I am wondering if anyone knows the reason why google maps mobile doesn't recognize the playbook browser? Google mail mobile works it confuzzling why maps wouldn't also work..... WebOS browser on my touchpad is recognized as mobile. Perhaps this will be addressed in OS 2.0.
    10-23-11 03:09 PM
    It seems to stall with a "LOADING" box at the upper left corner of the map.

It did work under and earlier OS. And some folks are reporting it does work under the OS2 beta.

It is disappointing at the moment.
    10-23-11 03:39 PM
    Perhaps this will be addressed in OS 2.0.
    I doubt it. Is Google the one serving the page according to the browser user agent... its their decision what to present to the PlayBook.
    10-23-11 03:39 PM
    It seems to stall with a "LOADING" box at the upper left corner of the map.

It did work under and earlier OS. And some folks are reporting it does work under the OS2 beta.

It is disappointing at the moment.
    Confirmed - it does work on 2.0.... Unfortunately no better than before (laggy, doesn't always respond to the first screen press, menus sometimes take 2-3 presses to drop down, etc...)... But it does load in the new OS and the features all work as before....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    FF22 likes this.
    10-24-11 06:56 AM
    Confirmed - it does work on 2.0.... Unfortunately no better than before (laggy, doesn't always respond to the first screen press, menus sometimes take 2-3 presses to drop down, etc...)... But it does load in the new OS and the features all work as before....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for clarifying the behavior of google maps on the pb - disappointing but good information.
    10-24-11 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD