I also have converted two hi def movies to mp4 that can be played in the video file. I'm not sure what the issue you're having? Perhaps you just need to load your music and/or videos into the PB and then you can watch them on the road without wi-fi...
    05-25-11 12:33 AM
    I have over 8G of music loaded on my PB with 3G of Videos and I haven't had any issues. I would like to help but I don't understand what issue you have with the native players. They work well for me and can't think of any improvements I would need or would like to have.

If we are start taking about native spell check, well then that is a very different story!!!
    05-25-11 01:41 AM
    i have about 8 gb of audio loaded.

the videos dont matter much to, but the audio is important

as in the post, it doesnt remember the track or the location in the track if you close the app or turn off the pb.

graphically, it needs some help.

if it would at least have the track/location memory, the gui doesnt matter so much.

this is important because you cannot just leave off where you were. so, if you are listening to any type of training audio, books, or even you music, you have to find the track ghen remember where you left off and scroll to it.
    05-25-11 01:43 AM
    i have about 8 gb of audio loaded.

the videos dont matter much to, but the audio is important

as in the post, it doesnt remember the track or the location in the track if you close the app or turn off the pb.

graphically, it needs some help.

if it would at least have the track/location memory, the gui doesnt matter so much.

this is important because you cannot just leave off where you were. so, if you are listening to any type of training audio, books, or even you music, you have to find the track ghen remember where you left off and scroll to it.
    Well if you turn off a regular CD player it won't remember the track either. I know my car CD player does, but I think it's a different set up... I mean if I switch to the radio then go back to my CD it'll remember the track I was on, but it won't remember it if I load another CD...

If you don't close your music app you should be able to maintain your last position.

I've just tried it with my PB. I started a song, paused it, left the music app open and let my PB timed out (goes to sleep) I woke my PB up and the song is still paused at the exact position.

I'm not seeing any issues with my CD covers. They all showed up great and looks great... I like the pull down menu on top and then swiping it to get to your next album.

With the fact that it's supposed to be a multitasker you can open up a few different apps and it won't crash the regular browser.

Currently I have music, docs, excel and Kobo open and my PB hasn't broken out in a sweat.
    05-25-11 02:36 AM
    It would be nice if the video player, at least, did remember your location. If not in multiple movies, at least, the last one you were viewing.
    05-25-11 09:24 AM
    It would be nice if the video player, at least, did remember your location. If not in multiple movies, at least, the last one you were viewing.
    That would be nice, but if you close your app it does what a pulled out a DVD from your DVD player would do (well at least on mine ). It won't remember it. The only solution is to just pause it and not close the app.

I think we're expecting it to do stuff that "normal" players wouldn't do anyhow... like mark where we last were. This isn't a cassette tape (hmm, dating myself now! LOL )
    05-25-11 11:24 AM
    What would be cool is if the music player had an equalizer and maybe visualizations while the music plays. I know the blackberry phones have that option to some degree with the equalizer so why not the playbook. And another thing would be the ability to open .wpl playlists. it only opens up .m3u,which kind of sucks because windows media player saves them as .wpl.
    05-25-11 01:30 PM
    What drives me crazy about the music player (and maybe I'm missing something) is that the little progress bar down the bottom which shows the album art and song title & album title doesn't show the artist name. I have over 20gb of music on my PB and listen to it on random shuffle so it's extremely annoying to hear a song and not be able to quickly see who sings it. The only work around I've found is to swipe down from the upper left to show the "home screen bar" (the one with the clock) and then tap the music control (which shows artist and song name). Since I use it every day, it's starting to become very, very annoying even though it's a small issue.
    05-25-11 02:34 PM
    What drives me crazy about the music player (and maybe I'm missing something) is that the little progress bar down the bottom which shows the album art and song title & album title doesn't show the artist name. I have over 20gb of music on my PB and listen to it on random shuffle so it's extremely annoying to hear a song and not be able to quickly see who sings it. The only work around I've found is to swipe down from the upper left to show the "home screen bar" (the one with the clock) and then tap the music control (which shows artist and song name). Since I use it every day, it's starting to become very, very annoying even though it's a small issue.
    I'm looking at mine and it shows the band and the CD title and above it I can see the name of the singer because the bar is on the CD/Title that is currently playing. I don't have it on the home screen bar. If I tap the down arrow next to the artist that's currently on it brings up what CD/Artist and track is on next...
    05-25-11 05:05 PM
    If you tap the album art it brings up the artwork and album tracks. Hope this helps.
    05-25-11 05:24 PM
    What would be cool is if the music player had an equalizer and maybe visualizations while the music plays.
    Heck yeah, and I'm pretty sure something like this could easily be ported over to the PB. (Open this on your PB to see how it runs)
    Revolt!

Dude is even kind enough to share the source:
    Revolt, actionscript 3 based spectrum analyzer source released – Antti Kupila
    05-25-11 06:45 PM
    Heck yeah, and I'm pretty sure something like this could easily be ported over to the PB. (Open this on your PB to see how it runs)
    Revolt!

Dude is even kind enough to share the source:
    Revolt, actionscript 3 based spectrum analyzer source released � Antti Kupila
    It's pretty cool, thanks. Now if I can figure out how to remove the sound from it we're in business. lol
    05-25-11 07:43 PM
    I'm looking at mine and it shows the band and the CD title and above it I can see the name of the singer because the bar is on the CD/Title that is currently playing. I don't have it on the home screen bar. If I tap the down arrow next to the artist that's currently on it brings up what CD/Artist and track is on next...
    The problem is, once it goes to the next song on random shuffle, the "bar" doesn't update.

When I press the little arrow next to the album art it shows other songs by that artist and the album art but never says the artist's name. Sometimes that's enough but i have a lot of random stuff in 20gb and there may only be one song.
    05-25-11 08:23 PM
    If you tap the album art it brings up the artwork and album tracks. Hope this helps.
    Thanks. I've tried that too but then it's another swipe down from the top to go back to the "all music".

With all the room on the progress bar, I just wish they'd thrown the artist down there too like pretty much every music player I've ever used. It's not the end of the world, just annoying.
    05-25-11 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD