Just had a thought... RIM should remove the "Recently Updated" tab in AppWorld and replace it with an "On Sale" tab.

Seems like it would be a lot more useful, especially since Apps should be sending notifications when they're ready to be updated.
    collapsed and BSFA2008 like this.
    01-27-12 08:59 AM
    That'd be great :d
    01-27-12 09:07 AM
    Just had a thought... RIM should remove the "Recently Updated" tab in AppWorld and replace it with an "On Sale" tab.

Seems like it would be a lot more useful, especially since Apps should be sending notifications when they're ready to be updated.
    My own app is now in the "Recently Updated" tab and my sales have improved markedly because of it.

There are a couple of reasons that I would like the tab to remain:
    1. People who do not own the app will not be notified but might be interested in buying an app that's been improved.
    2. Most apps are never on sale. It is difficult to charge lower than $0.99 for an app and make any money by selling it.
    01-27-12 09:18 AM

I agree with you in part. I would like to see a tab (or an option at the top of App world) that listed Apps that are currently "on sale". I do like the "recently updated" tab as I occasionally look through it to see if there are apps that I haven't come across or that may have not been so great in the past, but were recently updated to add functionality.
    BuzzStarField and BSFA2008 like this.
    01-27-12 09:18 AM
    I think the recently updated is handy. If I have an app I am thinking about getting and see that it has some issues I like to wait and check to see if it was updated before I buy it. If its free its not as large an issue. Just my .02
    01-27-12 09:20 AM
    Appworld doesnt yet have a mechanism for developers to puts their apps on sale. There is 1 option - price, we can change that, but it doesn't become a sale price, it just becomes the new regular price.
    peter9477 and highos like this.
    01-27-12 09:54 AM
    I like the recently updated tab, it shows us dev's are updating their apps
    mgm1979 likes this.
    01-27-12 11:20 AM
    My own app is now in the "Recently Updated" tab and my sales have improved markedly because of it.

1. People who do not own the app will not be notified but might be interested in buying an app that's been improved.
    2. Most apps are never on sale. It is difficult to charge lower than $0.99 for an app and make any money by selling it.
    I agree with Buzz. I always look there for apps that I may not have but have added functionality. I may not have bought the app the first time around but with the update I may decide to get it.
    01-27-12 12:08 PM
    This:
    I like the recently updated tab, it shows us dev's are updating their apps

There are only a couple Apps I've bought as soon as they come out...the rest I surf the 'recently updated' tab to follow who's actually paying attention to their app, and buy from there.
    01-27-12 02:24 PM
    Appworld doesnt yet have a mechanism for developers to puts their apps on sale. There is 1 option - price, we can change that, but it doesn't become a sale price, it just becomes the new regular price.
    Agreed.

In that case, someone can potentially just start their app at $5, and then lower it to $4, and it's "on sale" permanently.
    01-27-12 06:13 PM
    I agree the tabs we have now are ok and usefull at times like recently updated lets the devs that are constantly updating there apps get more showcase time as they damn well should (we love those devs
    I would like a way of adding categories to a custom tab to easily browse the apps were more likely to check for or atleast some kind of filtered search option.. maybe when the app database gets bigger we will see something like this.
    01-27-12 06:54 PM

Bingo ... I finally found your app last night from the recently updated tab. I then also recommended it to my playbook buddy who also purchased it. Awesome stuff BuzzStarField, and I may have missed this app if I didn't see it in the update tab.... Actually, really awesome stuff! And you are from Canada if I am not mistaken?

Anyways , love the recently updated tab to see what devs are doing. Don't get rid of it. Though I can't deny a sale tab would also be welcome if done right.
    01-27-12 07:25 PM
    its a great section for people who did not bought the app after reading a couple of bad reviews, as it can tell them that it has now improved.
    01-27-12 09:08 PM

Congrats on getting the update out. Appworld still needs some improvement. You app, for instance - I was notified of the update. Follow the link. V1! DELETE! Yikes, no, where's the update you (appworld) notified me about? 1/2 hour later, still NO update. It did show up a bit later. But why send out the notice of the update and not have it available? This has happened at least once or twice before. Sometimes I wonder if some of these places forget about automation and linking their databases!!!
    01-28-12 12:13 AM
    ...especially since Apps should be sending notifications when they're ready to be updated.
    Only if you have the app installed.
    01-28-12 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD