Greetings to everyone, I have been actively reading on this forum but this is my first time asking a question.
    I have recently started using Kalemsoft Media Player to buffer videos from my PC directly onto my Playbook.
    It seems even under the same wifi router at hom, Kalemsoft is using Internet and not LAN to buffer, which ofcourse slows the whole process down when Internet is being used in other devices too.
    I would request your help for a solution to this issue.
    Thanks
    Regards
    10-02-14 06:15 AM
    Are you using a local IP address to connect to the computer, or are you connecting to an internet IP address? Local is generally 192.168.X.X

Maybe that's the issue? I've honestly not tried it myself, so that's the end of my ability to be useful.
    10-06-14 07:42 AM
    What are you using as a media server?
    It shouldn't be able to stream from your computer using the Internet.
    10-06-14 12:51 PM
    KalemSoft Media Streamer doesn't use internet for streaming if you are streaming within your LAN. It will use internet only if you are in a remote location away from your LAN. Within LAN, the only use for internet is the directory service which is used to fetch the IP address of the server. This way player can find the server without having to enter an IP address. This consumes negligible network bandwidth and is only done during initial connection (or if the server updates its IP) so it shouldn't impact the streaming performance. However, you can disable this from server network settings->Advanced if you would like to. If you do, you will need to enter the server's IP address and port number to player network settings manually (and update it accordingly if the server doesn't have a static IP and can be assigned different IP addresses by your router). Directory service does this all automatically for you.

Alternatively, you can use a third-party DLNA server and use the DLNA feature of the player to stream.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    10-14-14 02:12 AM