Same here, and the same thing with swapping letters. (Both operations open a child window.) I had to create a FB account just to be able to log in and play a blank, then log back out and return to the ported Android app on the PB.

Don't know if it still does it; I stopped playing when I decided that WWF was totally lame because it allows you to try any combination of letters, as many times as you want, with no limits or penalties. Takes all of the skill out of the game and reduces it to who's lucky enough to get more high-value letters.
    WWF V. 5.1 is only compatible on Android 3.0 and up.

Since the Android Player in the Playbook is 2.0.xx.xxx...it will not work, but it is quite interesting that the Playbook was still able to run the program with minor issues (lag and force shutdown)

If RIM decides to update the player to 3.0+ with the release of BB10, this app and more will work better and faster than it would on android devices running 3.0.

Just shows how powerful QNX is!!!
    08-28-12 10:24 AM
    I'm running WWF 4.92. After the .668 update, the game's performance seemed to increase. However, the game still regularly prompts me to force close when dealing with blanks, texting, changing opponents, and gets worse it seems the more letters have been used on tbe board. It also decides for itself when it will let me know that someone's played (once I've closed the game).

I'll take Scrabble or Words w Friends. I'll also take Smurf Village and Osmos, and World of Goo.
    08-28-12 11:52 AM
    I also don't understand when/why I sometimes get a notification even though nothing obvious is running Android and then don't get any notice until I do run something Android.
    08-28-12 05:01 PM
    I have tweeted michael clewly - we shall see!

sagec - thanks for the link

Alex
    26th August 2012
    @MichaelClewley How do I contact EA (or Hasbro) re: getting Scrabble for the PB? Scrabble on the PB should be a big seller

Still have my fingers crossed that there will be some feedback
    09-01-12 10:03 AM
    In case you haven't heard off or tried Classic Words Solo

Plays brilliant on my playbook - doesn't have all the bells & whistles but at least it works/saves a games in progress etc.... There's a free version too. The full version is cheap anyway ($1.99). I bought it!

I would love a full blown commercial Scrabble game too - but while we wait - this game is filling the time in nicely
    Last edited by cifa; 09-10-12 at 04:37 AM.
    09-10-12 03:17 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD