I would have thought this game would have been one of the first on the PlayBook, and to be honest the app world is missing a really good word game. Does anyone know or heard if ea is going to bring it to playbook?
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    03-02-12 02:59 PM
    Have you tried sideloading words with friends, it's very close to scrabble.
    Barljo likes this.
    03-02-12 03:14 PM
    I sideloaded Scrabble when OS 2.0 was on beta but not sure if it is still available to download or where...sorry.
    03-02-12 03:24 PM
    I am eagerly awaiting Scravbble. It's the only game I really really want. Electronic Arts makes the tablet version and it's fantastic on the iPad, so I was hoping they'd have a version for PlayBook soon (they've already done Game of Life and Monopoly, so ...)

I'm curious too if this is in the cards, and when.
    Jeovex likes this.
    03-02-12 03:49 PM
    I used to play it through the browser on FaceBook, but after they updated something, it wouldn't lock into fullscreen with a double tap and became a little harder to manage. I, too, sideloaded the Words with Friends app and it is great.

There's also an app in AW called Lexulous
    03-02-12 03:56 PM
    Have you tried sideloading words with friends, it's very close to scrabble.
    WWF didn't quite work for me. It didn't let me change blanks into letters, which was the big problem. Does yours run all right?
    03-02-12 06:16 PM
    Yes I'm waiting for scrabble too. It's the only one I want really.
    03-02-12 06:24 PM
    I'd like Scrabble too.
    03-02-12 06:25 PM
    I want scrabble its the only game ideas play
    03-02-12 07:32 PM
    WWF didn't quite work for me. It didn't let me change blanks into letters, which was the big problem. Does yours run all right?
    I have sideloaded version 4.74 and it constantly crashes and burns - sometimes twice in a single play. And always when you even go in and read a chat message or choose a letter for the wild card blanks. Sometime I have to reboot the PlayBook to make it work again. Very irritating.

I really like this game and hope they add it to the official App World list. This sideloading not only is a pain in the rear, I'm assuming that updates have to be manually uploaded, etc. Sigh.
    03-05-12 10:32 PM
    Scrabble for me too - it is the only game that I want

Come on EA - must be a doddle to port it to PlayBook - and I am sure that the PlayBook demographics would indicate lots of potential sales....
    04-24-12 06:55 PM
    Duplicate post
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 08-25-12 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Duplicate post
    04-24-12 06:57 PM
    count me in for scrabble , play it on my phone all the time but would prefer to play it on my playbook
    04-24-12 07:12 PM
    WWF works here for the most part. Blanks work fine. It does hang a fair bit, video Bud Light ads work... And Zoosk, and... And official appstore ad free version would be nice!

Android Scrabble exists so I am surprised it isn't on Playbook.
    04-24-12 08:36 PM
    Anyone know of a converted apk file/bar file for Scrabble?
    05-01-12 04:35 PM
    WWF works here for the most part. Blanks work fine. It does hang a fair bit, video Bud Light ads work... And Zoosk, and... And official appstore ad free version would be nice!

Android Scrabble exists so I am surprised it isn't on Playbook.
    Agreed

WWF does crash on me a good number of times but is still usable. I've played and completed many games. I recommend people sideload it until it is available in app world
    05-01-12 05:22 PM
    Still no Scrabble!
    06-25-12 02:57 PM
    The newest version of WWF works fine for me. Waiting or skipping through the ads between each move is annoying as h*ll, but it doesn't take away from the fun.
    06-25-12 05:00 PM
    Still perplexed why Scrabble has not been released for the PB (are they waiting for BB10?)

Does anybody know how best to contact EA (or Hasbro) re: getting Scrabble for the PB

I will happily email both

I think Scrabble on the PB would be a big seller

Doesn't RIM have a Director of Games Development - any idea who this is? I'll email him/her too!

(Have just bought two more PBs as gifts in the UK fire-sale @ �129 each, would love to be able to pre-load them with Scrabble.... as well as Contract Bridge.....)
    08-25-12 08:30 AM
    Still perplexed why Scrabble has not been released for the PB (are they waiting for BB10?)

Does anybody know how best to contact EA (or Hasbro) re: getting Scrabble for the PB

I will happily email both

I think Scrabble on the PB would be a big seller

Doesn't RIM have a Director of Games Development - any idea who this is? I'll email him/her too!

(Have just bought two more PBs as gifts in the UK fire-sale @ �129 each, would love to be able to pre-load them with Scrabble.... as well as Contract Bridge.....)
    Tweet @michaelclewley
    08-25-12 09:23 AM
    Scrabble with BBM integration is probably the hold up, I hope!
    08-25-12 11:45 AM
    I have tweeted michael clewly - we shall see!

sagec - thanks for the link

Alex
    08-26-12 12:33 PM
    I've been running Scrabble in the PlayStation emulator PCSX-PB. The interface is not what a touch device should be but the engine kicks my *ss on intermediate. Please release a proper version people will pay for it!
    08-27-12 08:54 PM
    I sideloaded Scrabble when OS 2.0 was on beta
    08-28-12 12:39 AM
    Same here, and the same thing with swapping letters. (Both operations open a child window.) I had to create a FB account just to be able to log in and play a blank, then log back out and return to the ported Android app on the PB.

Don't know if it still does it; I stopped playing when I decided that WWF was totally lame because it allows you to try any combination of letters, as many times as you want, with no limits or penalties. Takes all of the skill out of the game and reduces it to who's lucky enough to get more high-value letters.
    08-28-12 10:06 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD