Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • I stopped playing PS3/Xbox/Wii now that I got my PB

24 33.80%
  • I still play both equally

16 22.54%
  • I hardly play games on my PB I use my Gaming systems

31 43.66%
    I did for a bit but then I finished lots of my games.
    Mostly used it for gaming on the bus.

Been playing lots on my console lately though ever since I got Resistance 3.

PS3 FTW!!!!!!!!!
    04-02-12 03:02 AM
    lol! I have but its NOT because of the playbook.
    I have been assigned unimaginable amounts of homework and my finals are also around the corner.

I miss skyrim

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    04-02-12 03:08 AM
    I don't really use my xbox at all, only once or twice a year when the right game comes out for me, example Skyrim. although I find myself using the playbook more than my computer. I have it in my hands every where in the house. The only time I use my computer is when I need to record music/mutitrack, I wish some would make a killer app on that for the playbook. But none to less every device has its role in usage, it's just whats convenient for the user.
    04-02-12 08:14 AM
    I have to both agree and disagree on this because i use my Playstation often to view Blu-Rays. Something that the playbook is still unable to even out. Sure, it can do 1080p; but not a full 60fps or more experience.

As far as gaming... I have to admit that more often i find myself starting a game on the tab then the ps3, simply because it's quicker.
    04-02-12 09:31 AM
    To me its really a hobby not a pastime, but some of these games do consume a lot
    of time. 3 games that I believe I ranked up over 20hrs total are Zombie trailer, Grave Defense, Living Dead Defense.
    There are some great games to be played on the PlayBook, and I couldn't think of a better thing for when I'm on the go. But when I'm home on the couch and it's time to unwind, I need something with more depth, and even as the line between the consoles and handheld devices continues to blur, there's just no way the games on the mobile OS's can compete with the consoles are putting out there.
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    04-02-12 09:37 AM
    I've never looked at the PB as a gaming platform, and probably never will. I use mine for business primarily. The casual games are nice to kill a few minutes here and there if I have the option. Other than that, I'll stick with my lowly PC games, thanks.
    04-02-12 10:31 AM
    have to make a conscious effort to use my 360, because if i dont, it will be useless
    04-02-12 12:48 PM
    Maybe only because it was a new toy and the novelty was/is fresh. But alluding that the Playbook is a replacement for said systems is silly and ridiculous; that's like me saying I would rather watch movies on the Playbook instead of on bluray, for example. Completely different qualities. If the latter points are not what you meant, my apologies
    04-02-12 12:58 PM
    I have not picked up a ps3 joystick in a few months, now my son gets unlimited ps3 playtime. I will probably pick it up in awhile. Peace.
    04-02-12 01:04 PM
    I haven't touched it since I got my PB, i mean, I havent finish the Battlefied, Dante's Inferno. not because the game are hard, but bec. the Pb is always attached to my body, Lol. I dnt undestand why other ppl under estimate this device seriously its freakin awesome. i hate it that most of my friends and family members has apple ipad, ipod, iphone. and i cnt intergrade with them. but i love blackberry so much that I sacrifice chosen the bb products over apple. Really looking forward for Bb10.. im sure the Pb will also get an update eventhough 2.0 is still fresh..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-02-12 01:17 PM
    As for games, I will use the PlayBook to pass the time while waiting. Xbox versus PlayBook (or any mobile/social game) is an easy win for Xbox. Consoles were truly made for games after all!

I do tend to use a console with my PlayBook though. While playing Skyrim or ME3 and I get stuck, well I just can put my playbook down on my lap while watching a strategy video! What is this secret achievement? Well I have my PB right here, just just check out what it is. PB is a great console companion!
    04-02-12 01:40 PM
    As for games, I will use the PlayBook to pass the time while waiting. Xbox versus PlayBook (or any mobile/social game) is an easy win for Xbox. Consoles were truly made for games after all!

I do tend to use a console with my PlayBook though. While playing Skyrim or ME3 and I get stuck, well I just can put my playbook down on my lap while watching a strategy video! What is this secret achievement? Well I have my PB right here, just just check out what it is. PB is a great console companion!
    This is precicely what I do, my PB is my personal gate to the internet and it is a great help whem playing, specIally when I'm trying for a trophy (acheivement)
    04-02-12 01:47 PM
    Sorry to slightly go off topic, but since there are some gamers in this thread, I have to ask. Has anyone found any good game cataloging apps made natively for the PlayBook? I haven't had any luck, but find that sometimes AppWorld can be finicky on the search.

I tried to find a good list app that allows for categories (owned/wish list), but haven't found many free that I like (I am looking for free because it is a makeshift cataloging app, while waiting for an app that fits my needs).

And for those interested. Type in Xbox in AppWorld and there is a pretty good app for Xbox achievements and PS3 trophies. Its an Android app, hoping they make a native one, but it is really good. Right now I just use the Browser because I hate Android apps, but for those who aren't as picky as I am, you may want to check it out.
    04-02-12 01:54 PM
    I haven't touched it since I got my PB, i mean, I havent finish the Battlefied, Dante's Inferno. not because the game are hard, but bec. the Pb is always attached to my body, Lol. I dnt undestand why other ppl under estimate this device seriously its freakin awesome. i hate it that most of my friends and family members has apple ipad, ipod, iphone. and i cnt intergrade with them. but i love blackberry so much that I sacrifice chosen the bb products over apple. Really looking forward for Bb10.. im sure the Pb will also get an update eventhough 2.0 is still fresh..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Nice Wallpaper you got there
    I don't know if you or anyone else agrees, but I think the
    Playbooks size/weight is perfection for mobile gaming.
    04-02-12 06:10 PM

There is no question about this. When it came to figuring out those alchemical ingredients in Skyrim, the PlayBook proved invaluable.

Sorry to slightly go off topic, but since there are some gamers in this thread, I have to ask. Has anyone found any good game cataloging apps made natively for the PlayBook? I haven't had any luck, but find that sometimes AppWorld can be finicky on the search.

I tried to find a good list app that allows for categories (owned/wish list), but haven't found many free that I like (I am looking for free because it is a makeshift cataloging app, while waiting for an app that fits my needs).

And for those interested. Type in Xbox in AppWorld and there is a pretty good app for Xbox achievements and PS3 trophies. Its an Android app, hoping they make a native one, but it is really good. Right now I just use the Browser because I hate Android apps, but for those who aren't as picky as I am, you may want to check it out.
    I use the spreadsheet in Docs-To-Go to make lists like that. It really is quite usable. And I think I need to check out that app.

Nice Wallpaper you got there
    I don't know if you or anyone else agrees, but I think the
    Playbooks size/weight is perfection for mobile gaming.
    No question about the size and weight of the PlayBook, but I can't stop looking at that PSVita. If I have any complaints about the PlayBook, or any other tablet device for that, it's the interface. The Vita takes care of that in droves. Every type of user-interface you could think of, and a few you couldn't, are included on that thing. With my current schedule and responsibilities, I need something that does more, like the PlayBook. But if I was a kid riding around with my parents, or a heavy user of mass transit, I don't know if I could resist…
    Last edited by nextlevel88; 04-02-12 at 07:56 PM.
    04-02-12 07:53 PM
    I have stopped playing for weeks because of my playbook!
    04-02-12 09:18 PM
    Seriously?
    04-03-12 08:26 AM
    I don't have a ps3 or an xbox....... so more playbook time for me then.

Sent with Tapatalk from my Blackberry Playbook
    04-03-12 10:36 AM
    I did neglected my PS3 when i got my PB almost a year ago, but not beacuse of its games (we didnt had that many games back then), its just what happens when i get a new gadget, im on my PB all the time but when i get home and feel like gaming nothing beats my PS3, im currently on my second playthrough of Dragon Age 2.
    04-03-12 11:01 AM
    I've never looked at the PB as a gaming platform, and probably never will. I use mine for business primarily. The casual games are nice to kill a few minutes here and there if I have the option. Other than that, I'll stick with my lowly PC games, thanks.
    I looked at it the other way, got the PB for games and PDFs, due to the ideal form factor. For sure I won't be getting a Vita or 3DS. Also might not get another console, headphones are a big deal, so huge win for the PC in that department.
    04-03-12 02:58 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD