just my two cents...

i synced my two google accounts and one hotmail account to my bb9700 and, like it's happened to me before (and to others as well), i've somehow ended up with a crap-ton of duplicate contacts and it's crazy frustrating.

and that's why i quickly appreciated having my contact book bridged to my playbook vice having a completely separate and native app for it -- i couldn't imagine having duplicates across two devices let alone trying to simply manage all those contacts! (not saying that would happen on my playbook but it made me think, "what if?")

so, as i delete my accounts to resync and reshuffle and set straight what contacts are suppose to be on my blackberry, it made me think that maybe RIM was on to something with their crazy logic...
    jamesbondOO7 and alnamvet68 like this.
    12-05-11 08:52 AM
    Makes sense, except to those who, who, oh never mind.
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-05-11 09:08 AM
    When it is simple, it is usually cleverly thought out....
    It just f***ing makes sense!
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-05-11 09:38 AM
    The bridge is highly underrated, in my opinion. All people can seem to be able to focus on is what the PB can't do without a BB phone but not what it can do with one. But as so many have pointed out before, it's all in the way RIM did NOT market it. I really hoping they do better with the re-release.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    12-05-11 11:01 AM
    I recently told someone in a survey that the bridge was the best thing since sliced bread. It is, hands down. After moving, and having issues getting my internet transferred over, (the new place had a hard disconnect) I am finding myself the only one not jonesing over the internet. I get everything I want, except appworld updates, which in some cases is meh.
    12-05-11 11:14 AM
    I recently told someone in a survey that the bridge was the best thing since sliced bread. It is, hands down. After moving, and having issues getting my internet transferred over, (the new place had a hard disconnect) I am finding myself the only one not jonesing over the internet. I get everything I want, except appworld updates, which in some cases is meh.
    Me too ... well, something about as flattering. Mine came in particularly handy when Irene blew her nose all over southern New England and left us without power for a week. Found one of the last micro-USB car chargers in the state and also charged it up at work, then bridged to get all my important information at home.
    12-05-11 05:26 PM
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - with a phone, Outlook, Gmail, Hotmail, etc... who wants yet another set of mailboxes and accounts to synchronise? More duplicates, more wondering "which contact list and calendar is most up to date".. etc....

Syncing my phone with Outlook is one thing. Two things in two places both kept current and up to date. If the PlayBook had native contacts and calendar, I'd have to first remember which device is the most up to date and sync that with my computer, then sync the third device so I don't overwrite something.

Or.. if my phone and Outlook are synced but the PlayBook hasn't been, you first have to check your phone before you add an appointment into the PlayBook.

I only hope that once RIM forces native email, contacts and calendar onto us, they are smart enough to have the native app load and display data from the phone within the native application.
    Barljo likes this.
    12-05-11 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD