seems like none of the apps I have downloaded use the swipe down for menu options. is there a reason for this?

it would be nice to have consistency across the board when it comes to swipe functions
    05-11-11 11:56 AM
    Because the finer points of BlackBerry development (design, UI consistency, etc.) is generally lost on the BlackBerry development community. Not always, but usually. It's depressing, really.
    05-11-11 12:09 PM
    Even apps made by RIM themselves aren't following their own UI guidelines --- like the Facebook app.
    05-11-11 12:19 PM
    Because the finer points of BlackBerry development (design, UI consistency, etc.) is generally lost on the BlackBerry development community. Not always, but usually. It's depressing, really.
    even BlackBerry dont have the swipe down consitency in the core OS UI and their own apps (fb and scrapbook for example) so i think thats kinda unfair to throw that one at devs. some apps simply dont need it, and some prefer to put options on screen.
    05-11-11 12:19 PM
    i consider scrapbook a 3rd party app as is facebook.

those apps were DEVELOPED after the fact so those developers fall into the same group

im just sayin, consistency is nice
    05-11-11 01:19 PM
    I would speculate that, at the current time, apps were slapped together quickly with the focus to get their presence on the device, and not so much time was invested on designing user interaction. It will change over time as the apps evolve.
    05-11-11 01:47 PM
    We (IceyApps) didn't really consider the Swip Down menu to start with but now the PlayBook is out and after using them we have seen that it's a good idea and will be adding it to our new apps and already added to one.
    05-11-11 02:05 PM
    I'm thinking that it's another side effect of developers not having access to the actual hardware.

All other mobile platforms don't have a gesture like this, so when you're running the app in a VM it doesn't occur to you that there may be a gesture for accessing options.
    05-11-11 03:50 PM
    i consider scrapbook a 3rd party app as is facebook.

those apps were DEVELOPED after the fact so those developers fall into the same group

im just sayin, consistency is nice
    fair enough, as RIM made them after the fact, i`ll use appworld instead. not all of the native apps have swipe down menus was my point.

and not all of the 3rd party apps need swipe down menus. sure some could benifit from them, but some i have dont need it
    05-11-11 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD